WM_Command Help

Hey everyone -

I'm still really new to using the WM_Command with GUI's but what I'm attempting to do is after someone is finished typing in the input I want to get the value and check it against another value. Here is what I'm using for the WM_Command function:

Func MY_WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $nNotifyCode = BitShift($wParam, 16)
    Local $id = BitAND($wParam, 0x0000FFFF)
    If $id = $input Then
        If $nNotifyCode = 768 Then
            ; code
            consoleWrite("input Control changed" & @CRLF)
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>MY_WM_COMMAND

Obviously all this does is show that a character has been typed into the input box.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Edit: I just realized this should have gone in GUI Help. Sorry for posting it in the wrong section.

Edited by LurchMan

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

I did a quick Search >> maybe this can help using $EN_CHANGE

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I did a quick Search >> maybe this can help using $EN_CHANGE

Thanks for the reply. I'm, kind of going down that road now with something like this:

Global $iPrevLen = 0
Func MY_WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $nNotifyCode = BitShift($wParam, 16)
    Local $id = BitAND($wParam, 0x0000FFFF)
    If $id = $computer Then
        If $nNotifyCode = 768 Then
            $iNewLen = StringLen (GUICtrlRead($computer))
            ConsoleWrite("New: " & $iNewLen & " " & "Prev: " & $iPrevLen & @CRLF)
            If $iNewLen = $iPrevLen Then
                computerchange ()
            Else
                $iPrevLen = $iNewLen
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>MY_WM_COMMAND

But I can't quite get the math to work out right.

Edit: Nevermind - I Found that if I put the below code in the main While..WEnd loop for the GUI it works perfectly. Thanks for the help though!

$iNewLen = StringLen (GUICtrlRead($computer))
    ConsoleWrite("New: " & $iNewLen & " " & "Prev: " & $iPrevLen & @CRLF)
    If $iNewLen = $iPrevLen Then
        If $prevstr <> GUICtrlRead($computer) Then
            computerchange ()
            $prevstr = GUICtrlRead($computer)
        EndIf
    Else
        $iPrevLen = $iNewLen
    EndIf
Edited by LurchMan

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.