How to navigate a web page without downloading the pictures?

teet

_IEBodyReadText

Thanks Bruce for your input! _IEBodyReadText will extract all text content from an IE object which will have to be initialized by _IECreate or _IENavigate first. This is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a way to skip picture downloading so that my page crawling speed may get faster.

Oh, I see. Good luck though!<br><br>edit: in Firefox, one goes to Tools|Options|Content, and there is an option to 'Load images automatically'. I'm sure there is a similar thing for Internet Explorer, and therefor also for an AutoIt created IE window if it can be set thru a registry entry or something.<br>

Edited by somdcomputerguy

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

IE8 here, Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab - Multimedia - Show Images checkbox.

As somecomputerguy mentionned; there must be a registry key related to that option... I believe you could twitch it for a current session or something !

Can't find it so fast tho ..

edit : found this reg key, dont know yet what do do :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\MULTIMEDIA\PICTS

edit 2 : ahh, no more battery on laptop so good nite!!

hench

Edited by hench

If your only after the text on the page you could use

InetRead 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads a file from the internet using the HTTP, HTTPS or FTP protocol.

and read though the HTML to get what you want.

I've used that approach on another project and it works well.

It all depends on what you are doing.

Good Luck!

John Morrison

Thanks guys!! Changing browser setting or modifying registry entries are not acceptable for me since it will impact my other applications' behaviours. So John's suggestion looks good for me. I'll have a try. Thanks again!