CD-ROM command

earl82

If the script is on the drive, you would just run from the current directory, however if not, i do not believe it is possible, sorry.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

Give something like this a try

; let's say your executable is in {CDROM-drive}\myfolder\myexe.exe
$myexe = "\myfolder\myexe.exe"
$drives = DriveGetDrive("CDROM")
If $drives = "" Then 
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "no CD/DVD drives found !")
Else    
   $found = False
   For $i = 1 To $drives[0]
    Local $fp = $drives[$i] & $myexe
    If FileExists($fp) Then
            Run($fp)
            $found = True
            ExitLoop
    EndIf
   Next
   If Not $found Then MsgBox(0, "Error", $myexe & " not found on any of your " & $drives[0] & " CD/DVD drives")
 EndIf

Note: not tested - don't have an optical drive available

hope that helps,

whim

Edited by whim

Give something like this a try

; let's say your executable is in {CDROM-drive}\myfolder\myexe.exe
$myexe = "\myfolder\myexe.exe"
$drives = DriveGetDrive("CDROM")
If $drives = "" Then 
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "no CD/DVD drives found !")
Else    
   $found = False
   For $i = 1 To $drives[0]
    Local $fp = $drives[$i] & $myexe
    If FileExists($fp) Then
            Run($fp)
            $found = True
            ExitLoop
    EndIf
   Next
   If Not $found Then MsgBox(0, "Error", $myexe & " not found on any of your " & $drives[0] & " CD/DVD drives")
 EndIf

Note: not tested - don't have an optical drive available

hope that helps,

whim

Thanks I will give this a try when I get home.

When doing things like this always make sure to include a few checks along the way so you can at least make the script exit gracefully.

Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)
Local $aDrives = DriveGetDrive("cdrom")
If NOT @Error Then
    For $Drive in $aDrives
        If IsNumber($Drive) OR DriveStatus($Drive) <> "ready" Then ContinueLoop
        If NOT FileExists($Drive & "\setup.exe") Then ContinueLoop
        ShellExecute($Drive & "\setup.exe")
    Next
EndIf

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 1 month later...

I am new to Autoit though I have registered few months back but I am more concered about customizing OS' acutally I am looking for a script which first look for the removable drive if found it runs a "myexe.exe" which is in "myfolder" and if the removable drived is not found it go on to search for CDROM and run the same exe in the same folder without giving any msg and without showing any window or so.

I have done this so far:

$var = DriveGetDrive( "CDROM" )
If not @error Then
For $i = 1 to $var[0]
Run($var[$i] & "myfolder\myexe.exe")
Next
EndIf

Please someone help me out.

Edited by niceguy75

I am new to Autoit though I have registered few months back but I am more concered about customizing OS' acutally I am looking for a script which first look for the removable drive if found it runs a "myexe.exe" which is in "myfolder" and if the removable drived is not found it go on to search for CDROM and run the same exe in the same folder without giving any msg and without showing any window or so.

I have done this so far:

$var = DriveGetDrive( "CDROM" )
If not @error Then
For $i = 1 to $var[0]
Run($var[$i] & "myfolder\myexe.exe")
Next
EndIf

Please someone help me out.

I do not find any problem, the script should run....by the way which os are you using, friend ??
Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Are you sure that DriveGetDrive( "CDROM" ) is correct?. Try with DriveGetDrive("Removable")

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"