Compiled script - can someone help

What am I doing wrong. Its been a long time since i've compiled a script, but I'm certain my compiled scripts behaved like my non-compiled ones in the past. What am I doing wrong? Things like @scriptlinenumber report -1 instead of correct value. And all my Run() calls don't work. I'm sure its a simple setting I'm forgetting.

- Steven

Yesh, I just saw that.

It really should be useful for compiled scripts though. I've seen someones (lame) answer on here saying scripts should be thoroughly tested before compiling, blah blah... but I did thoroughly test and it worked fine as a script. Compiled and it didn't work at all. In my script I meticulously setup error handling exactly for this reason so I could pinpoint where the problem was.

Anyway, I figured it out. It just kinda sucked that I put in all that effort to include debugging and when the bug involved the compiled script, it was entirely useless.

Well I've never heard of it giving -1 as a scriptline number, a compiled script gives me the scriptline number.

2 points

1 a post suggesting scripts should be tested is not a lame one

2 Maybe you should have read the helpfile before you implimented your "meticulously setup error handling"

Its a no-brainer really.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Well I've never heard of it giving -1 as a scriptline number, a compiled script gives me the scriptline number.

2 points

1 a post suggesting scripts should be tested is not a lame one

2 Maybe you should have read the helpfile before you implimented your "meticulously setup error handling"

Its a no-brainer really.

Obviously your 2nd point flies in the face of your your first statement. Nice superiority complex, btw.

Obviously your 2nd point flies in the face of your your first statement. Nice superiority complex, btw.

Yes. yes it does, I was thinking of the errors and there line numbers.

Both points still stand though, and there is no complex, you're projecting.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.