Gaming in a window

I have a game that I cannot make run in a window. I was curious as to weather or not I would be able to force the game to run inside a gui window. is it possible? I see that people made their own web browsers n' stuff using AutoIt, but I was curious as to weather or not I could make a GUI window that would hold the program, so that it would not go to full screen =\ . Makes it much easier to use my messengers, and multitask.

I guess what I want it to do is create the GUI window, and open the program inside the GUI window. I just recently started scripting, and this GUI menu looks like it has alot to offer. Could someone help me?

I'm sure that if someone could give me a baseline on how to get it to work, and a lil bit of scripting, I could fill in the blanks. I'm catching on pretty fast.

:(

Edited by hmRaggy

is it really? I'm still gonna try though =p . That script on how to bring up a webpage into a GUI window is freakin' awsome. So I'm gonna try to use some of that dudes idea :( . Thank you for the reply. So how would i use WinMove? I'll look through the fourms, and the help files, and post my findings :(.

Guest mikcik

well if there's an activex control for that game you might be able to run it in a gui. :( otherwise i don't see a chance.

but like Analritter said, you could try to set the size of the game window with autoit.

Ok, I'm looking at this WinMove option. so how would I use it? would I just make the script run the game, then try to have it resize it using WinMove? could someone just put some random blurb of script on opening a program and resizing it using winmove? I'm gonna be trying this myself :( I'll post my results

Run("im a program.exe")
Winwaitactive("im a program")
winmove("im a program",  "",  0, 0, 800, 600)

edit: thats the way you make the window 'im a program' , to the size of 800 x 600....

Edited by Analritter

[font="Verdana"]In work:[list=1][*]InstallIt[*]New version of SpaceWar[/list] [/font]

I have a game that I cannot make run in a window.  I was curious as to weather or not I would be able to force the game to run inside a gui window. is it possible? I see that

Nope, does not work, at least not with AutoIT. See also: Fullscreen Emulator

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *