Install legacy driver in Win7

Myicq

I have customers that need to install legacy hardware on a Win7 machine. Driver works but is not PnP. Current installation process involves several steps as described here and here. This is confusing for most people.

I have not seen anywhere that the "legacy hardware wizard" could be scripted... from opening hardware management to the part with "I have disc.."

Anyone know of a DLL call or similar that can install a non-pnp driver ? I have the correct INF file.

Thank you for any hints.

I am just a hobby programmer, and nothing great to publish right now.

If you can do it without the mouse then you can easily script this. It can be done with a mouse but it's more difficult. Do you have a script started? Are you stuck or are you just wondering if it's possible?

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

@computergroove: Yes, I know that :) But often the clients will have different localizations on the machine, which can cause problems. It is difficult to test for strings etc when they may be translated. And using sendkeys is dangerous when it's not sure what is active at the moment.

And yes, just wondering if possibl. Should not be difficult at all.

@Varian: THANK YOU, this was just what I needed. ! THUMBS UP to you.

I am just a hobby programmer, and nothing great to publish right now.