FTP.au3

w0uter

You are probably using VERY old AutoIt.

Download and instal latest one.

okay,thanks for ur help,this prob is fixed now :)(i downloaded the latest version of a3)

but i've got another 1..:

Error:

Line 27(File "C/.../FTP/FTP_Progress.au3")

If @error Then Failed("Connect")

If @error Then ^ ERROR

Error: Unknown function name.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, everbody

I was trying this ftp code in a another Computer without Autoit installed, but the script doesn't do it.

I was geting a error: -1??

But on my computer it does do it, but another computers don't do it! :S

can anybody help me, pleasee?

(my english is not so pretty good, i hope you get it)

Hello, everbody

I was trying this ftp code in a another Computer without Autoit installed, but the script doesn't do it.

What ftp code were you trying?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

This is my full code, it works on my computer but not works on computers witchout Autoit3 installed!

Func _FTPOpen($s_Agent, $l_AccessType = 1, $s_ProxyName = '', $s_ProxyBypass = '', $l_Flags = 0)

Local $ai_InternetOpen = DllCall('wininet.dll', 'long', 'InternetOpen', 'str', $s_Agent, 'long', $l_AccessType, 'str', $s_ProxyName, 'str', $s_ProxyBypass, 'long', $l_Flags)
    If @error OR $ai_InternetOpen[0] = 0 Then
        SetError(-1)
        Return 0
    EndIf

Return $ai_InternetOpen[0]

EndFunc;==> _FTPOpen()
Func _FTPConnect($l_InternetSession, $s_ServerName, $s_Username, $s_Password, $i_ServerPort = 0, $l_Service = 1, $l_Flags = 0, $l_Context = 0)

Local $ai_InternetConnect = DllCall('wininet.dll', 'long', 'InternetConnect', 'long', $l_InternetSession, 'str', $s_ServerName, 'int', $i_ServerPort, 'str', $s_Username, 'str', $s_Password, 'long', $l_Service, 'long', $l_Flags, 'long', $l_Context)
    If @error OR $ai_InternetConnect[0] = 0 Then
        SetError(-1)
        Return 0
    EndIf

Return $ai_InternetConnect[0]

EndFunc;==> _FTPConnect()
Func _FTPPutFile($l_FTPSession, $s_LocalFile, $s_RemoteFile, $l_Flags = 0, $l_Context = 0)

Local $ai_FTPPutFile = DllCall('wininet.dll', 'int', 'FtpPutFile', 'long', $l_FTPSession, 'str', $s_LocalFile, 'str', $s_RemoteFile, 'long', $l_Flags, 'long', $l_Context)
    If @error OR $ai_FTPPutFile[0] = 0 Then
        SetError(-1)
        Return 0
    EndIf

Return $ai_FTPPutFile[0]

EndFunc;==> _FTPPutFile()
Func _FTPDelFile($l_FTPSession, $s_RemoteFile)

Local $ai_FTPPutFile = DllCall('wininet.dll', 'int', 'FtpDeleteFile', 'long', $l_FTPSession, 'str', $s_RemoteFile)
    If @error OR $ai_FTPPutFile[0] = 0 Then
        SetError(-1)
        Return 0
    EndIf

Return $ai_FTPPutFile[0]

EndFunc;==> _FTPDelFile()
Func _FTPRenameFile($l_FTPSession, $s_Existing, $s_New)

Local $ai_FTPRenameFile = DllCall('wininet.dll', 'int', 'FtpRenameFile', 'long', $l_FTPSession, 'str', $s_Existing, 'str', $s_New)
    If @error OR $ai_FTPRenameFile[0] = 0 Then
        SetError(-1)
        Return 0
    EndIf

Return $ai_FTPRenameFile[0]

EndFunc;==> _FTPRenameFile()
Func _FTPMakeDir($l_FTPSession, $s_Remote)

Local $ai_FTPMakeDir = DllCall('wininet.dll', 'int', 'FtpCreateDirectory', 'long', $l_FTPSession, 'str', $s_Remote)
    If @error OR $ai_FTPMakeDir[0] = 0 Then
        SetError(-1)
        Return 0
    EndIf

Return $ai_FTPMakeDir[0]

EndFunc;==> _FTPMakeDir()
Func _FTPDelDir($l_FTPSession, $s_Remote)

Local $ai_FTPDelDir = DllCall('wininet.dll', 'int', 'FtpRemoveDirectory', 'long', $l_FTPSession, 'str', $s_Remote)
    If @error OR $ai_FTPDelDir[0] = 0 Then
        SetError(-1)
        Return 0
    EndIf

Return $ai_FTPDelDir[0]

EndFunc;==> _FTPDelDir()
Func _FTPClose($l_InternetSession)

Local $ai_InternetCloseHandle = DllCall('wininet.dll', 'int', 'InternetCloseHandle', 'long', $l_InternetSession)
    If @error OR $ai_InternetCloseHandle[0] = 0 Then
        SetError(-1)
        Return 0
    EndIf

Return $ai_InternetCloseHandle[0]

EndFunc;==> _FTPClose()

$server = 'ftp.****.com'
$username = '***'
$pass = '****'

$Open = _FTPOpen('MyFTP Control')
$Conn = _FTPConnect($Open, $server, $username, $pass)
$Ftpp = _FtpPutFile($Conn, 'blablabla.bla(The file i want to upload)')
If @error Then
msgbox(0, "Error", @error)
endif
$Ftpc = _FTPClose($Open)

on my computer i get no error,

but computers wit not installed autoit3 get error -1 ?? why is that?

It can not connect i think so :S

on my computer i get no error,

but computers wit not installed autoit3 get error -1 ?? why is that?

It can not connect i think so :S

$server = 'ftp.****.com'
$username = '***'
$pass = '****'

$dllhandle = DllOpen('wininet.dll')
If @error Then
endif
$Ftpc = _FTPClose($Open)
DllClose($dllhandle)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, everbody

Hello Peter,

I am not sure if it is a language problem, but you say "ANOTHER COMPUTER WITHOUT AUTOIT INSTALLED" several times. You have to install AutoIt on every computer that you want to run the script in UNLESS you convert it to .exe and distribute it that way...

Hope this helps

:)

• 4 weeks later...

I have recently tried to use FTP.au3 in a application test to see if it works and I reviewed this whole topic and tried everything. Nothing worked. The only real progress I made (I wouldn't even call it progress <_< ) is downloading wininet.dll to the scripts dir and using DllOpen(@ScriptDir & "\wininet.dll"). It seems like it works but then I bring up Task Manager and it says the program is "Not Responding".

Anyone try anything else?

[acronym="I pee FREELY!"][spoiler]Hello.[/spoiler][/acronym]

Hello Peter,

I am not sure if it is a language problem, but you say "ANOTHER COMPUTER WITHOUT AUTOIT INSTALLED" several times. You have to install AutoIt on every computer that you want to run the script in UNLESS you convert it to .exe and distribute it that way...

Hope this helps

You can run the script using "AutoIt3.exe myscript.au3" or even "MyScript.exe newscript.au3"

I have recently tried to use FTP.au3 in a application test to see if it works and I reviewed this whole topic and tried everything. Nothing worked. The only real progress I made (I wouldn't even call it progress <_< ) is downloading wininet.dll to the scripts dir and using DllOpen(@ScriptDir & "\wininet.dll"). It seems like it works but then I bring up Task Manager and it says the program is "Not Responding".

Anyone try anything else?

What problems are you having, other than it not working? Do you have any code for us to look at? It should work. What are you connecting to? We need more infomation.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by Bert

You can run the script using "AutoIt3.exe myscript.au3" or even "MyScript.exe newscript.au3"

What problems are you having, other than it not working? Do you have any code for us to look at? It should work. What are you connecting to? We need more infomation.

I have the same problem with function _FtpGetFile and _FTPPutFile which allways return 0, and i don't find anythng. I read all the post and not neither speaks about that's problem.

If someone can help me .

Thanks

Edited by LOULOU

• Administrators

The code Zedna posted works. You have to manually call DllOpen before using the functions.

$server = 'ftp.****.com'
$username = '***'
$pass = '****'
If @error Then
endif
$Ftpc = _FTPClose($Open)
DllClose($dllhandle)

The code Zedna posted works. You have to manually call DllOpen before using the functions.

$server = 'ftp.****.com'
$username = '***'
$pass = '****'
If @error Then
endif
$Ftpc = _FTPClose($Open)
DllClose($dllhandle)
HI Jon,

Thanks for your answer

I have a real problem because these piece of code doesn't works on my computer

I works with Windows XP pack SP2 French , Autoit last beta 3.9.4.5 and every function of ftp.au3 works except _FTPPUTFiles and _FTPGETFiles

Is there a way to debug the connection and seeing what's happen $open return a good handle and $conn also the problem comes from _FtpPutFile

I use dllcall before and dllcolse after

Here is the code i use

#include 'FTP.au3'

$server = 'XX.XXX.XXX'

$username = 'XXXXX'

$pass = 'XXXXX'

_FtpSetCurrentDir($conn, "/images_exemple/")

$old="fond.gif"

$new = @ScriptDir &"\fond.gi2"

$Ftpp = _FtpPutFile($Conn,$new,$old)

If @error Then

endif

$Ftpc = _FTPClose($Open)

DllClose($dllhandle)

Edited by LOULOU

ftp.au3 function nt working properly so I think this better way to use ftp .bat file

echo off

> script.ftp ECHO USER john

>>script.ftp ECHO *******

>>script.ftp ECHO cd /myfiles

>>script.ftp ECHO pwd

>>script.ftp ECHO ascii

>>script.ftp ECHO put c:\myfile.html

>>script.ftp ECHO disconnect

>>script.ftp ECHO bye

ftp -n -s:script.ftp ftp.tripod.com

TYPE NUL >script.ftp

DEL script.ftp

Regards

Sim

I use freehostia as my host but that doesn't matter.

I couldn't find the .dll that SmartFTP, the ftp app i use, uses but if anyone has a ftp program that allows you to access and add/delete files then browse that programs directory for any .dlls and use DLLExp to view the functions in the dll file for any ftp functions. I think the problem lies in Wininet.dll and that some OS's won't work with it. I didn't have wininet.dll on my comp and I use win xp.

It has to be a OS issue. I tried to run a basic test of the ftp program using all the examples that have been shown and I could not get it to work. No need to ask for code because, as I have stated, I used the exact examples as shown on this forum topic. I downloaded and put the wininet.dll in my test apps folder and put in the code before the FTPOpen,

DllOpen(@ScriptDir & "\wininet.dll")
and it didn't work. Edited by Squizzle

[acronym="I pee FREELY!"][spoiler]Hello.[/spoiler][/acronym]

I was having similar problems, check your firewall settings. In my case _FTPOpen will return a session handle but _FTPConnect returns 0 and of course so will subsequent funcs.

My firewall was preventing the ftp connection, enable ftp firewall access to the program and it works.

Hi,

I have some problems with that ftp.au3 functions, using Windows Vista:

#include "ftp.au3"
#RequireAdmin
$server = '...'
$username = '...'
$pass = '...'
        MsgBox(0,"",$Conn)
$Ftpp = _FtpPutFile($Conn, 'C:\Users\Markus\Desktop\bla.pdf', '/bla.pdf')
        If @error Then
            MsgBox(0,"Error",@error)
        EndIf
$Ftpc = _FTPClose($Open)
DllClose($dllhandle)

I get a number for $Conn - something like 13369354 - but an ErrorMessage for FtpPutFile. My user data is working. With usual Ftp-Software I can connect to my server.

"It's easier to disintegrate an atom than a prejudice." (A.Einstein)---------------------------------------------------------------------------My C++ - tools:Tidy tool-->indents your c++ sourceCleanscript --> cleans autoit-code before compiling (co-author: peethebee)My tools:GUIBuilder-->build your window and get the source; german versionMy Games:OnlineGameCenter-->Online Chess and Connect4 with a rtf-chatSnake-->including a level editor to build your own levelsTetris-->the well known game, big funOther things:Tower of Hanoi-->perfect riddler with graphic output

Okay - I found the mistake. I forgot '/htdocs/' in front of the destination path.

"It's easier to disintegrate an atom than a prejudice." (A.Einstein)---------------------------------------------------------------------------My C++ - tools:Tidy tool-->indents your c++ sourceCleanscript --> cleans autoit-code before compiling (co-author: peethebee)My tools:GUIBuilder-->build your window and get the source; german versionMy Games:OnlineGameCenter-->Online Chess and Connect4 with a rtf-chatSnake-->including a level editor to build your own levelsTetris-->the well known game, big funOther things:Tower of Hanoi-->perfect riddler with graphic output

• 3 weeks later...

I get this error when i do the syntax check..

>C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\au3check.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\prog.au3"
AutoIt3 Syntax Checker v1.54.8  Copyright (c) Tylo 2007

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ftp.au3(15,176) : ERROR: $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_ARCHIVE previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_ARCHIVE  = 0x00000020;The file or directory is an archive file or directory. Applications use this attribute to mark files for backup or removal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ftp.au3(16,265) : ERROR: $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_COMPRESSED previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_COMPRESSED = 0x00000800;The file or directory is compressed. For a file, this means that all of the data in the file is compressed.For a directory, this means that compression is the default for newly created files and subdirectories.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ftp.au3(17,89) : ERROR: $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY = 0x00000010;The handle identifies a directory. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ftp.au3(18,254) : ERROR: $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_ENCRYPTED previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_ENCRYPTED = 0x00004000;The file or directory is encrypted.For a file, this means that all data in the file is encrypted. For a directory, this means that encryption is the default for newly created files and subdirectories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ftp.au3(19,136) : ERROR: $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_HIDDEN previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_HIDDEN = 0x00000002;The file or directory is hidden. It is not included in an ordinary directory listing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ftp.au3(20,154) : ERROR: $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL = 0x00000080;The file or directory does not have other attributes set. This attribute is valid only when used alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ftp.au3(21,179) : ERROR: $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_OFFLINE previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_OFFLINE = 0x00001000;The file data is not available immediately. This attribute indicates that the file data is physically moved to offline storage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ftp.au3(23,216) : ERROR: $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_READONLY previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_READONLY = 0x00000001;The file or directory is read-only. For a file, applications can read the file, but cannot write to it or delete it.For a directory, applications cannot delete it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ftp.au3(24,113) : ERROR: $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_REPARSE_POINT previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_REPARSE_POINT = 0x00000400;The file or directory has an associated reparse point. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ftp.au3(25,84) : ERROR: $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_SPARSE_FILE previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_SPARSE_FILE  = 0x00000200;The file is a sparse file. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ftp.au3(26,170) : ERROR: $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_SYSTEM previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_SYSTEM = 0x00000004;The file or directory is part of the operating system, or the operating system uses the file or directory exclusively. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ftp.au3(27,220) : ERROR: $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_TEMPORARY previously declared as a 'Const'
Global Const $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_TEMPORARY = 0x00000100; The file is being used for temporary storage. File systems attempt to keep all of the data in memory for quick access, rather than flushing it back to mass storage. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\prog.au3 - 12 error(s), 0 warning(s)
>Exit code: 2   Time: 0.522

I didn't use to until i updated my Autoit..

Edited by houseonfire

• Developers

Which version of FTP.au3 are you using ? I don't have these errors on mine .

Which other includes are you using ?

Just comment out these lines mentioned by Au3check and try again .... :)

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.