Check if window(s) are open on remote PC

texan

In summary, I am looking for a method of determing if 2 GUI windows exist on a remote PC and communicating that back to a main PC.

I have created some scripts that let me update a software application on remote PCs and then sign on to the application when done. I created an UpdateSign.exe script that is run on the remote PCs. I have a Master.exe GUI script that I run from my main PC which allows me to choose which PCs to use. The Master.exe script that I am running on my main PC uses PsExec utility to execute the UpdateSign.exe script on the remote PCs. This all works fine.

Now, I am looking for a method to determine if the Update & SignOn completed successfully and communicating that back to the main PC. Success is determined by whether or not 2 GUI windows in our application have opened on the remote PCs. I could easily create a script that simply performs WinExists function for both GUI windows but how do I make this script communicate back to the master PC?

The only idea I have had so far is to create some simple txt file on the network that gets updated by the remote PCs and have the main PC read this same text file to check for results. But, I was hoping there was some better solution that didn't involve using a file.

You can use psexec to execute an app on the remote computer AND get the output.

Simply make an app to check for the windows you need and tell you the status. You will use then psexec to run that app (on the remote machine) and it will report back ...

No big deal, I'm sure you can manage to do this easily.

Be warned: psexec can be a little bit difficult to work with at the begining, you might do some trial-and-error till you get it right.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

One hint from me: you can use the build-in tool TASKLIST to get the processes of remote system. Might be also interesting for you...

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ