!WEBSITE PROBLEM: http://autoitscript.com not loading in Firefox or Safari

The main website for AutoIt (http://autoitscript.com) is not loading in Firefox or Safari. I tested this on both my Windows and Mac machines and they both show the same results. Internet Explorer works.

I filed a bug at the following location with a full description of what is happening:

http://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/ticket/1852

(I have a feeling this isn't really something that should be tracked in there but I filed it just in case)

Thanks! :x

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is interesting. I have no access to the site either, except with IE.

Well, you are not the only person.

I tested FF and IE and FF did not work, when IE did.

Thanks for the report.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

It works if you bypass the main page and go directly to the AutoIt-section, there you can get all downloads.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

It works if you bypass the main page and go directly to the AutoIt-section, there you can get all downloads.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml

i figured that out already but it didnt help the last few days, and someone should tell the admin(s) so they can fix it.

i also just realized how to they monetize autoit?

Its working for me now.

@Richard Robertson: He was not referring to the forum, but to autoitscript.com

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

For me it works with IE8, but not FF4

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

It is the Firefox USeragent. Somehow it is blocked from the mainpage. When modifying it it will work.

It is the Firefox USeragent. Somehow it is blocked from the mainpage. When modifying it it will work.

My Tests using useragents/browsers:

• :lol: Firefox 3.6.13 Default - Empty Response
  • :P IE 6 ua - Works
  • :( IE 7 - Empty Response
  • :shifty: IE 8 ua - Works
  • :nuke: IE 9 ua - Works
  • :D Google Chrome (5?) - Empty Response
  • :) iPhone 3.0 ua - Empty Response
  • :x Telnet.exe (no UA) - 403 Forbidden

I didn't see any official response or announcement over this yet, is anything else known?

Not being able to access the main page but everything else for this long is a little weird.

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

Even Googleot, MSNbot and Yahoo-bot are blocked ...

If you're using FF get the addon "Modify Headers" and modify the 'User-Agent' to something else that works, like the IE8 user agent.

User Agent Switcher does that job, too and it is easier to handle.

@Manadar: I know :x

Doesn't anyone bookmark anything any more? I haven't visited the main page for AutoIt in months until I saw the problems people were having with it. I have a bookmark to the forums and one to the A3 page, there's really no need to go to the main page unless you're looking up A2 information and don't have it bookmarked.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Doesn't anyone bookmark anything any more? I haven't visited the main page for AutoIt in months until I saw the problems people were having with it. I have a bookmark to the forums and one to the A3 page, there's really no need to go to the main page unless you're looking up A2 information and don't have it bookmarked.

For me it is no problem, but I think it does not make a good impression if your homepage doesn't load correctly.

• Administrators

Ok that's weird. Hadn't seen anything about the main page.

Edit: I have no clue what's going on here. If you try http://www.autoitscript.com/index.shtml it works fine but not if you omit the index page. But that config has never changed and it's what all the subdirectories use anyway and those work...

Edited by Jon