How to check if folder doesn't contain any other

I'm trying to make script which will check if "@AppDataCommonDir (\001)" doesn't contain any file or subfolder except "\001" which contain files and subfolders inside and delete @AppDataCommonDir if no other files or folders exists.

$empty = 1
$savedpath = @WorkingDir
FileChangeDir(@AppDataCommonDir)

$search = FileFindFirstFile("*.*")
While $empty
    $file = FileFindNextFile($search) 
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    if $file = "." OR $file = ".." OR $file = "001" then continueloop
    $empty = 0
WEnd

FileChangeDir($savedpath)

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Thanks Kurt, but I couldn't get it to work, this is what it looks like:Posted Image

My point is to extract files B:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\001 to RamDrive, to use files for some time then delete 001 and @AppDataCommonDir if any other folder or file doesn't exist inside @AppDataCommonDir. On RamDrive @AppDataCommonDir doesn't exist by default.

#include <Constants.au3>

$dirs = Run(@ComSpec & " /c dir /AD /B", @AppDataCommonDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDOUT_CHILD)
$alldirs = ""

While 1
$alldirs = $alldirs & StdoutRead($dirs)
 If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
Wend

MsgBox(0, @AppDataCommonDir, $alldirs)

Thanks Kurt, but I couldn't get it to work, this is what it looks

what exactly does not work? My code checks if @AppDataCommonDir holds only \001. If so, the variable $empty will be set to 1. If there is anything else in @AppDataCommonDir, then the variable will be set to 0. You will have to write your own code to delte or copy files based on that information.

BTW: The screenshot does not match your textual description. Is that intentional?

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Have a look at my _FileFindAll() function

It returns a list of files that match a mask and an attribute filter. This usage:

_FileFindAll(@AppDataCommonDir, '*', 'D')

will return an array containing the names of folders in @AppDataCommonDir. If the first element isn't '001' or the array is bigger than one, then you know there are more folders out there.

what exactly does not work? My code checks if @AppDataCommonDir holds only \001. If so, the variable $empty will be set to 1. If there is anything else in @AppDataCommonDir, then the variable will be set to 0. You will have to write your own code to delte or copy files based on that information.

I have tried this way:

$empty = 1
$savedpath = @WorkingDir
FileChangeDir("D:\ZZ")

$search = FileFindFirstFile("*.*")
While $empty
    $file = FileFindNextFile($search)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    If $file = "." Or $file = ".." Or $file = "001" Then
        DirRemove("D:\ZZ\001", 1)
    Else
        DirRemove("D:\ZZ", 1); does not remove dir (only content)
    EndIf
    $empty = 0
WEnd

FileChangeDir($savedpath)
Everything goes fine until Else, where DirRemove delete only files and folders inside "ZZ" but does not remove complete dir [DirRemove("D:\ZZ", 1)].