running Autoit script from CD (error) vs. Hard Disk (runs fine)

I wrote a script that I compiled and I'm testing it on several operating systems. It is designed to run always from a CD. It seemed to be working fine everywhere but then I found a batch of systems running XP Pro x86 that produce an error on the same line number. I can trap that error and stop the script from running but I'm almost certain there isn't a problem with the code and it should run. I found out that if I copy the executeable on these systems from the CD to the hard disk and run them the script always runs. I have found several other XP Pro x86 systems that it works fine from the CD though.

I have read several times on the internet where sometimes you cannot install a software application from CD (talking in general here and not talking about autoit) and one solution to try is often to copy the program from the CD to the hard disk. Any ideas why that works? Is it Anti-virus?, CD-ROM drivers?

I can not answer your question directly however if I were running into this I would make the script copy the data to the hard drive and install and then maybe erase the install files when done.

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

You say it works on some XP Pro x86 but not on others? Are the ones that it does not work on in a network with administrative rights or policies changed? What is special / unique about the batch that do not work?

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html