Help me improve  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Was this useful?

• Yes
    • No, you suck

#include <Array.au3>

Dim $windows_searched[10] ;Make array as big as windows you need to find
$arrayposition = 0 ; needed to know where to put the next hwnd found

$lista = WinList("[CLASS:tooltips_class32]") ; this is the basic class name that made our window we need to find but plenty of other windows could also use this, so we do for loop bellow...

_ArrayDisplay($lista, "Have " & $lista[0][0] & " Windows that exist") ; Lets see what we got so far...including bunch of windows we dont need.

For $wnd = 1 To $lista[0][0] -1 ;$lista[0][0] displays how many classes we got, so this is how many times we need to iterate in the loop

$text = WinGetClassList($lista[$wnd][1]) ; get the class list of each window in the list so we can check if that window has child-classes that will tell us if thats the window we need!
    If (StringInStr($text, "VBFloatingPalette")) = 1 Then ; The window i was looking for in this example had VBFloatingPalette class as the child.
        $windows_searched[$arrayposition] = $lista[$wnd][1] ; So if the classlist with VBFloatingPalette in the current row matches with VBFloatingPalette i simply add the hwnd handle to my array!
        $arrayposition += 1 ; move array one position forward for next window with same class as child.

MsgBox(0, "Window Found", "Pointer: "&$lista[$wnd][1] &" With Searched Classes: "&$text)
    EndIf

Next

_ArrayDisplay($windows_searched) ; Show what we found

Perhaps you find it useful, just solved this problem that gave me some headaches lately so i figure maybe someone else could run into it. Also there are probably more validations that could be added but this should be enough imo. I only had one child-class as identifier of a hwnd but you could easily modify StringInStr to validate it for as many classes you need.

Edited by marko29

An example on how to use?

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

• 4 weeks later...

#include <Array.au3>

Dim $windows_searched[10] ;Make array as big as windows you need to find
$arrayposition = 0 ; needed to know where to put the next hwnd found

$lista = WinList("[CLASS:tooltips_class32]") ; this is the basic class name that made our window we need to find but plenty of other windows could also use this, so we do for loop bellow...

_ArrayDisplay($lista, "Have " & $lista[0][0] & " Windows that exist") ; Lets see what we got so far...including bunch of windows we dont need.

For $wnd = 1 To $lista[0][0] -1 ;$lista[0][0] displays how many classes we got, so this is how many times we need to iterate in the loop

$text = WinGetClassList($lista[$wnd][1]) ; get the class list of each window in the list so we can check if that window has child-classes that will tell us if thats the window we need!
    If (StringInStr($text, "VBFloatingPalette")) = 1 Then ; The window i was looking for in this example had VBFloatingPalette class as the child.
        $windows_searched[$arrayposition] = $lista[$wnd][1] ; So if the classlist with VBFloatingPalette in the current row matches with VBFloatingPalette i simply add the hwnd handle to my array!
        $arrayposition += 1 ; move array one position forward for next window with same class as child.

MsgBox(0, "Window Found", "Pointer: "&$lista[$wnd][1] &" With Searched Classes: "&$text)
    EndIf

Next

_ArrayDisplay($windows_searched) ; Show what we found

Perhaps you find it useful, just solved this problem that gave me some headaches lately so i figure maybe someone else could run into it. Also there are probably more validations that could be added but this should be enough imo. I only had one child-class as identifier of a hwnd but you could easily modify StringInStr to validate it for as many classes you need.

Fine !

i have stuck into a situation in which i have no text or title of window Can you tell me how to access its controls.

this is name of class as shown from auto info WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.33c0d9d

Thats a .NET control... In which case it has another way of accessing it: NAME.

From the helpfile:

ControlSetText("My Window", "", "[NAME:textBoxFolder]", "C:\Some\Folder")

Here is what winfo said for one of my .NET controls:

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:  WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.b7ab7b_r13_ad1
Instance:   2
ClassnameNN:    WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.b7ab7b_r13_ad12
Name:   toolStrip
Advanced (Class):   [NAME:toolStrip]

The advanced gives it to you as it recommends you use in the code.

Mat

Thats a .NET control... In which case it has another way of accessing it: NAME.

From the helpfile:

ControlSetText("My Window", "", "[NAME:textBoxFolder]", "C:\Some\Folder")

Here is what winfo said for one of my .NET controls:

>>>> Control <<<<
Class:  WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.b7ab7b_r13_ad1
Instance:   2
ClassnameNN:    WindowsForms10.window.8.app.0.b7ab7b_r13_ad12
Name:   toolStrip
Advanced (Class):   [NAME:toolStrip]

The advanced gives it to you as it recommends you use in the code.

Mat

Thanks for Reply!

I solved this by $hWnd = WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]") and once i got handle of window i can access it controls easily.

Now i am stuck into a problem.i have to write algo before a text field text change event.

Whenever text is changed in this box i will do something in another combo box.how is this possible.

Thanks!