GUIListViewEx - Deprecated Version

Melba23

• Moderators

[bUGFIX VERSION] - 22 Apr 13

Changed: _GUIListViewEx_ReadToArray returned an incorrect count when reading the content of existing ListViews. Sorry about that. :>

Patched UDF and examples in the zip in the first post. :)

M23

Warning: Major script-breaking changes in the major release of 19 Apr 13 from previous versions of the UDF!!!

Please read the change list for that release in the " Previous updates" spoiler in the first post. :o

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

All your own doing I am afraid! :D

You were not correctly creating the array to pass to the UDF. Your $lvitem array actually contained the ControlIDs of the ListView items and not the contents of the items - and the [0] element of the array had no content even though in the _Init function you set $iCount to 0 and so the UDF expected something. Hence the UDF tried to edit that empty element - and of course there was nothing in there to edit! :o

Damnit, I wish I had thought of that. (I probably wouldn't have thought about the controlid one but should have thought about the zero'th item.)

Thanks again

Clark

edit: I noticed you have removed _GUIListViewEx_MsgRegister() from my code. Is this not required to be in there any longer?

Edited by Clark

• Moderators

Clark,

Is this not required to be in there any longer?

It most certainly is - or nothing in the UDF works at all! :o

My apologies for missing out that line - I must have deleted it when I was tidying up the code before posting. I have replaced it now. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

mesale0077,

I have looked into dragging items between ListViews and I have come up with something. Add this function to the UDF:

<code removed>

and then run this script to see it in action:

<code removed>

As you can see, you need to tell the UDF whether to drag internally or externally - I am still working on getting that to be automatic but it is proving a bit tricky. How would you fell about having to hold down the Ctrl key to permit external dragging as that would simplify things enormously. ;)

Of course, comments from any other interested readers also welcome. :)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Code removed

Spoiler

• Moderators

Hi all,

Huge progress since the above was posted - so I have deleted the code. I would be grateful if some readers could run this current Beta version and example and let me have their comments: :)

See newer Beta below

M23

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Spoiler

It's all Perfect!

No issues with my test

I just noted that when selecting multiple rows, the Drag'n'Drop works fine in all directions but when selecting rows that are not adjacent to each other (selected with the CTRL key), you only move the first topmost selected row. Not really a big issue but that might be improved.

I found a bug when I moved all rows to the other list, leaving the left list empty, I could not drag any rows back from right to left anymore.

Same issue in the opposite direction of course

With the empty listview at one side, the script also crashes at line 2153

GuiListViewEx_Drag.au3 (2153) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:

$avArray[$iIndex] = $vInsert

^ ERROR

You have to do the unsuccessful dragdrop a number of times before the error pops up

Just one last thing, I had the natural tendency to select all rows with Ctrl-A, that doesn't work ;)

I hope this helps

Nevertheless, nice job M23

GreenCan

Edited by GreenCan

Contributions

CheckUpdate - SelfUpdating script ------- Self updating script

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

MsgBox with CountDown ------------------- MsgBox with visual countdown

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Input Period udf ------------------------------ GUI for a period input

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

Excel Chart UDF ----------------------------- Collaboration project with water 

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

TaskListAllDetailed --------------------------- List All Scheduled Tasks

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

Oracle SQL Report Generator -------------  Oracle Report generator using SQL

SQLite Report Generator -------------------  SQLite Report generator using SQL

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Animated animals ----------------------------- Fun: Moving animated objects

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

• Moderators

GreenCan,

Thank you for that report.

Multiple selected items: The behaviour you describe is by design - the UDF will only take the top consecutive block of selected items. This dates back to when I introduced dragging as I could see no logical way to reinsert a broken selection after dragging it elsewhere - so I limited what would be dragged. I am most definitely NOT changing it now! :D

Refilling an empty ListView: I think I have fixed that in the new Beta below - at least I can empty and refill the ListViews without problem when I try. ;)

All interested readers,

Here is a new Beta UDF and a some examples to play with: <snip>

I have limited the "Inter ListView" drag'n'drop to ListViews with identical column numbers, so it only works with Examples 2 & 4. But please play with the other examples as well because I have rewritten a fair amount of the core UDF code to (I hope ;)) simplify things internally. I think I have found all the bugs - and there were quite a few - but you guys always seem to find some more by doing things I had not thought of! :D

As always happy to receive any reports - with details of exactly what you did if you do manage to break it. ;)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Spoiler

M23,

I found another bug while playing with LVEx_Mod_Example_2, sorry...

GUIListViewEx_Mod.au3 (2083) : ==> Array variable subscript badly formatted.:

$avArray[$i][$j] = $avArray[$i - 1][$j]

$avArray[$i][$j] = $avArray[^ ERROR

You can replicate the error by moving all rows from Right to left first then move any row from left to right for a number of times, finally you will get the error. I didn't have the time to look deeper into the issue.

I hope I don't force you into overtime :'(

GreenCan

Contributions

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

• Moderators

GreenCan,

I hope I don't force you into overtime

Not at all. :)

But I cannot reproduce that problem - I have just moved all the items from right to left, moved them all back singly to the right and them moved them all to the left again without a problem. I hope you are not another UEZ - he often has problems with my UDFs! :P

What OS are you running - although with the new struct keyword that should not make a big difference? :huh:

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

UEZ,

I thought mentioning your name might get your attention! :D

Nice to see that some of my UDFs work for you - thanks for the report. ;)

M23

Spoiler

M23 and UEZ,

OK, nice to read but I have a laptop :P

I run W7 x64

I can replicate the issue like this with LVEx_Mod_Example_2 systematically

• Start script

• Click away active listview message

• Select Peter0 to Peter19 and move it to left just behind Tom9

• Select Peter13 and drag to right, boom, go back to 1
Grtz, GreenCan

PS. I can try it on W7 32bit but you will have to wait till Sunday.

Edited by GreenCan

Contributions

• Moderators

GreenCan,

Doing what you describe works fine for me on Vista x32. Is it a Belgian thing that you only run x32 on Sundays? :P

UEZ,

You run x64 as I recall - can you reproduce this crash doing as GreenCan explains? :huh:

M23

Edit:

Can you run this version and see from the console output which call to the function is crashing?

<snip>

It might give a clue as to what is going on. ;)

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Spoiler

Hmm, I did the steps you wrote but everything went ok - no crash when I used LVEx_Example_2.au3 with GUIListViewEx_Mod.au3 in x86 or x64 mode.

The only thing which is different is "Show Right" and "Show Left". The left ArrayDisplay() is 1 based with amount of entries in pos 0 and array right is 0 based.

System: Windows7 x64 with Aero enabled

AutoIt version: 3.3.8.1

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

I think that the change in line 1406 solved the problem

If $iGLVEx_InsertIndex < 0 Then

$iGLVEx_InsertIndex = 0

EndIf

If I comment out these 3 lines, I get the crash (now in 2093) ... case 5

@uez

surprizing...

I have the same system settings

GreenCan

Edited by GreenCan

Contributions

• Moderators

GreenCan,

I added those lines to solve another "corner of the envelope" bug I found with empty ListViews - I am delighted but not altogether surprised that it solved your problem as well! ;)

UEZ,

The difference in the two returned arrays is by design - you set the $iStart parameter in the _Init function to match the array you pass to the UDF. Then you get the same type of array (count or not) returned. If you look at the 2 cases in that script:

; Create Left ListView
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Native ListView" & @CRLF & "Multiple selection - NO COUNT - sort && editable (0 && 2)", 10, 5, 300, 35)
; [...]
; Initiate LVEx - use filling array - NO COUNT PARAMETER - default insert mark colour (black) - drag image - sort & editable (0 & 2) - only cols 0 & 2 editable
$iLV_Left_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($cListView_Left, $aLV_List_Left, 0, 0, True, 1 + 2, "0;2")
;                                                                      ^
; So we get no count in [0]

; -------------

; Create Right ListView
GUICtrlCreateLabel("UDF ListView" & @CRLF & "Single sel - COUNT ELEMENT - editable (all)", 430, 5, 300, 35)
; [...]
; Initiate LVEx - use read content as array - COUNT PARAMETER SET - red insert mark - drag image - editable - all cols editable by default
$iLV_Right_Index = _GUIListViewEx_Init($hListView_Right, $aLV_List_Right, 1, 0xFF0000, True, 2 + 4)
;                                                                         ^
; So we do get a count in [0]

All clear? :)

M23

Spoiler

Yes, absolutely clear. thanks

BTW, Sunday today, Belgian's 32bit also says OK, working fine...

It looks like all issues have been solved.

GreenCan

Contributions

• Moderators

GreenCan,

Great news! :thumbsup:

I will tidy the code to remove all the testing lines and release a new version next week. Thank you very much for all the help. :)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

[NEW VERSION] - 30 Apr 13

Added: You can now drag items bewteen ListViews as long as they have the same number of columns and neither have checkboxes. Thanks to mesale0077 for suggesting it and GreenCan for all the testing. :thumbsup:

Changed: Much of the internal UDF code has been rewritten as a result of the above.

New UDF and examples in the zip in the first post. :)

Warning: There were major script-breaking changes in the release of 19 Apr 13 from previous versions of the UDF!!!

Please read the change list for that release if you have not already done so.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I'm wondering if these latest changes caused an unexpected side effect.  More likely I am not using the _GUIListViewEx_Init function correctly, but I've looked at the examples and the udf and I can't spot the problem.  :)

Prior to the latest release _GUIListViewEx_ReturnArray would return a two dimensional array. First dimension being each row of the listviewitems and the second dimension being each column.

What I am getting now is that it is returning a one dimension array, being each row is a | delimited string of the columns of each listviewitem.

Also, I am experiencing another "issue" (again most likely me) which I will write about in another post, once I research it fully.

(Here is my "init" statement btw, in case you think that is what it is:

$iLV_List = _GUIListViewEx_Init($lvMain, $lvitem, 0, 0, False, 1 + 2, "4-7")

Thanks again for this great udf

edit: No biggy if this is how it is meant to work. I can always use stringsplit to sort it out. Was just wondering if the change was intentional is all.

edit2: By replacing where I previously used _GUIListViewEx_ReturnArray with _GUIListViewEx_ReadToArray it also fixes the "issue".  (if there is actually an issue)

Edited by Clark