change (replace) print tcp ip port

usera

Greeting,

I have an environment, users installed tcp/ip port printers in their workstation, printing are working. right now the printer's IP Address changed from

172.1.1.0 network to 10.10.10.0 network.

How can I change the settings in the user's workstation? (again, the only change is the TCP/IP Port. printer driver did not change). To change the port form 172.1.1.x to 10.10.10.x and keep all the existing settings, then delete the 172.1.1.x port as well.

Thanks

usera

What OS are the client machines running. If Vista/Windows 7 you can use built-in prncnfg.vbs to change the ports

If XP look

EDIT: Windows 7/Vista Example:

$Server = '\\YourServer'
$IP = 'YourIPToAdd'
$PrinterName = 'ActualPrinterNameFromDevicesAndPrinters'

$AddPortCommand = @Comspec & ' /c cscript "' & @WindowsDir & '\System32\Printing_Admin_Scripts\en-US\prnport.vbs" -a -s ' & $Server & ' -r IP' & Chr(95) & $IP & ' -h ' & $IP
;Add New Printer Port (if needed)
RunWait($AddPortCommand)

$ChangePortCommand = @Comspec & ' /c cscript "' & @WindowsDir & '\System32\Printing_Admin_Scripts\en-US\prncnfg.vbs" -t -p "' & $PrinterName & '" -r IP' & Chr(95) & $IP
;Assign new Port to printer
RunWait($ChangePortCommand)

ClipPut($AddPortCommand & @LF & $ChangePortCommand) ;just so you can see what commands were sent
Edited by Varian

What OS are the client machines running. If Vista/Windows 7 you can use built-in prncnfg.vbs to change the ports

If XP look

EDIT: Windows 7/Vista Example:

$Server = '\\YourServer'
$IP = 'YourIPToAdd'
$PrinterName = 'ActualPrinterNameFromDevicesAndPrinters'

$AddPortCommand = @Comspec & ' /c cscript "' & @WindowsDir & '\System32\Printing_Admin_Scripts\en-US\prnport.vbs" -a -s ' & $Server & ' -r IP' & Chr(95) & $IP & ' -h ' & $IP
;Add New Printer Port (if needed)
RunWait($AddPortCommand)

$ChangePortCommand = @Comspec & ' /c cscript "' & @WindowsDir & '\System32\Printing_Admin_Scripts\en-US\prncnfg.vbs" -t -p "' & $PrinterName & '" -r IP' & Chr(95) & $IP
;Assign new Port to printer
RunWait($ChangePortCommand)

ClipPut($AddPortCommand & @LF & $ChangePortCommand) ;just so you can see what commands were sent

Varian,

Thank you very very much.

I think the issue is. I only have 2 pieces of information, old IP for the printer and the new IP, If I found the old IP then change it to the New IP.

The whole processes like add a new TCP/IP Port then link to the existing printer drive. then delete the older Port.

Usera