Progress Bar

earl82

Hey does anyone know how to make a progress bar to work with GHOST. This is what i am doing with it. I have made a recovery partition and used Autoit to make a GUI to control it. Now i want to make a progress bar to show the progress of ghost and hide ghost from being seen by the end user. (FYI the reason for hiding ghost is that it is ugly) Any help will be appreciated.

You can not really have a progress bar do this, without patching GHOST. However, you could hide the GUI if you know the winhandle.

Then, you use GUISetState($winhandle, @SW_HIDE)

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

And if you don't have a handle to the target window, you should be able to create a list of the windows that currently exist, active or inactive, using WinList(). Then you can check things like the title and content to see which one is the correct window.

(FYI the reason for hiding ghost is that it is ugly)

So, nobody if forcing you to watch it ... OR: whats wrong with just minimizing the window! Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

So, nobody if forcing you to watch it ... OR: whats wrong with just minimizing the window!

because most people that use a recovery partition just let it run, and so i was just trying to make it look a little better.

You can not really have a progress bar do this, without patching GHOST. However, you could hide the GUI if you know the winhandle.

Then, you use GUISetState($winhandle, @SW_HIDE)

so with this idea,(just trying to understand) when using "GUISetState($winhandle, @SW_HIDE)" i will hide the GHOST GUI and show my in its place until GHOST is done? if not is there a way to do that with GUISetState($winhandle, @SW_HIDE).

Edited by earl82

so with this idea,(just trying to understand) when using "GUISetState($winhandle, @SW_HIDE)" i will hide the GHOST GUI and show my in its place until GHOST is done? if not is there a way to do that with GUISetState($winhandle, @SW_HIDE).

Yes, No, No/Inappropriate_Use.

- GUISetState() is not intended for changing/switching the active focus from one window to a other.

- See help documentation for possible GUISetState() changes. (Help Section: "GUI set parameters, GUISetState.")

- See help section: "Window Management" for commands that are intended to deal with window focus control.

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...