FunSkin UDF

funkey

Hello!

Please test my FunSkin UDF and tell me what you think about it.

You will need the WinAPIEx UDF.

FunSkin UDF V0.0.0.4

Posted Image

FunSkin UDF 0.0.0.4.rar

Edited by funkey

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

Hmm, nice idea, but it is far from completion.

PS: I think, you could replace your _colorInverse with this:

Func _ColorInverse($nColor)
    Return BitXOR($nColor, 0xFFFFFF)
EndFunc

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

That is some excellent work Funkey! I absolutely love how simple you made it. I'm not too familar with Valuator's Xskin, have you looked at his work there?

One suggestion. If someone labels an .ico wrong, instead of the button being completely missing, could you build in an error checker to put a default button in it's place.

Ah, I see. On Win7 it does not work with Aero enabled. Also the Close-button in the FileOPenDialog is misaligned when disabling Aero.

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Hello!

Please test my FunSkin UDF and tell me what you think about it.

You will need the WinAPIEx UDF.

Interesting concept. Looks like it has some compatibility issues with Aero (on vista and win7). Also, like the last Skin UDF you mentioned (skin sharp), it has the same window position issues. meaning if on primary monitor the buttons in the title bar work, but if on secondary montior, they do not.

Not sure if that is an issue w/ aero, or not, but should be addressed, in my opinion, so that it works with aero w/o an issue.

Also, when opening the 'File Open Dialog', it flashes the child UI and you have to move your mouse around to see all of the buttons on the screen. bit delayed, and not workin nicely.

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

Thank you very much for testing!!

Looks like it is very difficult to make a well working skin UDF. I don't think I can avoid flickering and I can not test on Vista/Win7. :)

So I don't think I will improve this UDF that much, but for me this was a very interesting experiment.

XSkin is very good, but it works completely different than this UDF and you can not skin Guis that easy like with this concept. (if this would work correct.). But this is the problem.

Thank you very much for testing!!

Looks like it is very difficult to make a well working skin UDF. I don't think I can avoid flickering and I can not test on Vista/Win7. :)

So I don't think I will improve this UDF that much, but for me this was a very interesting experiment.

XSkin is very good, but it works completely different than this UDF and you can not skin Guis that easy like with this concept. (if this would work correct.). But this is the problem.

ProgAndy's UDF for uscript works wonders. Even the free version is awesome. http://progandy.co.cc/downloads/view.download/6 is the link. I've used it to skin many a GUI with .msstyle files, which you can easilly find online.

Even works with aero on, and on multiple monitors.

-_-------__--_-_-____---_-_--_-__-__-_ ^^€ñ†®øÞÿ ë×阮§ wï†høµ† ƒë@®, wï†høµ† †ïmë, @ñd wï†høµ† @ †ïmïdï†ÿ ƒø® !ïƒë. €×阮 ñø†, bµ† ïñ§†ë@d wï†hïñ, ñ@ÿ, †h®øµghøµ† †hë 맧ëñ§ë øƒ !ïƒë.

@'zackrspv

Can you give a example of u skin in autoit?

I dont wish to hijack this thread, so, no, i wont provide that demo here. However, the link i provided above, to ProgAndy's website, has a zip you can download with the UDF and demo. You really dont have to do anything special, just like the OP's post, you just add the init, and load and boom, you have a skin.

I updated the UDF with little improvements:

* Reduced flickering when moving

* Added simple picture skin support

Next update: V0.0.0.4

Now I think it works good for at least WinXP.

Please test and tell me.

Thank you.

Sorry, now I attached the file here, but my available upload file size on autoitscript.com was too less.

German forum was offline for short time.

• 2 months later...

Hello jscript. I'm here in Austria! :unsure:

I am not working on this any more. I think AutoIt is not the right language for things like this. And it would be a huge amount of work to get it doing everything the right way.

Hello jscript. I'm here in Austria! :>

I am not working on this any more. I think AutoIt is not the right language for things like this. And it would be a huge amount of work to get it doing everything the right way.

;) , Ok...

I am very sorry you have to abandon the project... :unsure:

Well, as the only programming language I know is this! I can give continuity to your code?

http://forum.autoitbrasil.com/ (AutoIt v3 Brazil!!!)

Somewhere Out ThereJames Ingram

somewh10.png

dropbo10.pngDownload Dropbox - Simplify your life!
Your virtual HD wherever you go, anywhere!

• 7 years later...