Tools options missing

anandnz

Hi There

Thank for this tool, i was recommended to use this to handle the third party dialog boxes so that i continue to run my automation. Firstly

1. I had to login via the face book, as in normal login the challenge question is always invalid .. i tried all the options Autolt, The answer is .. every thing .. hmm

2. Once i downloaded the tool, i find my tool menu options different to what i saw with another colleague .." several commands like "AltRecord" ALT+F6 etc are missing .. please can you tell me how to view them ..

3. Need lot of help so i take it step by step ..

How to implement **str {erewr, were, arwe, w1233, be32, 32343} and pass each of this strings via the command line of third party . .. like

while str != NULL

{

publish.exe -login blah blah - str print ..

wait until a dialog box comes up ..

if dialog box is "success" // I know the task name, and dialog name as i drag finder tool fom Autolt window info

{ on the successful dialog

send ok by sending "ok" command.

print str is success .. in pass.log

}

else

baddialog = " dialog name "

print str failed with baddialog // in fall.log

str++

}

Sorry my programming is very rusty.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Ad

AutoIt ships with a minimized version of the custom SciTE editor. Download the full version of SciTE4AutoIt3.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thank you PsaltyDS, i have actually full version and confirmed from your link the sizes of the SciTE4AutoIt3 files.

I also added AutoIt3Wrapper.ini as i see with default settings and pasted in the Aut2Exe folder.

1. I do not know how to get the code for Aut2exe to recompile ..

2. I started with examples .. and I learnt from notepad example to handle the send().However in my case

I do not know when the dialog box comes for the application i am running.

Looking for the following help to convert below psuedocode.. will some expert help me please.

Cheers

2. Once i downloaded the tool, i find my tool menu options different to what i saw with another colleague .." several commands like "AltRecord" ALT+F6 etc are missing .. please can you tell me how to view them .. is solved..

solution: Start - > AutoIt v3->SciTE->Switch-Definitions . that makes Autolt to convert to Beta version. Solved.. thank you ..

still looking for other answers

1. I do not know how to get the code for Aut2exe to recompile ..

AutoIt is not open sourced. You can't get the code for Aut2Exe, nor recompile it yourself.

2. Once i downloaded the tool, i find my tool menu options different to what i saw with another colleague .." several commands like "AltRecord" ALT+F6 etc are missing .. please can you tell me how to view them ..

The options and menus in SciTE change based on what type of file you are working on. Some AutoIt-specific options will not be present unless you have a file with an .au3 extension open.

is solved.. solution: Start - > AutoIt v3->SciTE->Switch-Definitions . that makes Autolt to convert to Beta version. Solved.. thank you ..

That does not make sense. You should not be using a Beta version of AutoIt right now. The current version of AutoIt is 3.3.6.1 Production. The next beta will be 3.3.7.0 (when it's released), and you shouldn't be using any beta until then.

:)

Edit: Typo.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hi PsaltyDS,

Thank you for response.

1. First i have this .. as you have also suggested. Download the full version of SciTE4AutoIt3.

2. Start - > AutoIt v3->SciTE->Switch-Definitions . that makes Autolt to convert to Beta version. Solved.. thank you ..

The second step and subsequent action from AutoIt switching to Beta version 3.3.5.6 is attached. Once i have done this, i could view all the options.

I tried some options, seem to work and i am slowly progressing. Still a lot to know to finish my simple task

Regards and Thanks

switch_definitions.bmp