_AD_GetGroupMemberOf

Hello,

The functions are Fantastic !!!!

I'm no expert in AD just a Beginner so question for you

When using the function _AD_GetGroupMemberOf, is there any way to specify what data gets returned so instead of a FQDN provide oter information like

Email, sAMAccountName,distinguishedName,displayname etc....

Just looking to get some Guidance on what would need to be done to the function to change what it returns.

I know I could parse out the samaaccoutname from the FQDN details and then do another query, however trying to reduce the amount of query's I would need to complete.

Thanks

Paul

Glad you like the UDF :)

The function _AD_GetGroupMemberOf only returns a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).

If you need further properties just use the returned FQDN and call _AD_GetObjectProperties(<FQDN>, <List of properties you need>)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hello,

That resolved my issue.

I have a new question, I need to get the Display Name from LDAP as the name used their is differnt than what we have in AD and several

applications use the Display Name from LDAP as compared to the Display name used in AD.

How would I go about getting that ?

Thanks

Paul

Edited by HighlanderSword

... I need to get the Display Name from LDAP as the name used their is differnt than what we have in AD and several applications use the Display Name from LDAP as compared to the Display name used in AD.

I think you're mixing up something. LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Porotocol) is a protocol to access the Active Directory (and other directories).

So there is only one DisplayName around.

Please use _AD_GetObjectProperties on one of your users to display all properties. You should find two properties containing the different "flavors" of DisplayName.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki