Apache web server and AutoIt

Skitty

I suggest you try the Uniform Server. Pre-configured Apache package for Windows with Perl, MySQL, Php and all other little niffty things needed, never lets me down :x. I think there's something in the php.ini to allow/disallow file-upload, also you might want to take a look into the apache *.conf files.

This is a good tutorial, just follow it word for word, and it'll be up and running in no time. There are also 4+ tutorials to install apache, for v1 and v2 on vista or xp and earlier.

The only thing I didn't like was that he wanted to use the desktop for everything, I simply replaced that with a new folder on the root of the drive.

What are you asking? I think by looking at how it handles the password that a fairly in-experienced person could find out the password

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

I think that there isn't a password.

Doing all the password stuff on the client side is not just bad practice, it's wrong. This is the right way to password protect a directory: Get the auth code for a .htaccess file using a tool like this, or write it yourself if you know what you are doing. Add that to a .htaccess in the directory. The .htpasswd file can be generated by php or this tool on the same site (You might want to do that first so you know where it's stored for the first step). The result? You can now store many usernames and passwords (1 per line in the .htpasswd file) without coding a thing. It's also very secure, and can be used on file as well using the <Files> directive (haven't tried that yet). When you start running a full website, store the .htpasswd in the server root, and use just ".htpasswd" as the path, that way you'll be able to use the same set of usernames and passwords site wide.

Mat

I suggest you try the Uniform Server. Pre-configured Apache package for Windows with Perl, MySQL, Php and all other little niffty things needed, never lets me down :x. I think there's something in the php.ini to allow/disallow file-upload, also you might want to take a look into the apache *.conf files.

This is more like it! but having trouble starting apache..

Edit: Nevermind, I just cant reach my site from the outside...

Edited by xJSLRx

I use XAMPP. Its not exactly the safest option, but it will get you going until at least you can get a working server.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]My code does not have bugs! It just develops random features.[/font]My Projects[list][*]Live Streaming (Not my project, but my edited version)[right]AutoIt Wrappers![/right][/list]Pure randomness[list][*]Small Minds.......................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple progress bar that changes direction at either sides.[/size][*]ChristmasIt AutoIt Christmas Theme..........................................................[size="1"]I WAS BOOOORED![/size][*]DriveToy..............................................................................................................[size="1"]Simple joke script. Trick your friends into thinking their computer drive is haywire![/size][/list]In Development[list][*]Your Background Task Organiser[*]AInstall Second Generation[/list]BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUMS, TRY THIS:

%programfiles%/AutoIt3/autoit3.chm

Yeah, I have apache running like I said but its giving me -

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

And I am also having difficulties enabling MySQL.

Let me go a little more in depth.. You see, I am trying to run an image board dedicated to my city in Texas State - U.S.A

Just a simple board "Kusaba X", but apparently I need to create a database and tables in these database(s).. Posted Image <-- My face when I realized how difficult this is...

These are the config.php files I'm trying to tweak as the instructions to operating this board state I should modify these accordingly...

$cf['KU_DBHOST']          = 'localhost'; // Database hostname. On SQLite this has no effect.

$cf['KU_DBDATABASE']      = 'kusaba'; // Database... database. On SQLite this will be the path to your database file. Secure this file. ++++++I DON'T KNOW WHERE THIS FILE EVEN IS SO I JUST GAVE IT A RANDOM NAME++++++++++++

$cf['KU_DBUSERNAME']      = 'root'; // Database username. On SQLite this has no effect.

$cf['KU_DBPASSWORD']      = ''; // Database password. On SQLite this has no effect.

$cf['KU_DBPREFIX']        = 'forum'; // Database table prefix +++++++HOW IN THE WORLD ARE THESE DATABASES CREATED+++++++++++

$cf['KU_DBUSEPERSISTENT'] = false; // Use persistent connection to database

Edit: There are so many web sites! I can't believe they're this hard to maintain and build its just crazy. I will be looking around for tuts on starting image boards. Also using software KaFu recommended and it works great now! But still having truble with config.php and MySQL databases. I wish creating web pages were as easy as making Autoit scripts.

Edited by xJSLRx

Get a PHP webhost and you're done for around €3,- a month. They take care of everything, and more importantly: They take responsibility when it goes down.

And if this is just a development server then I don't understand the thread. Just get wamp/xampp.

Yeah, that would be great but I want this project to stay on my computer at home mainly to avoid using web hosting servers. I even have a section where people can upload files etc. So when Im at a friends, I can just input my ip address and get my software. It all started after I read an article at Lifehacker and became interested in building a home server, but now I did in 10 min what took my 1 1/2 days to do by using the software recommended by kafu, Im just trying to figure this MySQL database thing out... every time I run the image-board.php it says I need to modify the code I posted above.

• 2 weeks later...

Once you get the hang of it, PHP is as simple as any other language. The easiest way to create a database on a development site would be phpMyAdmin. Just download and extract to your root directory or modify httpf.conf to create a virtual directory. Then you can setup your database and run the install script for your image board.

Edited by TheClassic