FileRecycleEmpty On Windows NT 4.0?

Group,

Maybe I missed something in the help file, but I cannot get the FileRecycleEmpty function to work on a Windows NT 4.0 workstation with Internet Explorer 5.5 installed. I have tried specifying the drive directly and leaving the drive designation out completely. The same commands work on Windows XP without issue. Am I missing something here?? Is there a work around for this?

Thanks,

ZK

Group,

Maybe I missed something in the help file, but I cannot get the FileRecycleEmpty function to work on a Windows NT 4.0 workstation with Internet Explorer 5.5 installed. I have tried specifying the drive directly and leaving the drive designation out completely. The same commands work on Windows XP without issue. Am I missing something here?? Is there a work around for this?

Thanks,

ZK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First off if you could please post the code that isnt working. In the mean time I will look into the helpfile and see if I can find any issues with FileRecycleEmpty() and Win 2k.

Edit: I have been unable to find that it would have any issues. :( Maybe one of the developers will be able to shed some more light on this situation.

Thanks,

JS

Edited by JSThePatriot

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Sorry for the oversight JS, the actual code I tried was just a simple one line code of:

FileRecycleEmpty()

or

FileRecycleEmpty("C:\")

Both of these worked as expected in Windows XP (and I assume it would in Windows 2000, though I do not have a Win2k workstation to test it on). However when I run the code on my Windows NT 4.0 workstation with IE 5.5 it does not empty the recycle bin and yet I receive no errors.

Thanks,

ZK

Ah... Win NT 4.0 I dont think has the same integration with IE as WinME + has. So for it to work I would think it would need to have an aditional feature of somesort in the C++ coding. I may be wrong in this assumption, but that is my first thoughts on it now that I realize it is an NT 4.0 system.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)