ChooseFileFolder - Interim Version 11 Mar 21

Melba23

No Melba, do the following, or as advised by Ascend4nt (BitAND...).

Func _CFF_WM_NOTIFY_Handler($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

#forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam

Local $tStruct = DllStructCreate("hwnd hWndFrom;uint_ptr IDFrom;int Code", $lParam)
    Switch DllStructGetData($tStruct, "Code")
        Case -3 ; $NM_DBLCLK
            $fCFF_DblClk = DllStructGetData($tStruct, "hWndFrom")
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>_CFF_WM_NOTIFY_Handler
Edited by Yashied

• Moderators

Yashied,

Changed. ;)

I thought -3 was 0xFFFFFD? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I thought -3 was 0xFFFFFD? :)

Yes, only 0xFFFFFFFD

But

"INT" => DllStructGetData($tStruct, "Code") = 0xFFFFFFFD (-3)

"INT_PTR" => BitAND(DllStructGetData($tStruct, "Code"), 0xFFFFFFFF) = 0xFFFFFFFD (-3) under x64

"INT_PTR" is just a trick.

Edited by Yashied

• Moderators

Yashied,

Got it - which is why I had to use $iCode = BitAND(DllStructGetData($tStruct, 3), 0xFFFFFFFF) in GUIListViewEx to match the other possible codes. :)

Thanks for the explanation - I am glad a couple of people round here understand this stuff because it makes my brain hurt almost as much as SREs. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

I think MSDN is correct, NMHDR structure looks like this.

$tagNMHDR = "hwnd hWndFrom;uint_ptr IDFrom;int Code"

But the following structures that includes NMHDR must be aligned to sizeof(ptr). For example

; x64
$tagNMHEADER = $tagNMHDR & ";byte Alignment[4];int Item;int Button;ptr pItem"

; x86
$tagNMHEADER = $tagNMHDR & ";int Item;int Button;ptr pItem"

That does make sense since NMHDR is part of so many different larger structures. I'm sure there must be one where a 'ptr'-sized variable comes directly after NMHDR. That is actually how I had fixed the Constants in my AutoIt Includes - just added a 4-byte Alignment offset in x64 mode, like I had originally done in Melba's other code. Its one of the few cases where structure item names (as opposed to numbers) are a good idea to use.

And it does get rid of that annoying practice of shrinking int_ptr down to 32-bits.

Sorry Melba for hijacking your thread. But hey, at least the information on NMHDR problems is out there (and hopefully searchable).

• Moderators

Ascend4nt,

Sorry Melba for hijacking your thread

Be my guest! ;)

Always good to learn things like this. :)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

NEW VERSION - 16 Feb 11

Changes:

- Added option to display files without extensions - although the extensions are still in the returned file paths.

- Just add 4 to the normal $iDisplay parameter. Note this option is not available if you use a .* wildcard in the $sFile_Mask parameter - if you do, how is the UDF supposed to know what extension to return?

- I did this so I could display a listing of .mp3 files in my music player without all of them showing the .mp3 extension - if I am choosing a track I know they are all .mp3 files!

No need to adjust existing scripts - just use the option if you want to.

New UDF, example and zip in first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

BUGFIX VERSION - 18 Feb 11

Fixed: Bug which prevented selection of files when a drive had to be selected and multiple file extensions were possible but not displayed.

No need to adjust existing scripts. New UDF and zip in first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

[NEW VERSION] - 23 May 11

Warning: Script breaking syntax and function name changes

Changes:

- Added new option to display "files & only those folders containing files".

- $iDisplay - 0   - Display full folder tree and matching files (default)
              1   - Display all matching files within the specified folder - subfolders are not displayed
              2   - Display folder tree only - no files
        NEW - 3   - Display only those folders containing matching files and the files within them
              + 4 - Do not display file extensions in tree (ignored if .* ext in $sFile_Mask)

Option 0 will display all folders in the tree regardless of whether they hold matching files.

Option 3 displays only those folders which contain files of the matching type - empty folders are not displayed unless they hold subfolders containing files. See Ex 1 and 2 in the example script.

- Syntax change when using _CFF_IndexDefault to preload folders and/or files for speed.

Load separate "files" and "folders" defaults or [NEW] a combined "files and folders" default. All 3 can be set independently.

See Function header notes for details.

- New functions to set existing arrays as defaults for speed of loading.

_CFF_SetDefault replaced by:

_CFF_SetDefault_Folder: Sets existing array as default folder index

_CFF_SetDefault_File: Sets existing array as default file index

_CFF_SetDefault_Combo: Sets existing array as default folder and file index

See Function header notes for details of how arrays must be created.

This version requires the latest version of RecFileListToArray - see my sig below or in the zip.

Sorry for the script breaking nature of this version - I hope anyone who uses it feels the changes were worth it. :>

New UDF, example and zip in first post. :unsure:

M23

Spoiler

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

BugFix version - 16 Dec 11

- Fixed: Rapid clicking on the TreeView expand/contract icons could be treated as a double click and so trigger an inadvertant selection. Now double clicks are ignored for a short period after the TreeView is expanded/contracted. Thanks WPA-Fan for pointing it out. :)

New version in first post. :D

M23

Edit: Example in the zip still pointed to the test version of the UDF. New zip uploaded with the correct #include line. Sorry! ;)

Edited by Melba23

Spoiler

• 3 months later...

Hi Melba

Sorry to report but seems things are still not quite right, I just downloaded your zip and started testing with the example script and came across the following.

Is it possible your updated zip was not saved on this server ? I grabbed it from the first post @ the bottom.

1,2,3 work,

4a displays nothing

4b displays nothing

5 works -but- on a 600 Gb drive, hair turns grey while waiting... :oops: (I admit I am not a spring chicken LOL)

6 = CRASH

Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "E:\AutoIT_Scripts\ChooseFileFolder\ChooseFileFolder_Example.au3"  
E:\AutoIT_Scripts\ChooseFileFolder\ChooseFileFolder.au3 (536) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:
$hTreeView = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(0, 0, $iW - 20, $aTV_Pos[3])
$hTreeView = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(0, 0, $iW - 20, $aTV_Pos^ ERROR
->09:19:03 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:1
>Exit code: 1   Time: 245.830

My System Info:

AMD X4-630 / 12Gb Ram / NVidia 9800GTX

Win-7/64 Premium (fully updated)

AutoIT 3.3.8.1 (Beta not installed)

Thanks for all your wonderful efforts, Much Appreciated !

WhiteStar

~ WhiteStar Magic

Always tuned to http://www.superbluesradio.com/  Tune in at http://87.117.217.41:8036/

• Moderators

WhiteStar,

I thought no-one used this UDF - so thanks for the compliments. :oops:

There has been one other x64 user who had problems with the UDF - it seemed he could not use the GUIFrames UDF which I use in Examples 4a, 4b and 6, the ones with which you have difficulty. Unfortunately we never managed to get to the bottom of why he had this problem - and he has also had difficulties with some of my other UDFs. Again just him - other x64 users had no problems at all. We put it down to an anti-Melba allergy on his machine! :cheer:

I wrote a version of this UDF which does not use the GUIFrames UDF for him to test - would you care to try it too?

ChooseFileFolder_NoFrame.au3

ChooseFileFolder_NoFrame_Ex.au3

You might also try the GUIFrame UDF itself and see if you can run it. Perhaps the allergy is spreading across the world! :doh:

As to the speed of the UDF on a big drive, I do warn you on the first page:

"The main disadvantage compared to the native dialogs is the time it takes to load the tree - but I designed this for those occasions where you want the user to be limited to a relatively small tree which would not tke too long to load"

And there is a warning on the dialog as well. ;)

I cannot make it load any faster. Creating and sorting the array of the files on the drive/path takes the major part of the time - building the treeview is relatively quick. I do offer the possibility of pre-reading the drive/path and then using that array to build the treeview - and I tend to use much smaller paths than 600GB. I preload in the app for which I designed this UDF - and that loads a 45GB drive in about 3 secs. ;)

Please let me know how you get on. :bye:

M23

Spoiler

Melba YOU ROCK !!!!

The "NoFrame" works a treat ! and while I did notice the "alert" about big drives, I really didn;t think it was that slow... :oops: Almost reminded me of doing filescans on the old 80-MB MFM Full Height 5.25 HDD... (circa, far too many yrs ago to admit publicly LOL ).

And Melba, your tools, UDF's and all the goodness you've poured into here is astounding and always as good as it get's. I love your UDF's because you document everything so nicely, that a blind man could understand the functions, I certainly wish a few other's woudl look up to that example of documentation.

With regards to the comment "I thought no-one used this UDF" why would you say that ? is there an alternative ?? a better one ???

Thanks again for everything

WhiteStar

~ WhiteStar Magic

Always tuned to http://www.superbluesradio.com/  Tune in at http://87.117.217.41:8036/

• Moderators

WhiteStar,

is there an alternative ?? a better one ???

And what do you espect me to say? Of course ther is not! :bye:

But seriously, take a look at Yashied's TV Explorer - I even mention in the first line of the first post. :oops:

M23

Spoiler

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

Hi,

I have completely rewritten this UDF to get over the ENORMOUS length of time it took to create a tree of any size before it displayed. The tree is now created dynamically which means that it is (almost) instantaneous. :dance:

Please note that there are a couple of script-breaking syntax changes in this version - please read the _CFF_Choose function header carefully - and you also need to declare the WM_NOTIFY handler before using the UDF in all cases. Several functions have been deleted as there is now no need to preload arrays to speed up the UDF. :)

My thanks to caleb41610 for the thread which sparked the idea - and especially guinness for help with the #*@#*%# Struct !!!! :thumbsup:

If anyone would care to try it, I would be grateful for feedback before I release it formally in a few days. :)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

New version 4 Oct 2012

This is a completely rewritten version of the UDF with script-breaking syntax changes. It now develops the tree dynamically and is very much faster than previous versions. It also uses the new version of my RecFileListToArray UDF to allow you to either show or hide hidden and system files/folders. Warning: There are script-breaking changes - read the _CFF_Choose function header to see how the $iDisplay parameter is now set - and you always need to register the WM_NOTIFY if you use the UDF.

My thanks to caleb41610 for the thread which sparked the idea - and especially guinness for help with the #*@#*%# Struct !!!! :thumbsup:

New UDF, example and zip in first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

Hi,

Following a request from Syed23 I have added a new function (_CFF_Embed) to allow you to create the folder listing (and list of selected items) in your own GUI rather then in the UDF-created dialog. Here is a beta version and example - I hope the comments are clear enough to follow: ;)

See below for later beta

Note that you need the latest version of my RecFileListToArray UDF for the example to run - it is in the zip. ;)

Any comments would be most welcome. :)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Removed deprecated code

Spoiler

• Moderators

Hi,

The beta can now cope with UDF-created TreeViews - new Beta UDF, amended example and (specially for Syed23 ;)) the latest RecFileListToArray UDF in the zip:

All comments welcome. :)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

New version: 12 Oct 2012

Added: A new function _CFF_Embed which creates the folder tree in an existing treeview within your own GUI rather than having to use a UDF-created dialog. Thanks to Syed23 for the suggestion. :thumbsup:

Changed: Script breaking change to $iDisplay parameter syntax in _CFF_Choose - add 64 not 16 to hide file extensions. This was done as new versions of _RecFileListToArray (which is needed to run the UDF) will have additional options which use the current value. Sorry about the change, but I am trying to future-proof as much as I can. ;)

New UDF, additional example and zip in first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

Hi Melba23

I have a question.

In the parameters you write '$sFile_Mask - File name & ext or folder name to match (default = * - match all)', is there any way i can use a filter for directories?

I need to select only a subset of folders and then select the correct one manually. I have around 1200 dirs so if i can get it only show the 2-4 which concerns me and then manually select the specific dir would help me a lot.