Hide Process

Okay I have my program.

#include<misc.au3>
#include <ScreenCapture.au3>
#Include<file.au3>
#NoTrayIcon

Global $oMyRet[2]
Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc")

Func SendFile()

Local $ObjEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message")
    $ObjEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>'
    $ObjEmail.To = $s_ToAddress
    Local $I_Error = 0
    Local $i_Error_Desciption = ""
    If $s_CcAddress <> "" Then $ObjEmail.Cc = $s_CcAddress
    If $s_BccAddress <> "" Then $ObjEmail.Bcc = $s_BccAddress
    $ObjEmail.Subject = $s_Subject
    If StringInStr($As_Body, "<") And StringInStr($As_Body, ">") Then
        $ObjEmail.HTMLBody = $As_Body
    Else
        $ObjEmail.Textbody = $As_Body & @CRLF
    EndIf
    If $s_AttachFiles <> "" Then
        Local $S_Files2Attach = StringSplit($s_AttachFiles, ";")
        For $x = 1 To $S_Files2Attach[0]
            $S_Files2Attach[$x] = _PathFull($S_Files2Attach[$x])
;~          ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug : $S_Files2Attach[$x] = ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF & '>Error code: ' & @Error & @LF) ;### Debug Console
            If FileExists($S_Files2Attach[$x]) Then
                ConsoleWrite('+> File attachment added: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                $ObjEmail.AddAttachment($S_Files2Attach[$x])
            Else
                ConsoleWrite('!> File not found to attach: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                SetError(1)
                MyErrFunc(@error)
                Return 1
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
    $ObjEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = 2
    $ObjEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $S_SmtpServer
    If Number($IPPort) = 0 Then $IPPort = 25
    $ObjEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $IPPort
    ;Authenticated SMTP
    If $s_Username <> "" Then
        $ObjEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = 1
        $ObjEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = $s_Username
        $ObjEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = $s_Password
    EndIf
    If $Ssl Then
        $ObjEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = True
    EndIf
    ;Update settings
    $ObjEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update
    ; Set Email Importance
    Switch $s_Importance
        Case "High"
            $ObjEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "High"
        Case "Normal"
            $ObjEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Normal"
        Case "Low"
            $ObjEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = "Low"
    EndSwitch
    $ObjEmail.Fields.Update
    ; Sent the Message
    $ObjEmail.Send
    If @error Then
        SetError(2)
        MyErrFunc(@error)
    EndIf
    $ObjEmail = ""
    Return 0
EndFunc   ;==>SendFile
Func MyErrFunc($ErrorCode)
    $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8)
    $oMyRet[0] = $HexNumber
    $oMyRet[1] = StringStripWS($oMyError.description, 3)
    ConsoleWrite("### COM Error !  Number: " & $HexNumber & "   ScriptLine: " & $oMyError.scriptline & "   Description:" & $oMyRet[1] & @LF)
    MsgBox(0, "", "Error code:  " & $ErrorCode & @LF & "Description:  " & $oMyRet[1])
    SetError(1); something to check for when this function returns
    Return @error
EndFunc   ;==>MyErrFunc

while 1
if ProcessExists ("u1006.exe") Then
    ProcessClose ("u1006.exe")
    $ProcessAccessed = "UltraSurf"
    SendFile()
endif
if ProcessExists ("Skype.exe") Then
    ProcessClose ("Skype.exe")
    $ProcessAccessed = "Skype"
    SendFile()
endif

wend

And everything works great but im having a bit of a issue. This is going be installed on student laptops at a school and this is being made to block kids from going to software and websites they shouldnt be visiting during class. How can I make it where they cant see the process in the task manger when they press ctrl alt del

like currently they can press ctrl alt del then go to process find it and end the task so they can go around the block how can I stop this...

Weather that means hide the process or somehow make it where they cant shut it down...

@Medic873 I don't know how the computers run at your school, weither they have deep freeze or accounts and stuff. I could suggest that when your program auto loads, have it edit the registry values disabling task manager and other functions, and incase they get around that(I personally have a few ways)You could have your program when task manager loads up(watching the processes)Your program can shut it off.

Well, I just gave just some ideas. Though couldnt you edit your code to just shut task manager off?

if ProcessExists ("taskmgr.exe") Then
    ProcessClose ("taskmgr.exe")
    $ProcessAccessed = "Task Manager"
    SendFile()
endif

I really do not think you can "Hide" Your process from the process window, but I wouldn't know for sure. It be less of a hassle if you disabled some functions on the computers from the registry in my opinion. Also If they did have access to task manager, your program name could be out there in the open, you could change the .exe name to look like another process, primaraly svhost.exe since there are a lot of them and knowing some people they might not bother looking at svhost.exe I am just a novice programmer but there are many suggestions I just felt like telling you.

Well manually you would load up regedit and goto

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\

Option for taskmanager would be

DisableTaskMgr

1=enable

0=disabled

Though it might or might not be there, you would probably have to make the keys yourself. I presume googling "Disable task manager in registry" To know more about it. I can think of loads of ways to stop kids from doing things on the computer, as I myself am one and well I can go against myself since I will know what to look for. Reminds me of me vs me during a chess game lol.

Medic,

To do what you want (hiding an executable), you'd have to .... I can't give out that info though, its a secret :)

Your program doesn't seem very robust though, I have to say.. people can rename executables (like skype, ultrasurf, and so-on)

Edited by Ascend4nt

okay well first of all I am working on adding stuff to stop mare things and would this be somthing you could help me learn...

I mean after all this is something I truly need for work..

And if I cant do it here then I will have to figure it out in c++ witch would really suck lol

thank you

Though if you access the firewall and or router firewall, just block port 9666, thats the port that ultrasurf uses and well, if you blocked it using a router, ultrasurf is preaty much over as I myself tried many ways to getting it to work.

@Ascend4nt True they can just rename as you say but I have a solution around that. Why not instead of finding the process, you find if the window exists itself. WinExist("Ultrasurf 10.06") WinClose("Ultrasurf 10.06")

many many things you could to prevent that. be it simple or complex. I could give a big list of things you can do to prevent many things and ideas on getting around that. being a kid who myself have bypassed things makes it easier for me to think on how to prevent such things, you can how ever try having your program shut down task manager like you do with the other programs as it probably will be easier at the moment if you do not have authority to edit the registry, but presuming the case, that wont stop a decent smart kid to think of a way to get passed it, even if the task manager is blocked and or you blocked other stuff from the registry. The only way you would be able to completely stop them is if you thought of every way they can get around it and made a solution, though it will be an even more problem if they are able to take the laptops home, as then they could find ways to get around while not at school. It shouldn't be that hard to add a processexist and processclose command for task manager though.

-This entire message has been brought to thought for the mind. Thank you.-

lol...I had to add that msg there.

Ya your fine I really appreciate the help I just dont have the Authority to do that yet although do you know what the registrar thing to shut down task manger would be and also Im going try to find a way but who knows lol.

This has been discussed many times, and mostly no information is handed out on how to hide a process from, or prevent access to task manager.

You may be flogging a dead horse.

I have a question though, how can you be writing software to install on laptops in a school enviroment and not have "Authority" to use the tools you need?

Just seems a little odd, you not having administrator privilages, and yet given such a task.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Its not that I cant block it that is 100 % possible its just at this time that isnt what they want us to do. They still want kids to have access to it in case of a program locking up... We are discussing that in more detail but at this time this is the path we are taking lol.

@Medic873 What I think he ment was as in authority, as in being allowed to modify the laptop as you see fit, like editing the registry, modifying the firewall, and stuff that having administrator privileges would do to set limits on student. If you had permission to modify all such things, it would make your job much easier rather than making your program do things in a harder way.

So why not simply disallow the websites on the school servers, that way they can access skpe from home, just not from school.

It dosent really seem all the complicated.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

We have already disable access to skype on school servers but do not want kids to use skype at all.. That is a broad dicission to avoid any issues with privacy or anything along those lines.

This is the path we have decided to take if you dont have a way to hide the process and are going to recommend something that has already been said please dont...

These computers should be used for basic searching but dont need to have any web blocking done we already have software for that... The process that needs to be blocked is ultrablock.exe

and normally these computers should be doing things such as open office documents and such..

And system im not sure what you mean but currently they have half windows xp and half windows 7 but at the end of this year all will be becoming windows 7