Hide parts of a window not created by autoit

Hello. I am trying to hide specific parts of a window such as title bar, status bar, some other controls and leave only 1 part. I've been able to hide some of the pieces of the window but the handles change so unless I pull them somehow (and their are a lot), I'm not quite sure how to go about it. The window I'm trying to do this to contains a map (the piece I want to keep) and a whole bunch of statistics, status bar, title bar etc. I basically want everything but the map hidden (toggle-able) and then probably set alpha on the remaining map part. I've been looking at _GUICtrlStatusBar_ShowHide and GUICtrlSetState. What could make this much easier for me is if I could use the control name/advanced mode name instead of the handle (can I do this?) since it won't change. The other way I could possible do this is to take that map control and copy it to another window created by autoit which I have no idea if that is possible. Thanks for your time.

Edited by arandomguy01

I think so.

Did you try?

I did, but it doesn't seem to work unless I'm doing it wrong. I saw on another post that someone referred to a class in this manner [CLASS:classname] and I had no idea you could do that? When I attempted to use that syntax it did not work either. So I'm really not sure and at a standstill at the moment. Basically I guess what my main question is is can I use some name from the control/class/whatever that is static instead of the handle and if so how do I do this. As an example with the handle this is how I am doing it.

#include <GuiStatusBar.au3>
$hPane = 0x002B0620
_GUICtrlStatusBar_ShowHide($hPane, @SW_HIDE)

I would imagine so, but the example you offered does not use a classname.

_GUICtrlStatusBar_ShowHide("[CLASS:msctls_statusbar32; INSTANCE:1]",@SW_HIDE)

thats for the mspaint

I dont know a great deal about this but I think there may be a Opt() option to be able to use something like that.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I appreciate your help. I've tired a plethora of possible ways to do it but it doesn't seem to work unless I use the handles. I looked through the opt section and didn't see anything that pertained to this as far as I could tell. I guess I'll just leave it alone for a while and wait and see if someone knows for sure how to do it. If anyone has insight please let me know. Thanks for your time.

Perhaps I was mistaken.

I get confused sometimes, I was thinking of WinTitleMatchMode see "Window Titles and Text (Advanced)" in helpfile.

I was certain I had seen this method used on controls, but must have just been with the native functions.

EDIT:

Try your luck with ControlHide() function.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

This works for me

$hwnd = winactivate("Untitled - Paint")
WinWaitActive($hwnd)
$CH = ControlHide($hwnd,"","[CLASS:msctls_statusbar32; INSTANCE:1]")
If Not $CH Then
    MsgBox(0,"","")
EndIf
Sleep(5000)
$CH = ControlShow($hwnd,"","[CLASS:msctls_statusbar32; INSTANCE:1]")

except the desktop nees refreshing before the control is hidden or shown.