GUI for DOS

earl82

You cant make a GUI for DOS because it is a command line system. My understanding of OS's that old is not great, however you could make something similar to a GUI with your typical characters? Something like as follows I guess:

╔══════════════════════════╗

║ Example text-GUI for DOS ║

║ ║

║ Lorem Ipsum and all that ║

╚══════════════════════════╝

╔══════════╗ ╔══════════╗

║ Button 1 ║ ║ Button 2 ║

╚══════════╝ ╚══════════╝

Something like that I guess?

Oh well, there is my response on the matter. Sorry if I didnt help that much.

shanet

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

AutoIt is WINDOWS based and Windows must load to use it.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 1 month later...

I am confused. Do you want to run a GUI from DOS or do you want to make a DOS GUI that runs in Windows? :)

EDIT: If it's the latter, then maybe this might get you started:

$GUI_Form1=GUICreate("Command Prompt Sim", @DesktopWidth*.8, @DesktopHeight*.8)
$GUI_Edit1=GUICtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF, 0, 0, @DesktopWidth*.8, @DesktopHeight*.8, 2102468) ;BitOR($ES_AUTOVSCROLL,$ES_OEMCONVERT,$ES_AUTOHSCROLL,$ES_WANTRETURN,$ES_MULTILINE,$WS_VSCROLL))
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 14, 800, 0, "Courier New")
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xEFEDC9)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x0000A6)
GUISetState()
$dos=Run(@ComSpec & " /k ", "", @SW_HIDE, 7)
$send=""
$def_dir=""

While 1
    $nMsg=GUIGetMsg()
    $dosgetout=StdoutRead($dos)
    $doserrgetout=StderrRead($dos)
    If $nMsg=-3 Then ExitLoop
    $tmp=GUICtrlRead($GUI_Edit1)
    If $dosgetout OR $doserrgetout Then
        If $dosgetout AND $dosgetout<>$send Then
            GUICtrlSetData($GUI_Edit1, $tmp & $dosgetout)
        Else
            If $doserrgetout<>$Send Then GUICtrlSetData($GUI_Edit1, $tmp & $doserrgetout)
        EndIf
        DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", GUICtrlGetHandle($GUI_Edit1), "int", 182, "wparam", 0, "lparam", 1000000)
    EndIf
    If GetEnter() Then
        $send=StringMid($tmp, StringInStr($tmp, @CRLF, 0, -2))
        $send=StringMid($send, StringInStr($send, ">")+1)
        If StringLen($send)>2 Then StdInWrite($dos, $send)
    EndIf
WEnd
ProcessClose($dos)

Func GetEnter()

If IsDeclared("key_timer") AND TimerDiff($key_timer)<50 Then Return
Global $key_timer = TimerInit()
$g_temp = DllCall("user32.dll", "long", "GetAsyncKeyState", "long", 13)
If BitAND($g_temp[0], 0x8000) = 0x8000 Then Return 1
Return 0

EndFunc

Cheers ;)

Edited by OldCoder
"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change."                                      - Stephen Hawking                                        "...not the ability to exploit others."                                                  - OldCoder