Step by Step with Silent Install

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am new to AutoIt so please bare with me :)

I have created a script that does the following:

- installs software

- copy supporting files to the desktop

- show a message box once everything is complete

This is the code that I currently have:

ShellExecuteWait("\\SERVER PATH\SOFTWARE PATH\APPLICATION.msi")

$FileName = "\\SERVER PATH\SOFTWARE PATH\DOCUMENTATION\SUPPORTING_DOCUMENT_01.pdf"
$LinkFileName = @DesktopDir & "\SUPPORTING_DOCUMENT_01.lnk"
$WorkingDirectory = @DesktopDir
$Description = "DESCRIPTION"
$State = @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED

FileCreateShortcut($FileName,$LinkFileName,$WorkingDirectory,"",$Description,"",$State)

$FileName = "\\SERVER PATH\SOFTWARE PATH\DOCUMENTATION\SUPPORTING_DOCUMENT_02.pdf"
$LinkFileName = @DesktopDir & "\SUPPORTING_DOCUMENT_02.lnk"
$WorkingDirectory = @DesktopDir
$Description = "DESCRIPTION"
$State = @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED

FileCreateShortcut($FileName,$LinkFileName,$WorkingDirectory,"",$Description,"",$State)

IniWrite(@DesktopDir & '\DESCRIPTION.url', 'InternetShortcut', 'URL', 'http://some-website.com')

MsgBox(0, "Installation Complete", "The installation has completed successfully.")

What I would like to do is:

- install the software in silent mode

- as the software is running in silent mode, code in options such as create a desktop shortcut, only I can access this software etc automatically so the user is not prompted

- section the code so it will run through stages i.e. install the software; once completed, add the document shortcuts; once completed, show the message box; Currently, it does it all together which I guess is no big problem, just me being picky.

Is what I am asking for possible?

Regards,

Daniel E. Penning

Yes, I'm sure it all possible, but the first question you should ask yourself, is "Does the software I'm installing have a /silent switch".

If not you will be having to mass about with hiding gui and control commands and suchlike.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Good Morning JohnOne,

Thank you for your reply and apologies for my delayed one.

I have made slight progress regarding my script and I will show it to everyone very shortly.

I now have it so it uses the SplashTextOn() command whilst the software is installing.

What I would like to do is the following:

- rather than use SplashTextOn, I would like to display a custom form as a 'splash' screen which times out in 5 to 10 seconds

- after the splash screen has gone, a new form with a progress bar shows

- I would like to link the progress bar up to the installation process so it shows close to an accurate result, as to how far the installation has gone

Although it would be very appreicated, I am not expecting someone to type out the code I would need, rather for someone to point me in the right direction to achive the three items listed above.

Regards,

Daniel E. Penning