File Move

Ok I have a question, all though it is probaly simple I need a little verification on it. I want to move a file and I know I can use the @DesktopDir @ScriptDir, and so on to get the direct path to the file I want to move. My question is, is there a way to set the path so if you do not know the exact location of the file it will find it and move it to my desktop. I know how to move it to the desktop I just need to know if you can set it to find the file from any location then move it. Hope I explained this clearly. Thanks in advance.

Search the help for "FileFindFirstFile" and, well, program your search to look wherever you want. Ow, and no, it's not recursive. (as far as I know)

Another method, I cannot help with, is to do a search in the Windows DOS box and capture the output. Then use regular expressions to look for the location.

My active project(s): A-maze-ing generator (generates a maze)

My archived project(s): Pong3 (Multi-pinger)

You are asking (without asking) for a way to search your entire computer for a file. This can be done with AutoIT's various functions and the UDFs on this forum. What you should really do is to create your own indexing script, sort of like Locate32. We have all the ingredients here: GUIs, SQLite, _FileListToArrayRecursive, etc.

You're so lucky to have this as a project. All I get to do here is constantly update Progress & Crystal Reports...