Monitoring events app

fikri

Hello, I'm new on this forum and I try to make some script to monitor events on the

application which is compiled in Delphi (no activex).

I'm trying to make that script activate something before application (user click), which I monitoring events, do import function and activate new window. Is it possible?

Thank you

Anything? Is it possible to monitoring application's form with title which is need for me? Example: "Importing.."?

I founded example script on this forum but how can I activate my app when form with this title appear...?

I was try with functio IF but it is not secure, because my application sometimes activated when form without this title appear..

Why that?

If I understand, you have a Delphi app that you want to monitor before a user click on a button or field so before that happens you can run your custom program? Is the action that you are trying to intercept a click on a button? If yes, have you run AU# Window Info Tool on the button yet? Does the Control tab give you information about the button. What happens when the button is clicked? Will another window open, or the form change with a specific Window Title?

I am thinking that if nothing else works, you can disable or hide the main application window after the button click (if you can detect the button click from the Window Title change or the appearance of another Window). Then you can run your custom program. When it finishes, you can enable or restore your main application window.

Let me know if I understand your question properly.

Hello, I'm new on this forum and I try to make some script to monitor events on the

application which is compiled in Delphi (no activex).

I'm trying to make that script activate something before application (user click), which I monitoring events, do import function and activate new window. Is it possible?

Thank you

Are you able to modify the Delphi app?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Sorry for my bad English and thank You for your reply.

Varian, You are understand what I mean, but only problem is that I cannot always successfully detect button click or new window with specific tittle?! Do you have same examples about that?

Marian, I cannot modify compiled delphi file, except in hex mode, which is very hard. I think that only way is this which I'm trying to do.

Edited by fikri

Sorry for my bad English and thank You for your reply.

Varian, You are understand what I mean, but only problem is that I cannot always successfully detect button click or new window with specific tittle?! Do you have same examples about that?

Marian, I cannot modify compiled delphi file, except in hex mode, which is very hard. I think that only way is this which I'm trying to do.

No problem...please answer these questions...I am calling your Script "YourCustomScript.exe"

1. Are you trying to run "YourCustomScript.exe" before the Button press?

2. When the button is pressed, does another window ALWAYS open? Does this window always have the same title? Are there words or phrases in the title that are always the same?

3. When the button is pressed, does the main Delphi window ALWAYS change title? If so, does the title give the same name, or at least part of it is always the same?

4. Have you run the AutoIT Window Info Tool on these windows and this button? If so, you will need to provide the summary page for:

the Delphi Window before the button is clicked

the Delphi Window after the button is clicked

the window that pops up after the button is clicked

the button itself, with the AutoIT Window Info Tool focused on it

1. yes, I'm trying to run "YourCustomScript.exe" after or before button click or before new window appear.

2. window are always open

3. Main window change name to new which is always same

4. new window title is always same "Importing in progress..."

I cannot pickup button with AutoiT Finder Tool because it is activate on menu after right mouse click.

Edited by fikri

When you click the Button and the new window (with the title "Importing in progress...") appears:

Would hiding this new window, running "YourCustomScript.exe" and waiting for it to close, the restoring the new window, would that work for you?

Does the button return any control information from the AutoIT Window Information Tool or is it blank? If there is information, please post that information.

What button is being pressed to initiate the Import? Is it on the toolbar? Is the entire toolbar one control or is there a separate button that triggers the Import?

Here is an example of what I am thinking. The second script creates a delphi executable that I found on the web. It's pretty long, so I had to attach it. Place the attached script in the same folder at script below and run Main.au3

Main.au3

Opt('ExpandEnvStrings', 1)
Opt('TrayAutoPause', 0)
Opt('TrayIconDebug', 1)
Opt('TrayOnEventMode', 1)
Opt('WinTitleMatchMode', 4)
Opt('WinWaitDelay', 100)
Opt('MouseCoordMode', 2)

#include 'DataFiler-Booty.au3'
#include <Misc.au3>
_Singleton(@ScriptName, 0)

OnAutoitExitRegister('_Quit')

If Not FileExists(@TempDir & '\Booty.exe') Then _WriteBootyToDir(@TempDir)
Run(@TempDir & '\Booty.exe')
WinWait('Booty Help')
$Hwnd = WinGetHandle('Booty Help')
$Control = '[CLASS:TButton; INSTANCE:1]'

MsgBox(262208, 'Now That The Window Is Here', 'The Button Will Be Disabled, But Still Click On It', 10)
WinActivate($Hwnd)
ControlDisable($Hwnd, '', $Control)

WinActivate($Hwnd)

While 1
    Sleep(10)
    If WinActive($Hwnd) And _IsPressed(01) Then
        $Controlpos = ControlGetPos($Hwnd, '', $Control)
        $Mousepos = MouseGetPos()
        If $Mousepos[0] >= $Controlpos[0] And $Mousepos[0] <= $Controlpos[0] + $Controlpos[2] Then
            If $Mousepos[1] >= $Controlpos[1] And $Mousepos[1] <= $Controlpos[1] + $Controlpos[3] Then
                $String = 'We Have Intercepted The Button, And Can Run Anything We Want'
                $String &= @LF & 'Before Eventually Sending The Click To The Button'
                $String &=  @LF &  @LF & 'Press Ok To Proceed'
                MsgBox(262208, 'Success', $String)
                Sleep(500)
                ControlEnable($hwnd, '', $Control)
                ControlClick($hwnd, '', $Control)
                _Quit()
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd

Func _Quit()
    ControlEnable($Hwnd, '', $Control)
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_Quit

DataFiler-Booty.au3

Varian, thank you very much for this. Your idea is great.

Only I must applied it on my application.

Here is concept:

I have main form wit the title "Orders".

On the main form is more toolbar with command. One of the command is "Import" (I can see class only for whole toolbar).

Instance name and class is same for whole toolbar.

The second way is run "Import" shortcut CTRL+I.

Another way (which I'm using) is Mouse Right Click -> Import

First is running form "Import in Progress..." which became disabled and then is activated form "Open" for selecting file for import. Form "Import in Progress..." is behind form "Open" and when form "Open" is closed then form "Importing.." is show and then import started.

My idea is when form "Import in Progress..." show that I disable executing delphi code or hide app, activate my app, and after executing app, activate delphi code or show it's form for selecting file.

On the picture You can see some data.

Thank you

post-62692-0-39915800-1296587017_thumb.j

post-62692-0-43616200-1296587018_thumb.j

post-62692-0-36911000-1296587019_thumb.j

post-62692-0-24342500-1296587020_thumb.j