AutoIt IE Internet Options

Hi all,

I need help on getting an idea on how to create an AutoIT for this.

I need IE to have a automated script in the internet options>LAN connections

(see attachment). All silent without being seen by user. And needs it to be created as a standalone exe.

And i have no idea how to do this as i have ZERO knowledge in scripts. Never studied or touch it before.

Can anyone help me?

post-62281-0-16069300-1294634979_thumb.j

Welcome to the forums. You have a lot to learn. Read the help file and practice with a couple of simple scripts from the examples. You'll find that the folks here are willing to help but you must make some effort yourself. Typically, try a couple of things then post your code for others to look over.

To get you started, you don't need the IE functions as the config file for IE is stored in the registry at hkcu\software\microsoft\windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\AutoConfigURL. Make a dummy entry and then serach in regedit for the text of that dummy entry.

Enjoy,

4Eyes

There are tutorial here that will teach you what you need.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

RegWrite?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

RegWrite?

Yup, i know that command only. Regwrite...

then? I tried since 8 hours ago and still can get it to write. Help file doesnt help me.

I'm not even a script writer, never touch any of this before...this is my first step...i dont know why those guys are making me learn this when they themselves dont know.

Thats why i am begging here...its been more than 8 hours...

How to make the hint comes out when we are writing and we forgot whats next?

How do we know what enter the value if the terms are unknown to beginner?

I wanna learn but not many information are helpful...i took more than 2hours to listen to the youtube videos...and i didnt hear any regwrite.

This is what i've stop at...

RegWrite ( "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings", "AutoConfigURL", "REG_SZ", http://woodgrovebank.contoso.com/notepad.dat)

and i know this is wrong...coz i can't f5

To set the RegKey please try:

$iResult = RegWrite ( "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings", "AutoConfigURL", "REG_SZ", "http://woodgrovebank.contoso.com/notepad.dat")
ConsoleWrite($iResult & "-" & @error & @CRLF)

On success you should get: 1-0

If you run a 64 bit OS you should use "HKEY_CURRENT_USER64".

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Glad to be of service :x

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki