How to set value in Web-Page DropDown box, using FF3.au3?

Hello, I want to set the values in 3 DropDownBoxes on a web-page. Html for 1st box is:

<select class="standardFont quickTransferDropDownSelect" id="ctl00_MainPageContent_char1_DropDownList" name="ctl00$MainPageContent$char1$DropDownList">

<option value="-1" selected="selected">&nbsp;Please select&nbsp;</option>

<option value="4">&nbsp;a&nbsp;</option>

<option value="5">&nbsp;b&nbsp;</option>

I'm working on web-page SavedAs local file so not to cause lots of failed logins before I get it right.

I tried: _FFSetValue:

For $chix = 1 To 3

$ans = 4

$id = StringFormat("ctl00_MainPageContent_char%1d_DropDownList", $chix)

_FFSetValue($ans, $id, "id")

The console window shows

__FFSend: try{window.content.top.document.getElementById('ctl00_MainPageContent_char1_DropDownList').value='i'}catch(e){'_FFCmd_Err';};

__FFRecv: i

So that's alright? but no visible change on web-page or in html viewed with FireBug.

I tried sending _FFClick, and then down-arrows, but nothing to the DropDown, and he web-page moves down.

_FFClick ($id, "id", 0, 0)

send("{Down}")

__FFSend: try{FFau3.simulateEvent(FFau3.WCD.getElementById('ctl00_MainPageContent_char1_DropDownList'),'MouseEvents','click');}catch(e){'_FFCmd_Err';};

__FFRecv: 1

I tried getting the whole page html, modify, write back:

$html = _FFReadHTML("body")

$html = StringReplace($html,"Help","Hello World")

$html = StringReplace($html,"-1","3")

_FFWriteHTML($html)

Again, __FFRecv: 1, and no error messages, but nothing changes on the page.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Richard.

Hello,

if you wanna change the value of one of the options, you can try this:

$sOption1 = _FFXPath("//select[id='ctl00_MainPageContent_char1_DropDownList']//option[1]","",9) ; first option
_FFObj($sOption1, "value", "1")

or want you select one option? Then look at this:

http://english.documentation.ff-au3.thorsten-willert.de/ff_functions/_FFFormOptionselect.php

Stilgar

Edited by Stilgar

Well, I said it worked, and it does for most values. For the numbers 0..9 it works, accepts number or string. For the letters a..z most work but some don't. I made the prog send 0..9,a..z and the ones that fail are a,c,e,l,s,t. When it fails the DropDownBox shows "Please Select". For each setting the console has the same 3 lines, for fail or not, shown for 9,a,b.

I tried various other things, sending "A" - nomatch. Reverse the order of sending - same ones fail. Manually pull down each value - all normal. All the other options for $sOptionMode (but sending the value) - all fail. All 3 Boxes - the same.

The html for the DropDownBox shows the options in a very peculiar order, maybe there's an alpha-sort implied somewhere. I've included the whole html for it below. I can't see any link between the order and the ones that fail. e.g. the options for k,l,m are in order with values 14,15,16, and l fails.

Richard.

For $anix = 0 to 9 + 26
    $chix = 1
    $id = StringFormat("ctl00_MainPageContent_char%1d_DropDownList", $chix)
    if $anix <= 9 then
        $ans = $anix
    Else
        $ans = chr(asc("a") -1 + $anix - 9)
    EndIf
    ConsoleWrite(StringFormat("D1 -%s-  \n", $ans))
    _FFFormOptionselect($id, "id", $ans, "text")
    Sleep(800)
Next

Console:

D1 -9-

__FFSend: FFau3.xpath=null;try{FFau3.xpath=FFau3.WCD.evaluate("//form[1]//select[@id='ctl00_MainPageContent_char1_DropDownList']//option[contains(.,'9')]",FFau3.WCD,null,XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE,null).singleNodeValue.selected=true;}catch(e){'_FFXPath_Error: '+e;};

D1 -a-

__FFSend: FFau3.xpath=null;try{FFau3.xpath=FFau3.WCD.evaluate("//form[1]//select[@id='ctl00_MainPageContent_char1_DropDownList']//option[contains(.,'a')]",FFau3.WCD,null,XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE,null).singleNodeValue.selected=true;}catch(e){'_FFXPath_Error: '+e;};

D1 -b-

__FFSend: FFau3.xpath=null;try{FFau3.xpath=FFau3.WCD.evaluate("//form[1]//select[@id='ctl00_MainPageContent_char1_DropDownList']//option[contains(.,'b')]",FFau3.WCD,null,XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE,null).singleNodeValue.selected=true;}catch(e){'_FFXPath_Error: '+e;};

DropDownBox html:

<select class="standardFont quickTransferDropDownSelect" id="ctl00_MainPageContent_char1_DropDownList" name="ctl00$MainPageContent$char1$DropDownList">
        <option value="-1" selected="selected">&nbsp;Please select&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="4">&nbsp;a&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="5">&nbsp;b&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="6">&nbsp;c&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="7">&nbsp;d&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="8">&nbsp;e&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="9">&nbsp;f&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="10">&nbsp;g&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="11">&nbsp;h&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="12">&nbsp;i&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="13">&nbsp;j&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="14">&nbsp;k&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="15">&nbsp;l&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="16">&nbsp;m&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="17">&nbsp;n&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="18">&nbsp;o&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="19">&nbsp;p&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="20">&nbsp;q&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="21">&nbsp;r&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="22">&nbsp;s&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="23">&nbsp;t&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="24">&nbsp;u&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="25">&nbsp;v&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="26">&nbsp;w&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="27">&nbsp;x&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="28">&nbsp;y&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="29">&nbsp;z&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="30">&nbsp;0&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="31">&nbsp;1&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="32">&nbsp;2&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="33">&nbsp;3&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="34">&nbsp;4&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="35">&nbsp;5&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="0">&nbsp;6&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="1">&nbsp;7&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="2">&nbsp;8&nbsp;</option>
        <option value="3">&nbsp;9&nbsp;</option>
    </select>

Alright, that's quite funny.

I tried &nbsp;9&nbsp; didn't work:

D1 -&nbsp;9&nbsp;-

__FFSend: FFau3.xpath=null...

__FFRecv: _FFXPath_Error: ... contains(.,'&nbsp;9&nbsp;')]", ...

_FFXPath ==> No match: sin...

and I tried trimming off the ; and a few other chars. Nothing worked.

I've tried the "value" and that works. I don't wanted to use that because the mapping might change, and it makes the code different for every web-page possibly different for each DropDownBox.

I will try _FFXPath, and change "Please select" to "=" then it won't match.

Thanks again,

Richard

I have to use several tedious sites at home an work, it's for all of them. I was trying to keep it non-specific, generally useful, and not say exactly what this is. If you like puzzles there are several clues in the content and I won't spoil it by telling.

Richard.

I thought I/we'd done it but no. The next setback is that the web-site changes the mapping of the DropDown box index values each time. Alright, I've read the html found out how its mapped, get the index value that I want, done. The problem is that the saved file A.html accepts the write, but the real web-page doesn't.

Consolewrite(stringformat("D3 -%s%- -%s-\n", $id, $ddvix))
_FFFormOptionselect($id, "id", $ddvix, "value")
]

Console output for success in C:\a.html
D3 -ctl00_MainPageContent_char1_DropDownList%- -29-
__FFSend: FFau3.xpath=null;try{FFau3.xpath=FFau3.WCD.evaluate("//form[1]//select[@id='ctl00_MainPageContent_char1_DropDownList']//option[@value='29']",FFau3.WCD,null,XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE,null).singleNodeValue.selected=true;}catch(e){'_FFXPath_Error: '+e;};
Fail on-line
D3 -ctl00_MainPageContent_char1_DropDownList%- -28-
__FFSend: FFau3.xpath=null;try{FFau3.xpath=FFau3.WCD.evaluate("//form[1]//select[@id='ctl00_MainPageContent_char1_DropDownList']//option[@value='28']",FFau3.WCD,null,XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE,null).singleNodeValue.selected=true;}catch(e){'_FFXPath_Error: '+e;};
__FFRecv: _FFXPath_Error: TypeError: FFau3.WCD.evaluate("//form[1]//select[@id='ctl00_MainPageContent_char1_DropDownList']//option[@value='28']", FFau3.WCD, null, XPathResult.FIRST_ORDERED_NODE_TYPE, null).singleNodeValue is null

So what is the difference on-line? The css file is missing offline, so it looks different, that does not matter? Something else? On-Change functions that are failing? Have they defended the page against repl?

I'm nearly defeated on this, going back to MouseClick and Send.

Any comments appreciated.

Richard