ChooseFileFolder - Interim Version 11 Mar 21

Melba23

Sorry for the late answer. I added your code.

Maybe there is a problem with my beta inst. Becuase I saw you use now _FileListToArrayRec, but the behavior of fairies is strange.

I tried this:

I double clicked on "File1" - added to list

I double clicked on "File2" - added to list

I double clicked on "File3" - added to list

Than I selected "File2" in list and clicked on button DELETE. Now "File3" has been removed from the list.

And also now the DELEET button dos nothing for me anymore.

Sorry, that I didn't post a example. I use for CFF_mod from the post #80.

$SelectedFiles = _CFF_Choose("Select files for Upload", 300, 500, -1, -1, "|"&$LastUsedSelectDrive, Default, 0 + 4 + 8 + 16, 20)

$LastusedSelectdrive contains the driveletter from the last run.

Any idea, what I did wrong this time?

Btw: Say hello to the "little fairy people".

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

From what you are describing, it sounds very much as if the UDF is not picking up the fact that you have selected an item within the list and so it is deleting the selected item within the TreeView - which is what I would expect if this were the case. To test this hypothesis, could you please do the following:

- 1. Add the 3 files, but then select (with a single click) File 1 in the TreeView. Now select File 2 in the list and press "Delete". Which file is deleted now? If I am right then it should be File 1 which disappears.

- 2. Add some errorchecking to see if the UDF correctly registers the WM_NOTIFY and WM_COMMAND handlers - _CFF_RegMsg should return 3.

- 3. And finally, do you have another [$WM_COMMAND handler in your script? If so then this could well be overriding the handler as set by the UDF and you will need to call _CFF_WM_COMMAND_Handler from within it.

Let me know how you get on. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

No problem - I should have mentioned that I had added a new handler. :(

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Could you please give me an example (of course I searched already google and forum) of how to call a WM_COMMAND from within?

I'm lacking of knowledge and I found no example.

Func MY_WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $msg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Local $nNotifyCode = _HiWord($wParam)
    Local $nID = _LoWord($wParam)
    Local $hCtrl = $lParam

Switch $nID
        Case $inputTaskNumber

Switch $nNotifyCode
                Case $CBN_EDITUPDATE, $CBN_EDITCHANGE ; when user types in new data
                    _Combo_Changed()
                Case $CBN_SELCHANGE ; item from drop down selected
                    _Combo_Changed()
            EndSwitch
            case $inputBasePath
                    _Combo_Changed()
            EndSwitch

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>MY_WM_COMMAND

Func _HiWord($x)
    Return BitShift($x, 16)
EndFunc   ;==>_HiWord

Func _LoWord($x)
    Return BitAND($x, 0xFFFF)
EndFunc   ;==>_LoWord

_CFF_RegMsg returns 3 in my startup.

BTW: I already read your comment in the online help on fast return from WM_COMMAND (because in another project I ran into trouble). So the call of the function will be replaced by boolean operation that will be handled in my _MAIN().

Could you or someone else help me out on how to achieve this?

Or could you add this "inside call" to your examples, than it is maybe obvious for other like me how to get a long.

Thx for your patient (again)

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

All you need do is call the relevant handler function inside your existing handler:

Func MY_WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $msg, $wParam, $lParam)

; Your handler code goes here

; Now call the CFF WM_COMMAND handler
    _CFF_WM_COMMAND_Handler($hWnd, $msg, $wParam, $lParam) ; Make sure you use the same parameter names!

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc   ;==>MY_WM_COMMAND
I have written all of my UDFs (well the ones that use message handlers!) this way so that people can integrate them into their existing scripts without problem. :)

_CFF_RegMsg returns 3 in my startup

This means that the UDF is registering the UDF handler to WM_COMMAND as it initialises - only for you to then use GUIRegisterMsg to register your own WM_COMMAND handler functions and so overwrite the UDF version. By putting the UDF handler function within your own handler you still run its functions. All clear? :)

And a very good idea to use flags to respond to handler actions - you really do want as fast a return as possible. ;)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Typo

Spoiler

Hello Melba23,

yesterday (before reply) I added exactly the line

_CFF_WM_COMMAND_Handler($hWnd, $msg, $wParam, $lParam)

to my handler. And Autoit crashed. So I thought I'm not smart enough to follow your advice of post #82, that's why I raised my question. Today I copied again your line (looks pretty much the same as mine before) but today it is working....no crash of Autoit. This is something I'm unable to explain.

And I only raised the "example" question because I thought that it has to be much more complex to call the handler..... :oops:

And now also the DELETE of the files works correctly.

So everything you've done works like expected (as always)

Thank you very much for been patient enough with my foolish questions. But sometimes you can't see the wood because of all the trees....

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

everything you've done works like expected

Delighted to hear it. I will release a new version with these changes soon. But now that there are 2 handlers to register in the UDF I will first amend the _CFF_RegMsg function to allow the user to register them separately - as I have done in my other multiple handler UDFs. That way the order of registration within the script will not be an issue. :)

Thank you very much

And thanks you too for having prodded me to produce a better version of the UDF. :thumbsup:

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

New version 17 Oct 13

Added:

- 1. In the _CFF_Choose dialog you can now use the "Delete" button to delete an item in the selected list. To summarise for multiple selections:

In _CFF_Choose

To add an item either doubleclick the TreevView or select a TreeView item and press" Add".

To delete a previously selected item, select it in either the TreeView or the list and press "Delete".

To return the list press "Return".

To abandon the selection process press "Escape"

In _CFF_Embed you still add by doubleclicking and delete by doubleclicking with Ctrl pressed as before.

Thanks to Tankbuster for prodding me to get it to work as he wanted. :D

- 2. If displaying files and folders, but only files can be selected, opening a folder scrolls to display the beginning of the files within even if preceded by a long list of folders. This seemed more logical as it is the files that are of interest.

New UDF and modified examples in the zip below.

Note: The UDF code uses the new Beta File.au3 include file - if you are still running 3.3.8.1 then look for the 3 lines highlighted by ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ and amend them as shown. You will also need my RecFileListToArray UDF which is in the zip - you do NOT need this file if you run the Beta.

New zip in the first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...

Thx for the new version. It works fine for me.

_CFF_Choose("Ex 4: All drives with default", 300, 500, -1, -1, "|n")

selects N drive.

Question: Would it be also possible to preselect a drive WITH path?

eg

_CFF_Choose("Ex 4: All drives with default", 300, 500, -1, -1, "|n:\mysuperfolder")

Why?

I use the _CFF udf for selecting files to process. On exit I store the drive to preselct it for the next start of the program. Because with that the user is presented the drive which he selected last. But as a next step in usability I would like to also open die folder on the drive, suggesting that the user will start from the same folder.

If $aSplit[0] = 2 Then
                        $sDefDrive = $aSplit[2]
                        ; Check if default in drive list
                        If $sDrives And Not StringInStr($sDrives, $sDefDrive) Then
                            ; Clear if not
                            $sDefDrive = ""
                        Else
                            ; Add colon
                            $sDefDrive &= ":"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            if StringInStr($sDefDrive,"\") then
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>         ???? Fairy Stuff?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            endif
                        EndIf
                    EndIf

Does my request make sense for a next enhancement? Or is there already something inside that helps me out?

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

Having the dialog open with a specific path on a drive already expanded is proving more difficult than I thought it might. Let me mull it over for a while and I will get back to you. :sweating:

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

Not easy to meet that request - but I think I have it working. Try this Beta version and see what you think. :)

<See later version below>

The syntax for the folder to be highlighted is as you proposed:

alphabetic list of drives (or "" for all) | path of default drive and specified folder (trailing \ opens the folder as well)
There is another change in this version that I have been working on - so comment on that would be useful too. Now if you ask for drives to be displayed, they appear in the main treeview rather than in the separate combo as before. If you prefer them to appear in the combo, you add "|c" to the end of the drive pattern as in this example:

"|n:\mysuperfolder|c"
Let me know what you think of the new features. And comments from anyone else are of course equally welcome. :)

M23

Edit: Updated file.

Edited by Melba23
Code removed

Spoiler

I tested the new version from post #92.

For me it worked fine.

And btw. ~4 hours for complicated things. (see Post#91). That is maybe a bad promise for the future requests ;-) Because if you than reply "..too compliacted", some might say"....ah, come on 4 hours of your life....."

But again thanks to you.

You are a true   :sorcerer:

EDIT:

does "c" in

"|n:\mysuperfolder|c"

refer to "combo"?

Edited by Tankbuster

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

Glad you like it. I will do some code tidying and release the new version soon. :)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

Best to post anew rather than edit - it was only by chance I saw your new question. ;)

Yes, the "|c" in "|n:mysuperfolder|c" makes the drives selectable from a separate combo as used to be the case. If you omit that element then the drives are all listed in the treeview, which is now the default method. :)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Fixed tags

Spoiler

Sry, for the edit. But it was only a confirm question as you already posted it in the post #92.

The new udf is included in my production file. If there is a issue, I will report. Thx for your support.

(actually I tried to include the folder thing on my own......but I gave up :-) )

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

The new udf is included in my production file

That was just only a "slightly better than proof of concept" Beta - I would wait until I release a new version before including anything in a "production file". I have already made a number of changes to the code since posting yesterday. ;)

I tried to include the folder thing on my own

Just out of interest, was my solution anything like what you had tried? :huh:

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

Tankbuster and anyone else reading,

Here is the latest beta of the UDF allowing opening at a defined folder within a drive and giving the option to place multiple drives either within the treeview or in a separate combo for both _CFF_Choose and _CFF_Embed (see above for details).

And here is an example - just replace the paths in the function calls to fit your system:

Any comments welcome. :)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Updated file

Spoiler

• 5 weeks later...
  • Moderators

NEW VERSION 11 Dec 13

Changed

- 1. If you want to choose between various drives, the UDF now adds them directly to the treeview. In _CFF_Choose having them appear in a separate combo is still an option.

- 2. Following user feedback, the automatic scroll to the first file when selecting files from a tree is now an option in the $iDisplay parameter.

Added: You can now not only define a default drive but also a default folder when choosing between various drives - adding a trailing "" to the folder path will additionally open the folder. In my testing this sometimes fails for native TreeViews - I imagine because the internal processing that AutoIt needs to carry out delays the expansion process. If the tree has not correctly expanded the UDF automatically reruns the expansion up to 5 times with an increased delay between events until the desired endstate is reached - if there is still a problem then the TreeView is displayed unexpanded. Thanks to Tankbuster for prodding me to get the UDF to do this. :)

Note: The UDF code uses the new Beta File.au3 include file - if you are still running 3.3.8.1 then look for the 3 lines highlighted by ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ and amend them as shown. You will also need my RecFileListToArray UDF which is in the zip - you do NOT need this file if you run the Beta.

New zip file in the first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

• 2 months later...