Thumbs up to AutoIt & SciTE

This goes out to all those involved with, in and around AutoIt.

I've only been poking around in AutoIt for a couple days, but I must congratulate you all on a top notch program, add-ons, add-ins, wrappers, unwrappers... you name it AutoIt's got it!

I'm looking forward to having fun.

By the way, others probably noticed this, but it seems "AutoIt" seems to have "AI" (Artificial Intelligence) built-in...

Cheers,

Dean

This goes out to all those involved with, in and around AutoIt.

I've only been poking around in AutoIt for a couple days, but I must congratulate you all on a top notch program, add-ons, add-ins, wrappers, unwrappers... you name it AutoIt's got it!

I'm looking forward to having fun.

By the way, others probably noticed this, but it seems "AutoIt" seems to have "AI" (Artificial Intelligence) built-in...

Cheers,

Dean

I'm actually pretty interested in the AI area of Autoit, say I have a star light camera on a pole and a small computer with Autoit running and checking for any white specs, any time a spec is detected, navigate directly to it and have a laser point at it.

That would be pretty scary for any one on the other end, lol.

inb4: your post is in the wrong category.

• Moderators

System238,

[very serious]

Speaking as a pilot that is an extremely stupid idea - "intelligence" is most certainly not the word I would associate with it. :)

Have you any idea what being hit by a visible laser does to your night vision? Do you have any idea of the trouble you have seeing the lit instruments in the cockpit (which you need to fly at night) once you have been laser-dazzled? Do you really want to risk being held responsible for downing an aircraft and all its crew and passengers?

Most civilised nations now take such a very serious view of such things and you could well end up with a criminal record should you ever attempt such a thing - even if the pilots manage to cope with it. Take a look at this thread on a professional pilot website to see what happens to those idiots caught doing such stupid things - and the danger to the aircraft and occupants associated with this idiotic practice.

I hope I have dissuaded you from even thinking about lasing aircraft, or indeed anything else with humans in it. If not then my fervent hope is that you get caught and jailed before you cause any serious damage. ;)

[/very serious]

M23

Edit:

MadDogDean,

Apologies for taking your thread off-topic, but that needed to be said. And thanks for the kind words you posted. :idiot:

M23

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

System238,

[very serious]

Speaking as a pilot that is an extremely stupid idea - "intelligence" is most certainly not the word I would associate with it. :)

Have you any idea what being hit by a visible laser does to your night vision? Do you have any idea of the trouble you have seeing the lit instruments in the cockpit (which you need to fly at night) once you have been laser-dazzled? Do you really want to risk being held responsible for downing an aircraft and all its crew and passengers?

Most civilised nations now take such a very serious view of such things and you could well end up with a criminal record should you ever attempt such a thing - even if the pilots manage to cope with it. Take a look at this thread on a professional pilot website to see what happens to those idiots caught doing such stupid things - and the danger to the aircraft and occupants associated with this idiotic practice.

I hope I have dissuaded you from even thinking about lasing aircraft, or indeed anything else with humans in it. If not then my fervent hope is that you get caught and jailed before you cause any serious damage. ;)

[/very serious]

M23

Edit:

MadDogDean,

Apologies for taking your thread off-topic, but that needed to be said. And thanks for the kind words you posted. :idiot:

M23

Oh god I lol'd at all of this, Of course I would never even think about pointing a laser at a manned aircraft lmao. As a matter of fact, I have some bad experience with laser's.

When I was 12yo, me and 4 cousins were riding a 4 wheeler up and down a local street when all of a sudden this little girl pointed a laser at us, we all turned and started screaming stuff at here when I yelled "AYY!!!!" and immediately bailed from the thing at 35-40mph and I cant forget seeing the 4 wheeler's owner at the front of the vehicle just petrified. The dude didn't even try jumping of and they hit a car head on and wedged his legs in between the car and the ATV. My cousin "vic" the young one broke his collar bone and "Freddy" the older one who was the ATV owner was wedged between the car and ATV. I just got a few scratches cause I was quick to jump off as I always do when I'm about to fail on a 2 or 4 wheeler. And trust me, I have experience on bailing from moving vehicles at speeds above 45mph. "don't ask....."

Any way, I've already heard about idiots pointing lasers at airborne vehicles and the penalty for that is 10-30 years I think.

But any way, I don't know what lead you to the idea that pointing lasers at aircraft was my intention with a starlight scope on a pole...

It could easily be prevented from from navigating above the horizon, & btw, I read my post again and still can't figure how it lead you to your conclusion.

Edited by System238

• Moderators

System238,

I don't know what lead you to the idea that pointing lasers at aircraft was my intention with a starlight scope on a pole...

Perhaps this: ;)

I have a star light camera on a pole and a small computer with Autoit running and checking for any white specs, any time a spec is detected, navigate directly to it and have a laser point at it

Anyway, delighted to see you have no such 1ntentions. :)

Have a pleasant evening (or whatever it is where you are). :idiot:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area