What's with the --URL:: stuff?

4Eyes

Folks,

I don't understand what is happening when I view many of the posts here. In reference to post #4 here:

I see this:

[ autoIt ] ( --URL::3cf8de97342edcc15ffb2c2f5f73e03a-- Popup )

$i = 1

--URL::40b431f1a176736dafd522a52667957f-- While 1

$oIE = _IEAttach ("", "instance", $i)

--URL::40b431f1a176736dafd522a52667957f-- If --URL::1410d46af447fe1a4c6fdcd478d9ec4a-- @error = $_IEStatus_NoMatch --URL::40b431f1a176736dafd522a52667957f-- Then --URL::40b431f1a176736dafd522a52667957f-- ExitLoop

--URL::40b431f1a176736dafd522a52667957f-- ReDim $aIE[$i + 1]

$aIE[$i] = $oIE

$aIE[0] = $i

$i += 1

--URL::6593096bf9e21b6942e65083d35fa246-- ConsoleWrite($oIE.LocationURL&@CRLF)

--URL::40b431f1a176736dafd522a52667957f-- WEnd

Can someone please explain what the --URL:: stuff is and how do I get back to the usual view?

Driving me crazier!

4Eyes

It looks like the popup code is broken on that page.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

It's many many pages George. I noticed the site was down for a loooong time yesterday. Well, at least for me anyway. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Do you see the same thing on that page?

Thanks for your reply.

4Eyes

Yes I did. The site was down for 2 days and it may have something to do with that. Some pages I looked at were fine and others are like the one you linked to. Not a big issue though, it's just the popup window that doesn't work. Jon may be able to fix them with a simple script or some other method he has at his disposal.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

George,

Thanks for confirming that.

Actually it's a real pain for me as I copy a lot of example code into Scite and have to do a lot of messing around to clean it up. If I take my eye off the ball I could accidentally del something important. Hey, knowing you the little bit that I do, I bet you're working on RegEx to fix it! :x LOL!

Everyone please note.... I'm not complaining, just mentioning.

4Eyes

I reported this to the autoit trac about 2 weeks ago, it was happening before the forums went down.

http://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/1845

as stated in the bug report it happens when the url arguments tell it to highlight the string "url", as in

Edited by zeffy

zeffy,

I see it sprinkled liberally everywhere, esp thru code snippets. It was a a pain to clean up the recently posted tinyyoutubedownloader for example, but using the ctrl-h search and replace helped a lot.

4Eyes