Rename and move GUI please

icecool

Hi

Please, someone can save me ?

I am a Mac user and i don't know nothing about line command, scripts e etc.

Can some one make a simple GUI for me ?

With automator of Mac a create a lot of app to rename a photo and place inside another folder. I created hundred of app to make the work of my office more easy and fast.

But now my boss ask me to do same thing for Windows.

I tried for 2 days find a application that do the same thing easy like Automator with no success.

I think this software here can help me but I have no idea how to use it.

Can someone create a GUI for me ? For I can make the script easy and with a click make it .exe ?

Just this. Create a script (exe) for drag and drop a picture over the script (exe) rename to a specific name and move to a specific folder. And show me a warning if that folder already have that picture name inside and don't replace .

Can some one save my job ?

Thanks a lot and forgive me my bad english

Regards

Can some one make a simple GUI for me ?

If you have created a lot of applications before then why not draw from past experience. I would suggest looking through the Help File and Forum for GUICreate(), @GUI_DragFile & FileMove() plus MsgBox() for showing an error.

And this sounds a little bit dramatic! Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

If you have created a lot of applications before then why not draw from past experience. I would suggest looking through the Help File and Forum for GUICreate(), @GUI_DragFile & FileMove() plus MsgBox() for showing an error.

Because I make this with automator for mac. To create this script I don't need to wrote any comand. I just need to choose the name of the file and the destination folder after that hit one button to create the app.

After that I just drop the picture over this little app and boom , the picture is inside the destination folder renamed.

OK, I can't think of anything similar for AutoIt. There is AU3 Recorder in SciTE4AutoIt3 but this won't do what you want. But its pretty easy to create a program with AutoIt, this will get you started >> as these forums are only support forums for users who have created code and are generally stuck.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Thanks for trying to help me but I don't understand these codes.

Can you or someone do me a favor ?

Create a example script for me ?

A script for me to make a .exe when I finish.

Distination D: folder called "Test"

I wish to when I drag and drop a .jpg picture in the script (.exe) they will move to the "Destination" folder with the name "200_001.jpg".

A silent script and show me a message if I try to replace a picture with this name.

Whis this script I can make others just replacing the destination folder and the name.

Then I will make a .exe app for each script.

Can someone do this for me ? Please

Thanks a lot

Regards

Edited by icecool

Wow how rude, I gave you advice but you didn't appear to try the example I gave you!

So ... I took the Example found in GUICtrlCreateInput() and modified it for you. Please study the Example to get an idea. This is very basic and please READ the sections with ; <<<<<

Hope your boss will be happy and you keep your job.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPIEx.au3> ; <<<<< Download >> http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/98712-winapiex-udf/page__view__findpost__p__709878

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $Destination = "C:\Test\" ; <<<<< Change the Destination.
    Local $Label, $File
    GUICreate("Keep My Job Drop", 155, 155, -1, -1, -1, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES)
    $Label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Drop Image", 2, 2, 150, 150, $SS_CENTER)
    GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED)
    GUISetState()

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case -3
                ExitLoop

Case $GUI_EVENT_DROPPED
                $File = StringRegExpReplace(@GUI_DragFile, "^.*\\", "")
                $File = _WinAPI_PathYetAnotherMakeUniqueName($Destination & $File)
                FileMove(@GUI_DragFile, $File, 8)
                GUICtrlSetData($Label, "Dropped - " & $File)
        EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>_Main
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I am not rude my friend.

I just din't understand. I work with photos , not program language :)

Even now looking your example I din't undertand. I will just find and replace the folder name and the file name.

But thanks a lot for help me

Regards

I am not rude my friend.

It's considered a little rude to expect someone to create a script without putting effort into the creation first. Imagine if you will that I posted on a Photoshop support website and said "I need to create a simple logo for for my job, company name AutoIt (for example) I have Photoshop but I just need an example as my normal job is creating programs, not images."

It's kind of a similar situation. I am sure someone would tell me to go and read the Photoshop Manual first and then come back.

Even now looking your example I din't undertand. I will just find and replace the folder name and the file name.

This is why its best to have a ponder at the Help File :) Best way is click on the Function links above.

Most will tell you it takes a while to understand AutoIt and the misconception is that its easy as 123, it's not!

UDF List:

It's considered a little rude to expect someone to create a script without putting effort into the creation first. Imagine if you will that I posted on a Photoshop support website and said "I need to create a simple logo for for my job, company name AutoIt (for example) I have Photoshop but I just need an example as my normal job is creating programs, not images."

It's kind of a similar situation. I am sure someone would tell me to go and read the Photoshop Manual first and then come back.

Maybe.

But I am a photoshop user and if you ask me to create a "Action" for you to you automatize your work with some kind of effects will be a pleasure to make one for you. If you don't know how to create.

I don't will tell you to read 500 pages of a manual to create something if a can do this for you in two minutes.

I am not lazy , I just don't understand language programming and I will need to read books and more books for then create this action .

With the right script working I will need to create about 5.000 exe with other location and other names.

If you could please create this for me I be very grateful.

I tried to create a .exe file and give me a error.

Where I place the new file name ?

And i need to remove the window that pops up. I need something like I did in Automator for Mac.

I just drop the photo over the icon app and its is done.The photo is already moved and renamed . Don't open any window, don't ask me nothing.

Please guinness, do this for me. And teach me where to wrote the new file name.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Edited by icecool

The error is probably because you didn't download http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/...piex-udf/page__view__findpost_ This file (WinAPIEx.au3) needs to be in the same folder as the Script I made for you.

I am not lazy , I just don't understand language programming and I will need to read books and more books for then create this action .

I didn't say you were lazy!

Please guinness, do this for me. And teach me where to wrote the new file name.

I already have?! You drop the file on the GUI Window and it works, the file is moved and renamed as requested in the OP.

You have to ask yourself the question would you create a whole program for a Free?! I have already created what you wanted above, you need to test that before anything else.

Just this. Create a script (exe) for drag and drop a picture over the script (exe) rename to a specific name and move to a specific folder. And show me a warning if that folder already have that picture name inside and don't replace .

This is what my Script does, you didn't mention anything about 5000 folders! If all JPG's are moved to one folder how can they be moved to 4999 others?! Right now you can drop ANY FileType on the program and it will move it.

Edit: grammar mistakes!

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

You should first come to the realization that this is a support forum. No one here is going to build you a program using their free time. If your job is really at steak, as you say it is, then consider hiring a programmer to do what ever it is you promised (which you clearly can't do).

You have been given an example script and a source for further reading. Rest is up to you. The AutoIt help files are a HUGE help. They have an example of every function.

Sorry, I just hate people who beg others to build an entire program like its nothing.

Edited by MirnesC2

Sorry, I just hate people who beg others to build an entire program like its nothing.

Wow !!! A entire program. !!! Just a 5˜10 line of command is a ENTIRE program ?!!

For who understand , make it on a blink of a eye.

The time you wasted to think and wrote this message I believe you could wrote the command I need.

This is a fórum my friend , and who have time to read and wrote here is because like to help others.

If you don't wish to help me , please, don't waste your time to reply this kind of message.

Let someone do this.

Like my father say:

If you don't wish to help. Don't need.

but neither f....

Regards

This is what my Script does, you didn't mention anything about 5000 folders! If all JPG's are moved to one folder how can they be moved to 4999 others?! Right now you can drop ANY FileType on the program and it will move it./quote]

The link you give me is broken, i will try to find the file when I finish to wrote you.

And Yes , I need to create about 5000 folders and scripts.

But I don't will ask you to do this lol

I just need to figure out where is the destination folder to change and the name of the file and start to make the exe .

I am going home now and I try later to make this work.

Thanks a lot Guinness for your help.

Regards

• Moderators

icecool,

For who understand , make it on a blink of a eye.

Wrong. :)

What you are asking for is a reasonable complex little script. Not all that difficult to write, but definitely more than the 5-10 minutes you seem to think it will take. Please try to understand that AutoIt is a very different application to whatever you have been using on your Mac - it will take a lot more than "I just need to choose the name of the file and the destination folder after that hit one button to create the app".

When you post on this forum it always helps if you have had a go at coding something beforehand. As you have discovered, no-one here is too keen to help the "code it for me" brigade. Think of the old saying: "Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day; give a man a net and you feed him forever". We try to be net makers and repairers, not fishmongers.

And comments such as "If you don't wish to help me , please, don't waste your time to reply this kind of message" make it even less likely that you will get any help.

Now if you want to try and learn how to code in AutoIt, we will be very happy to help you learn. If, however, you want someone to do all the work for you then I recommend vWorker where coders will do whatever you want - as long as you pay them, of course. ;)

Your choice.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

This is the link >> and look in the Script for ; <<<<< this is where I have mentioned where to change the Folder.

And Yes , I need to create about 5000 folders and scripts

I need more details, do you want to filter the Filenames so dog.jpg goes to one folder but dogandcat.jpg goes to another? Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I need more details, do you want to filter the Filenames so dog.jpg goes to one folder but dogandcat.jpg goes to another?

no , no, I will need to make a lot of scripts because they are for only one occasion.

Let me try to explain you the work here.

I work with a tons of photos every day. Each contract have about 300 students. Each student have about 200 photos. I need to create a folder called "001Best", and I will take the best picture for this student and drop to that folder, renamed 001_001.jpg" ( The first 001 is the student number and the second 001 is the folder code name).

Then I will take the best photo from student 002 and drop to the folder "001Best" too . But with the name 002_001.jp

And for student 003 , 004, 005 .....

I don't will need a script very big. Just drop , rename , for I want and move.

Then I will take the exemple, change name of the picture and create another .exe for student 002, and go on.

Will give me a lot of work to make these tree, But when it is done , the people here will stop rename pictures forever. Now they rename about 2000 photos per day. The mac users now don't need to do this anymore and make more then 5000 photos per day.

I am not a programmer, maybe I need to hire someone if I a not find a easy solution.

Regards

Edited by icecool

I was going to say look at DropIt, but then what you are asking for with the renaming system can't be done in DropIt, yours is a little more customised. As Melba23 said it a little complex script! :)

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I was going to say look at DropIt, but then what you are asking for with the renaming system can't be done in DropIt, yours is a little more customised. As Melba23 said it a little complex script! :)

Hi Guinness

I found a solution on google for I want.

Almost done. The subject is now outside the Outoit software.

Can I send you a e-mail to explain you and you give a advice ?

Thanks a lot

Regards

Edited by icecool

I probably would be little use to you as I don't know much about anything. It would probably be best to ask on their support forum for advice.

UDF List: