non main window

ronmage

What i am trying to do is get it so i can send keystroke to a window with out it being the main window such as have 2 installs going and have it input the CD-keys. i was also wondering if you can do the same thing with a mouse click? does not have to have any z or y just a simple click.

What i am trying to do is get it so i can send keystroke to a window with out it being the main window such as have 2 installs going and have it input the CD-keys. i was also wondering if you can do the same thing with a mouse click? does not have to have any z or y just a simple click.

Do you have an example?

Your post is a little confusing...

Maybe you might wan't to activate each window when the keys are being sent.

Winactivate("the window")

What you ask for sounds like ControlSend, but also hace a look at the other Control...() functions as they might be more appropriate.

The information about the controls you want to interact with can be retrieved with the AU3Info tool. (Ctrl+F6 in scite if you have the complete package)

well that is what i want to do, however i did it with notepad and it worked. but with the other window, it is not seeing much with window info. so what it is doing is changing the title of the program to what i enter as the text, is there anyway to just send it as if it was a keyboard?

that worked :) ty. and last thing i sware lol. but i got click to work by using this

ControlClick("test - pant", "", "")

and that will use Primary click just fine, but i am trying to get secondary click to work. i see this "see below" under the help but i am not sure how to format it so that it will do the same thing as click but with the secondary click

ControlClick ( "title", "text", controlID [, button [, clicks [, x [, y ]]]] )