StringReplace

Hello, I have a file that has several lines in it that may contain the following:

Users="adomain.user" or Users="adomain.user","another.user" etc. There may be 1 to 5 different "adomain.user" entries in that line.

Using StringReplace, I'm trying to remove the entire line, and replace it with Users="mydomain.myuser". The code I'm using removes the User= alright, and replaces it with Users="mydomain.myuser" OK, but leaves all the other "adomain.user" entries. Could anyone tell me how to achieve what I'm trying to do?

Code:

$szFile = "c:\temp\reg.ini"

$var = "Users="

$answer = ("Users="""& @LogonDomain &"."& @Username & """")

$szText = FileRead($szFile,FileGetSize($szFile))

$szText = StringReplace($szText, $var, $answer)

FileRecycle($szFile)

FileWrite($szFile,$szText)

"adomain.user" entries. Could anyone tell me how to achieve what I'm trying to do?

Use FileReadLine() and check each line for "user=".

If the string is part of the line, replace it with a new line and write it to a tempfile with FileWriteLine.

If the string is NOT part of the line, write the original line to a tempfile with FileWriteLine.

See helpfile for FileReadLine(), etc.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Unfortunately, there are also alot of lines in the file with user in it (without the =). It seems that FileReadLine ignores the = when I specify user=, and returns all lines with user in it.

It seems that FileReadLine ignores the = when I specify user=, and returns all lines with user in it.

????

$file = FileOpen("C:\test.txt")
$newfile = FileOpen("C:\testnew.txt")

while 1
   $line = FileReadLine($file)
   if @error = -1 then exitloop
   if StringInStr($line, "user=") then 
      $newline = "myuser=xxxxxx"; or whatever you like here !!
      FileWriteLine($newfile, $newline)
   else 
      FileWriteLine($newfile, $line)
   endif
wend
FileClose($file)
FileClose($newfile)

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *