How to use C++ made custom control with autoit?

E1M1

I made "new" window control in C++ but I dont know how to use it with autoit. autoit.pri.ee/downloads/gird.zip Zip contains dll and C++ project.How do I add/remove rows with autoit? and how do I draw this control on autoit's window?

edited

Isn't there documentation about this? I wonder how you would feel if there would be something you really really need, and then people would say you that you shouldn't do this at all.

Edited by E1M1

edited

There's plenty of documentation on it. It's called the MSDN.

RegisterClass http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms633586%28VS.85%29.aspx

No one said that you shouldn't do it. I'm just questioning your level of skill.

You register the window class in the C++ source code. Then to add it to your window, you add a child control using this class. There's nothing more complex than that.

You're not using native cpp so you are going to struggle.

I *think* (having never tried) that setting [assembly:ComVisible(true)]; and registering the dll will let you use it through com, if not then I seem to remember reading the AutoItobject project has recently been extended to allow you to use com dlls. I hold no responsibility for the accuracy of this paragraph though :)

As long as we agree that we don't actually need anything beyond the essentials for life and that our usage of the word need is intentionally incorrect, I need a lot of things I'm incapable of creating myself. You don't see me trying to create them. I'm not speaking just of software here, either. I could certainly use a nice new car but I'm not trying to build one because I lack the ability to do so. You lack the ability to create whatever it is you wish to create so instead of doing something sensible like trying to build your knowledge up slowly you're just annoying people on the forum asking a bunch of stupid, basic, documented questions and learning nothing in the process. Also, you're either out-right lying or just plain don't understand what the word "understood" means:

I understood that function, but I don't know where where to put it in my C++ code

You cannot understand that function if you do not know how to use it. That should be rather obvious and the fact that it's not raises a lot of red flags. Edited by Valik
Fixed quote tag