Anomalous Behavior?

While working with Win 7 32-bit i noticed something that may just be our "secured" version or it may be more.

1) When i put "#RequireAdmin" at the start of my script the debug version (run from within Scite) doesn't do any thing but sit there. When i comment out "#RequireAdmin" the script does what i want except copy files to protected areas (C:\Windows\System32).

2) When i run my script i put up a MsgBox() that shows what i've read from an .ini file and variable that i create. One is the @ScriptDir. When i run it from within Scite it gives expected drive letters and paths. When i compile it and run it on its own i get a UNC designation from my @ScriptDir variable which really messes up my file writing.

Things progress as expected in Win_Vista.

Work arounds or fixes anyone?

Thanks,

Dave

1) when your script starts, it encounters #RequireAdmin directive, and has to start a new process as administrator, hence why, nothing will show in scite window console, because scite is not running the script.

2) sorry, I dont know what a 'UNC designation' is.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

2) sorry, I dont know what a 'UNC designation' is.

UNC is "Universal Naming Convention." What that means is that instead of showing drive letters (K:, L:, M:) for network mapped drives it will show the long version (\\Server-Name\Directory\Sub-Directory\Sub-Directory) of the mapped name.

If a server is named "Tigger" and You've mapped a sub-directory three layers down, named "Poo," as "K:\", UNC will show as: \\Tigger\Directory1\Sub-Directory\Poo.