SciTE settings - where are they stored?

Where does SciTE keeps its settings, and why are they not being saved between sessions?

Also, how do I change my profile photo? I used Facebook to register, but the photo from Facebook is not really mine. I cannot find the settings for this anywhere in the the settings.

Thanks

• Moderators

jason404,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. ;)

You can change your profile photo by clicking on your name at top right of the page and selecting "My Settings" in the dropdown list. Then select the "Profile" tab and, unsurprisingly, the "Change Photo" option. :idiot:

I have SciTE's Global settings in the SciTE install folder and my User settings in "C:\Users\My_User_Name". What settings are not being remembered? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi Melba

I cannot see the Change Photo option anywhere. I have attached a screenshot. I have looked in all the subsections.

I can see the file %USERPROFILE%\SciTE.session, which contains a reference to <programfiles>\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTEGlobal.properties, but that file does not exist on my system.

Do you know what that file contains by default? I was just trying to hide the SciTE toolbar, which led me to realise that options were not being remembered.

Cheers

post-62658-0-83886200-1296044804_thumb.p

Edited by jason404

I have managed to remove the profile photo (by disabling Facebook profile syncing and then syncing), but there does not seem to be any way to add a new one. The old photo seems to have appeared as my avatar now, but that should be easy enough to change. I'll leave it for now.

I have double checked, and that config file does not seem to come with the installerless version of AutoIT. I use that version as I keep AutoIT in a folder containing all my portable apps and scripts, which is synced to all my machines and also a USB flash drive.

Could anybody attach the default SciTEGlobal.properties file please?

Edited by jason404

• Developers

I have double checked, and that config file does not seem to come with the installerless version of AutoIT. I use that version as I keep AutoIT in a folder containing all my portable apps and scripts, which is synced to all my machines and also a USB flash drive.

Could anybody attach the default SciTEGlobal.properties file please?

Correct, the "lite" version that comes with the AUtoIt3 installer has the whole config stored in its resources.Only the Full installer contains all separate files and utilities.

So giving you just the SciTEglobal.properties is not going to help much, but just install the full version.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Correct, the "lite" version that comes with the AUtoIt3 installer has the whole config stored in its resources.Only the Full installer contains all separate files and utilities.

So giving you just the SciTEglobal.properties is not going to help much, but just install the full version.

Jos

I see, so the AutoIT version of SciTE cannot be customised at all and preferences are not saved? So if I extract the portable full version of SciTE over my lite version, would that be okay? Will the AutoIT syntax highlighting, settings, etc still work fine, or are these included with the full version anyway?

Basically, what should I do to have both the full version of SciTE and all the AutoIT features of the customised SciTE lite in the same directory?

EDIT: I have just been reading the link in your signature, and see that it may not be as simple as that. Maybe I will just use it as it is then. But, is there any way of hiding the toolbar?

Thanks

Edited by jason404

• Developers

I see, so the AutoIT version of SciTE cannot be customised at all and preferences are not saved? So if I extract the portable full version of SciTE over my lite version, would that be okay? Will the AutoIT syntax highlighting, settings, etc still work fine, or are these included with the full version anyway?

Basically, what should I do to have both the full version of SciTE and all the AutoIT features of the customised SciTE lite in the same directory?

Thanks

What is wrong with running the full installer because you clearly have no idea yet what it means to install SciTE properly in a manual way? :) Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

What is wrong with running the full installer because you clearly have no idea yet what it means to install SciTE properly in a manual way? :)

Well, I assumed that SciTE is portable, without needing to register any .dlls or make any registry entries, like Notepad2 and Notepad++, which are my main text editors. It's not the portableness that I was asking about.

Would installing the full version over the lite version overwrite any AutoIT customisation?

• Developers

Well, I assumed that SciTE is portable, without needing to register any .dlls or make any registry entries, like Notepad2 and Notepad++, which are my main text editors. It's not the portableness that I was asking about.

Would installing the full version over the lite version overwrite any AutoIT customisation?

AutoIt3 customisation?

anyway: the installer will update the SciTE subdirectory in the Autoit3 program directory and add many files to it.

It all could be portable, but you need to understand how things are setup for everything to work.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.