ChooseFileFolder - Interim Version 11 Mar 21

Melba23

Hi Melba,

When I try the example code, it works perfectly.

However when I try to combine the code into mine, the tree doesn't displayed correctly. I suspect it's because of this:

$sRet = _CFF_RegMsg()
If Not $sRet Then
    MsgBox(16, "Failure!", "Handler not registered")
    Exit
EndIf

On my code, there is already a function to handle WM Notify:

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_DROPFILES, 'WM_DROPFILES_FUNC')
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY") ;This intercepts the Notification windows sends your GUI when you right click the listview (and many others) amd sends it to the "WM_NOTIFY" function.
Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam
    Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndListView, $tInfo

If Not IsHWnd($List) Then $hWndListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($List)

;$ilParam is a pointer. This reads what's at that adress. (not sure why the name suggests its an int)
    $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $ilParam)
    $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom"))
    $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom")
    $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code")

Switch $hWndFrom ;Check what control triggered the msg
        Case $hWndListView ;If it was the listview...
            Switch $iCode ;Check what action triggered the msg
                Case $NM_RCLICK ;If it was a right click...
                    $tInfo = DllStructCreate($tagNMITEMACTIVATE, $ilParam) ;get the information about the item clicked.
                    $sItemText =  _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hWndListView, DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Index"), DllStructGetData($tInfo, "SubItem")) ;store the item text in a global variable in case the Delete option is clicked.
                    ;You could also just store the Index and SubItem values, the entire $tInfo struct, or whatever works best for you.

;Uncomment the next part to get more information about your click.
;~                  _DebugPrint("$NM_RCLICK" & @LF & "--> hWndFrom:" & @TAB & $hWndFrom & @LF & _
;~                          "-->IDFrom:" & @TAB & $iIDFrom & @LF & _
;~                          "-->Code:" & @TAB & $iCode & @LF & _
;~                          "-->Index:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Index") & @LF & _
;~                          "-->SubItem:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "SubItem") & @LF & _
;~                          "-->NewState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "NewState") & @LF & _
;~                          "-->OldState:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "OldState") & @LF & _
;~                          "-->Changed:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "Changed") & @LF & _
;~                          "-->ActionX:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "ActionX") & @LF & _
;~                          "-->ActionY:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "ActionY") & @LF & _
;~                          "-->lParam:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "lParam") & @LF & _
;~                          "-->KeyFlags:" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tInfo, "KeyFlags"))

EndSwitch
        EndSwitch

;Returning this allows the GUI to handle the messages in the usual way once you're done. Returning anything else will block default behavior. (giving you a largely unresponsive GUI)
    Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc

In this situation, how to make it work?

• Moderators

Good evening,

I have been thinking about reintroducing the sliding separator between the treeview and the list that was present in the first few releases. I removed it because some people found that my GUIFrame UDF (which was required to have this functionality) did not work on their machines and I wanted the UDF to be universally usable. But I think I have have come up with a way to have frames for those who want to (and can) use them. If you ask for frames, this Beta version looks for the GUIFrame include and creates them if it is present. If the include is not present, then the Beta version defaults to the "standard" fixed sizes. :)

The trick is to use strings to Call the GUIFrame functions and only set the function name to the required UDF function if the GUIFrame include is present - that way you do not get a syntax error if the function is not found. However, this does pose a problem if you use Obfuscator, as the required functions could well be stripped unless ignored as shown in the example. :(

I see 3 possible ways forward (although I am happy to hear about any others that might exist):

- 1. I forget about the sliding separator because no-one else is too bothered about having it.

- 2. I release a new version based on this Beta which will permit frames, but which could cause Obfuscator to hiccup.

- 3. I release this version together with the current release so that people can choose which version to use.

So over to you - what do people who use this UDF think? :huh:

M23

Edit: Best I add the files!

CFF_Frame.zip

Edited by Melba23
Beta code removed

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Noviceatthis,

I imagine ShellExecute would be the way to go - that way you either open the au3 file for editing or run it depending on how you set up your system when you installed AutoIt. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

jmon,

Thanks for the compliments. Please note that you can indeed start in any folder - just add the full path as the $sRoot parameter and the tree begins at that point. :)

I will look into how the UDF might highlight a pre-selected file as it opens - no promises though! ;)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

jmon,

Give this Beta code a run and see if it works for you. All you need do is specify the pre-selected file in the $sRoot parameter like this:

#include "ChooseFileFolder_Mod.au3"

Local $sRoot = StringRegExpReplace(@AutoItExe, "(^.*\\)(.*)", "\1") & "Au3Info.exe" ; This is a file and not a folder

$aList = _CFF_Choose("Pre-Selected File", 300, 500, Default, Default, $sRoot)
And here is the Beta UDF to run with it:

Feedback welcome from other readers too, of course. :)

M23

Spoiler

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Melba,

your UDF is growing nicely . Well done (again)

One request or idea.

When I run your UDF on a remote drive. Sometimes on Remote drives, and because of diskspace and network for a "long" time it looks like the app is stoppd. It would be nice if a optional text is next to the "tree symbol" displayed.

FOLDER
L

better 

FOLDER
L <reading - pls wait>

This happens when very large remote drives are read. Example a NAS drive. (on first access maybe the NAS needs some time to spin up, read....and so on.

With the msg a user could see that something is working and does not try to kill the app...

Maybe a old fashioned DOS spinning "" ? Or dots ?

Does this make sense to you?

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

Back when the UDF was so slow I did have a "Please wait" label appear - I got rid of it because the new code speeded the UDF up so much that I felt it was no longer necessary. I can easily put something like that back in the code. :)

But is there anything in the path used to run the UDF on these remote drives which could act as a trigger so that the label is not displayed when running on local drives? Or perhaps it could appear if there was a delay over a certain period - how long a delay are you talking about here? :huh:

M23

Edited by Melba23
Fixed BB tags

Spoiler

I just did a test on the actual env. And it is about 4-6 seconds.

So if you old and slow like myself, it would be still fast enough, but today's user a used to "action", feedback....

Does  DrivegetDrive (network) maybe does the trick you are talking about as a trigger?

And don't dare to ask. You got a ADD button but for DELETE I need to press CTRL, right? Is a "+" and a "-" button with tooltip a better option? Just to get similar usability on add and remove? Otherwise I need to explain before calling the UDF how a file is removed.....

Edited by Tankbuster

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

Excellent idea about DriveGetDrive("NETWORK") - that should do the trick. :)

As to adding a "DELETE" button - good call. I will look at that at the same time. Are you using Vista+? Because I could then use a split button to do both. ;)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

I have added a "Delete" button for the CFF_Choose dialog - but kept the "Delete on Ctrl-DoubleClick" for CFF_Embed and deleting via the mouse. I have also added a "Just bloody wait" dialog * if the UDF is accessing a network drive - it is shown until the treeview is filled. So that should cover both your requests. :)

Try this Beta code and see what you think:

#include-once

; #INDEX# ============================================================================================================
; Title .........: ChooseFileFolder
; AutoIt Version : 3.3 +
; Language ......: English
; Description ...: Allows selection of single or multiple files and/or folders from within a specified path
; Remarks .......: - If the script already has a WM_NOTIFY handler then call the _CFF_WM_NOTIFY_Handler function
;                    from within it
;                  - Requires another Melba23 UDF: RecFileListToArray.au3
; Author ........: Melba23
; Modified ......; Thanks to guinness for help with the #*@#*%# Struct !!!!
; ====================================================================================================================

;#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7

; #INCLUDES# =========================================================================================================
#include <GuiTreeView.au3>
#include "RecFileListToArray.au3"

; #GLOBAL VARIABLES# =================================================================================================
Global $cCFF_Expand_Dummy, $cCFF_DblClk_Dummy

; #CURRENT# ==========================================================================================================
; _CFF_Choose:            Creates a dialog to chose single or multiple files or folders within a specified path
; _CFF_Embed:             Creates the folder tree within an existing treeview and optional list
; _CFF_RegMsg:            Registers WM_NOTIFY to action doubleclick and item expansion on TreeView
; _CFF_WM_NOTIFY_Handler: Windows message handler for WM_NOTIFY - reacts to doubleclick and item expansion on TreeView
; ====================================================================================================================

; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY#=================================================================================================
; _CFF_Combo_Fill:      Creates and fills a combo to allow drive selection
; _CFF_Fill_Branch:     Fills a TreeView branch with folders and files on expansion
; _CFF_Check_Display:   Checks for valid Display parameter
; _CFF_Check_Selection: Checks selection is valid
; _CFF_List_Add:        Adds item to return list

; #FUNCTION# =========================================================================================================
; Name...........: _CFF_Choose
; Description ...: Creates a dialog to chose single or multiple files or folders within a specified path
; Syntax.........: _CFF_Choose ($sTitle, $iW, $iH, $iX, $iY, [$sRoot = "", [$s_Mask = "", [$iDisplay = 0, [$iMultiple = True, [$hParent = 0]]]]])
; Parameters ....: $sTitle    - Title of dialog
;                  $iW, $iH   - Width, Height parameters for dialog (Minimum 300 x 130/190 for single/multi selections)
;                  $iX, $iY   - Left, Top parameters for dialog (Default = centred)
;                  $sRoot     - Valid path = Tree to display
;                               To show combo for drive selection:
;                                   "" (default) = All ready drives shown
;                                   List of drive letters (e.g. "cde") = Limit combo content to these drives if ready
;                                       Add "|drive letter" (e.g. "cde|d" or "|d") to display drive tree on opening
;                  $sMask     - Filter for result. Multiple filters must be separated by ";"
;                                 Use "|" to separate 3 possible sets of filters: "Include|Exclude|Exclude_Folders"
;                                   Include = Files/Folders to include (default = "*" [all])
;                                   Exclude = Files/Folders to exclude (default = "" [none])
;                                   Exclude_Folders = only used if the basic $iDisplay = 0 to exclude defined folders (default = "" [none])
;                  $iDisplay  - Determine what is displayed in the tree
;                                 0    - Entire folder tree and all matching files within folders - only files can be selected
;                                 1    - All matching files within the specified folder - subfolders are not displayed
;                                 2    - Entire folder tree only - no files.  Doubleclicks will expand, not select, item
;                                 3    - As 2 but doubleclicks will select item if it has no children
;                                 + 4  - Do not display Hidden files/folders
;                                 + 8  - Do not display System files/folders
;                                 + 16 - Both files and folders can be selected - only valid if $iDisplay set to 0
;                                 + 32 - Allow duplicate selections
;                                 + 64 - Hide file extensions (only valid if file mask specifies a single extension)
;                  $iMultiple - 0 or non-numeric = Only 1 selection (default)
;                               10-50            = Multiple selections added to list.  List size 10-50% of dialog
;                               Other numeric    = Multiple selections added to list.  List size set to 20% of dialog
;                  $hParent   - Handle of GUI calling the dialog, (default = 0 - no parent GUI)
; Requirement(s).: v3.3 +
; Return values .: Success: String containing selected items - multiple items delimited by "|"
;                  Failure: Returns "" and sets @error as follows:
;                           1 = Invalid $sRoot parameter (path does not exist or invalid drive list)
;                           2 = Invalid $iDisplay parameter
;                           3 = Invalid $hParent parameter
;                           4 = Dialog creation failure
;                           5 = Cancel button or GUI [X] pressed
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......: For multiple selection: Press "Add" or doubleclick to add item to list
;                                          Press "Delete" to delete item from list
;                                          Press "Return" when selection ended
; Example........: Yes
;=====================================================================================================================
Func _CFF_Choose($sTitle, $iW, $iH, $iX = -1, $iY = -1, $sRoot = "", $sMask = "*", $iDisplay = 0, $iMultiple = 0, $hParent = 0)

Local $fShow_Ext = True, $iHide_HS = 0, $fBoth_Selectable = False, $fDuplicates_Allowed = False, $sDrives = "", $sDefDrive = ""

; Check position
    If $iX = Default Then
        $iX = -1
    EndIf
    If $iY = Default Then
        $iY = -1
    EndIf

; Check path
    Switch $sRoot
        Case "", Default
            $sRoot = ""
        Case Else
            ; If a path
            If FileExists($sRoot) Then
                ; Add trailing \ if needed
                If StringRight($sRoot, 1) <> "\" Then
                    $sRoot &= "\"
                EndIf
            Else
                ; Check for valid drive list (cde, cde|c, |c)
                If StringRegExp($sRoot, "^[[:alpha:]]*(\|[[:alpha:]])?$") Then
                    ; Set list to uppercase
                    $sRoot = StringUpper($sRoot)
                    ; Split to look for eventual default drive
                    Local $aSplit = StringSplit($sRoot, "|")
                    ; Set required drive list
                    $sDrives = $aSplit[1]
                    ; Check for default drive
                    If $aSplit[0] = 2 Then
                        $sDefDrive = $aSplit[2]
                        ; Check if default in drive list
                        If $sDrives And Not StringInStr($sDrives, $sDefDrive) Then
                            ; Clear if not
                            $sDefDrive = ""
                        Else
                            ; Add colon
                            $sDefDrive &= ":"
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                    ; Clear root parameter to get combo displayed
                    $sRoot = ""
                Else
                    ; Not valid path or drive list
                    Return SetError(1, 0, "")
                EndIf
            EndIf
    EndSwitch

; Get array of network drives - to show indexing label if required
    Local $aNetwork_Drives = DriveGetDrive("NETWORK")
    If @error Then
        Local $aNetwork_Drives[1] = [0]
    EndIf

; Check Mask
    If $sMask = Default Then
        $sMask = "*"
    EndIf

; Extract File mask (needed for hide extension code)
    Local $aMaskSplit = StringSplit($sMask, "|")
    Local $sFile_Mask = $aMaskSplit[1]

; Check Display parameter
    $iDisplay = _CFF_Check_Display($iDisplay, $sFile_Mask, $fShow_Ext, $iHide_HS, $fBoth_Selectable, $fDuplicates_Allowed)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(2, 0, "")
    EndIf

; Check selection type and list size
    Local $fSingle_Sel = False
    Local $iList_Percent = .2
    Switch $iMultiple
        Case 0, Default
            $fSingle_Sel = True
        Case 10 To 50
            $iList_Percent = .01 * $iMultiple
    EndSwitch

; Check parent
    Switch $hParent
        Case 0
        Case Else
            If Not IsHWnd($hParent) Then Return SetError(3, 0, "")
    EndSwitch

; Check for width and height minima and set button size
    Local $iButton_Width
    If $fSingle_Sel Then
        If $iW < 130 Then $iW = 130
        $iButton_Width = Int(($iW - 30) / 2)
    Else
        If $iW < 250 Then $iW = 250
        $iButton_Width = Int(($iW - 50) / 4)
    EndIf
    If $iButton_Width > 80 Then $iButton_Width = 80
    If $iH < 300 Then $iH = 300

; Create dialog
    Local $hCFF_Win = GUICreate($sTitle, $iW, $iH, $iX, $iY, 0x80C80000, -1, $hParent) ; BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_CAPTION)
    If @error Then Return SetError(4, 0, "")
    GUISetBkColor(0xCECECE)

; Declare variables
    Local $cCan_Button, $cSel_Button = 9999, $cAdd_Button = 9999, $cDel_Button = 9999, $cRet_Button = 9999
    Local $cTreeView = 9999, $hTreeView = 9999, $cList = 9999, $cDrive_Combo = 9999
    Local $sCurrDrive = "", $sSelectedPath, $iList_Height, $iTV_Height, $sAddFile_List = ""
    Local $cItem, $hItem

; Create buttons
    If $fSingle_Sel Then
        $cSel_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Select", $iW - ($iButton_Width + 10), $iH - 40, $iButton_Width, 30)
    Else
        $cAdd_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Add", 10, $iH - 40, $iButton_Width, 30)
        $cDel_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Delete", $iButton_Width + 20, $iH - 40, $iButton_Width, 30)
        $cRet_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Return", $iW - ($iButton_Width + 10), $iH - 40, $iButton_Width, 30)
    EndIf
    $cCan_Button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", $iW - ($iButton_Width + 10) * 2, $iH - 40, $iButton_Width, 30)

; Create controls
    Select
        Case $sRoot And $fSingle_Sel ; TV only
            ; Create TV and hide
            $cTreeView = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(10, 10, $iW - 20, $iH - 60)
            $hTreeView = GUICtrlGetHandle($cTreeView)
            GUICtrlSetState(-1, 32) ; $GUI_HIDE

Case Not $sRoot And $fSingle_Sel ; Combo and TV
            ; Create and fill Combo
            $cDrive_Combo = _CFF_Combo_Fill($iW, $sDrives, $sDefDrive)
            ; Create TV and hide
            $cTreeView = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(10, 40, $iW - 20, $iH - 90)

Case $sRoot And Not $fSingle_Sel ; TV and List
            ; Calculate control heights
            $iList_Height = Int(($iH - 60) * $iList_Percent)
            If $iList_Height < 40 Then
                $iList_Height = 40
            EndIf
            $iTV_Height = $iH - $iList_Height - 60
            ; Create TV and hide
            $cTreeView = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(10, 10, $iW - 20, $iTV_Height)
            ; Create List
            $cList = GUICtrlCreateList("", 10, 10 + $iTV_Height, $iW - 20, $iList_Height, 0x00A04100) ;BitOR($WS_BORDER, $WS_VSCROLL, $LBS_NOSEL, $LBS_NOINTEGRALHEIGHT))

Case Not $sRoot And Not $fSingle_Sel ; Combo, TV and List
            ; Calculate control heights
            $iList_Height = Int(($iH - 90) * $iList_Percent)
            If $iList_Height < 40 Then
                $iList_Height = 40
            EndIf
            $iTV_Height = $iH - $iList_Height - 90
            ; Create and fill Combo
            $cDrive_Combo = _CFF_Combo_Fill($iW, $sDrives, $sDefDrive)
            ; Create TV and hide
            $cTreeView = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(10, 40, $iW - 20, $iTV_Height)
            ; Create List
            $cList = GUICtrlCreateList("", 10, 40 + $iTV_Height, $iW - 20, $iList_Height, 0x00A04100) ;BitOR($WS_BORDER, $WS_VSCROLL, $LBS_NOSEL, $LBS_NOINTEGRALHEIGHT))
    EndSelect

; Create dummy control to fire when [+] clicked
    $cCFF_Expand_Dummy = GUICtrlCreateDummy()
    ; Create dummy control to for on DblClk
    $cCFF_DblClk_Dummy = GUICtrlCreateDummy()

; Display dialog
    GUISetState()

; Set required default drive if required
    If $sDefDrive Then
        ; Set default drive as root
        $sRoot = $sDefDrive & "\"
        ; Show in combo
        GUICtrlSetData($cDrive_Combo, $sDefDrive)
    EndIf
    ; Fill tree
    If $sRoot Then
        ; If root folder specified then fill TV
        _CFF_Fill_Branch($cTreeView, $cTreeView, $sRoot, $iDisplay, $sMask, $fShow_Ext, $iHide_HS, $aNetwork_Drives)
        ; Show TV
        GUICtrlSetState($cTreeView, 16) ; $GUI_SHOW
    EndIf

; Change to MessageLoop mode
    Local $nOldOpt = Opt('GUIOnEventMode', 0)

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $cCan_Button, -3 ; $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                GUIDelete($hCFF_Win)
                ; Restore previous mode
                Opt('GUIOnEventMode', $nOldOpt)
                Return SetError(5, 0, "")

Case $cCFF_DblClk_Dummy
                ; Check doubleclick selection is permitted (not default for folders only)
                If $iDisplay = 2 Then
                    ; Not permitted
                ElseIf $iDisplay = 3 Then
                    ; Check if any children
                    $cItem = GUICtrlRead($cTreeView)
                    $hItem = GUICtrlGetHandle($cItem)
                    If _GUICtrlTreeView_GetChildCount($hTreeView, $hItem) < 1 Then
                        ; No children so selection permitted
                        ContinueCase
                    EndIf
                Else
                    ; Permitted
                    ContinueCase
                EndIf

Case $cSel_Button, $cAdd_Button
                ; Check if Ctrl pressed
                _WinAPI_GetAsyncKeyState(0x11) ; Needed to avoid double setting
                If _WinAPI_GetAsyncKeyState(0x11) Then
                    ; Run delete code
                    ContinueCase
                EndIf
                ; Get item data
                ; Determine item path
                $sSelectedPath = $sRoot & StringReplace(_GUICtrlTreeView_GetTree($hTreeView, $hItem), "|", "\")
                ; Check path is a valid selection
                $sSelectedPath = _CFF_Check_Selection($iDisplay, $sSelectedPath, $fBoth_Selectable, $fShow_Ext, $sFile_Mask)
                If $sSelectedPath Then
                    ; Valid item selected
                    If $fSingle_Sel Then
                        GUIDelete($hCFF_Win)
                        ; Restore previous mode
                        ; Return valid path
                        Return $sSelectedPath
                    Else
                        $sAddFile_List = _CFF_List_Add($sAddFile_List, $sSelectedPath, $cList, $fDuplicates_Allowed, $cTreeView)
                    EndIf
                EndIf

Case $cDel_Button
                ; Get item data
                ; Determine item path
                $sSelectedPath = $sRoot & StringReplace(_GUICtrlTreeView_GetTree($hTreeView, $hItem), "|", "\")
                $sSelectedPath = _CFF_Check_Selection($iDisplay, $sSelectedPath, $fBoth_Selectable, $fShow_Ext, $sFile_Mask)
                If $sSelectedPath Then
                    ; Valid item selected
                    $sAddFile_List = _CFF_List_Del($sAddFile_List, $sSelectedPath, $cList, $cTreeView)
                EndIf

Case $cRet_Button
                GUIDelete($hCFF_Win)
                ; Restore previous mode
                ; Remove final | from return string and return
                Return StringTrimRight($sAddFile_List, 1)

Case $cCFF_Expand_Dummy
                ; Get expanded item hamdle
                $hItem = GUICtrlRead($cCFF_Expand_Dummy)
                If $hItem Then
                    ; Select item
                    _GUICtrlTreeView_ClickItem($hTreeView, $hItem)
                    ; Get expanded item data
                    $sSelectedPath = $sRoot & StringReplace(_GUICtrlTreeView_GetTree($cTreeView, $hItem), "|", "\")
                    ; Check if dummy child exists or has already been filled
                    Local $hFirstChild = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetFirstChild($hTreeView, $hItem)
                    Local $sFirstChild = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetText($hTreeView, $hFirstChild)
                    ; If dummy child exists
                    If $sFirstChild = "" Then
                        ; Fill with content
                        _CFF_Fill_Branch($cTreeView, $cItem, $sSelectedPath, $iDisplay, $sMask, $fShow_Ext, $iHide_HS, $aNetwork_Drives)
                        ; Delete the dummy
                        _GUICtrlTreeView_Delete($hTreeView, $hFirstChild)
                        ;Else
                        ; Either already filled or empty
                    EndIf
                    ; Clear the flag to reactivate the handler
                    GUICtrlSendToDummy($cCFF_Expand_Dummy, 0)
                EndIf

Case $cDrive_Combo
                If GUICtrlRead($cDrive_Combo) <> $sCurrDrive Then
                    ; Get drive chosen
                    $sCurrDrive = GUICtrlRead($cDrive_Combo)
                    If $sRoot Then
                        ; Delete current content
                        _GUICtrlTreeView_DeleteAll($hTreeView)
                    Else
                        ; Show TV
                        GUICtrlSetState($cTreeView, 16) ; $GUI_SHOW
                    EndIf
                    ; Set root path
                    $sRoot = $sCurrDrive & "\"
                    ; Fill TV
                    _CFF_Fill_Branch($cTreeView, $cTreeView, $sRoot, $iDisplay, $sMask, $fShow_Ext, $iHide_HS, $aNetwork_Drives)
                EndIf

EndSwitch

WEnd

EndFunc   ;==>_CFF_Choose

; #FUNCTION# =========================================================================================================
; Name...........: _CFF_Embed
; Description ...: Creates the folder tree within an existing treeview and optional list
; Syntax.........: _CFF_Embed ($cTreeView, $sRoot[, $sMask = "*"[, $iDisplay = 0[, $cReturn = 0[, $cList = 0]]])
; Parameters ....: $cTreeView   - Handle/ControlID of TreeView to use
;                  $sRoot       - Path tree to display
;                  $sMask       - Filter for result. Multiple filters must be separated by ";"
;                                 Use "|" to separate 3 possible sets of filters: "Include|Exclude|Exclude_Folders"
;                                   Include = Files/Folders to include (default = "*" [all])
;                                   Exclude = Files/Folders to exclude (default = "" [none])
;                                   Exclude_Folders = only used if the basic $iDisplay = 0 to exclude defined folders (default = "" [none])
;                  $iDisplay    - Determine what is displayed in the tree
;                                 0    - Entire folder tree and all matching files within folders - only files can be selected
;                                 1    - All matching files within the specified folder - subfolders are not displayed
;                                 2    - Entire folder tree only - no files.  Doubleclicks will expand, not select, item
;                                 3    - As 2 but doubleclicks will select item if it has no children
;                                 + 4  - Do not display Hidden files/folders
;                                 + 8  - Do not display System files/folders
;                                 + 16 - Both files and folders cab be selected - only valid if $iDisplay set to 0
;                                 + 32 - Allow duplicate selections
;                                 + 64 - Hide file extensions (only valid if file mask specifies a single extension)
;                  $cReturn     - Set single/multiple selection
;                                 0 -  Single selection (default).  Doubleclick returns item - @extended set to 0
;                                 1  - Multiple selection.  Doubleclick adds item to return string
;                                 Valid ControlID - Control to action to end multiple selection - @extended set to 0
;                  $cList       - [Optional] ControlID of list to fill with multiple selections
; Return values .: Success: Single selection = String containing selected item
;                           Multi selection  = String of selected items delimited by "|"
;                  Failure: Returns "" and sets @error as follows:
;                           1 = Invalid TreeView ControlID
;                           2 = Path does not exist
;                           3 = Invalid $iDisplay parameter
;                           4 = Invalid $cList ControlID
;                           5 = Invalid or missing $cReturn ControlID
;                           6 = Empty tree
;                           7 = Esc pressed to exit
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......: - If files are displayed, only files can be selected
;                  - Press ESC to cancel selection
;                  - Press Enter to return current selection - @extended set to 1
;                  - Pressing CTRL while selecting deletes last instance of item from selection
;=====================================================================================================================
Func _CFF_Embed($cTreeView, $sRoot, $sMask = "*", $iDisplay = 0, $cReturn = 0, $cList = 0)

Local $fSingle_Sel, $hTreeView, $cItem, $hItem, $sSelectedPath, $sAddFile_List = ""
    Local $fShow_Ext = True, $iHide_HS = 0, $fBoth_Selectable = False, $fDuplicates_Allowed = False

; Check treeview type
    Local $fNative_TV = True
    If IsHWnd($cTreeView) Then
        $hTreeView = $cTreeView
        $fNative_TV = False
    Else
        If Not IsHWnd(GUICtrlGetHandle($cTreeView)) Then
            Return SetError(1, 0, "")
        Else
        EndIf
    EndIf

; Check path
    If Not FileExists($sRoot) Then
        Return SetError(2, 0, "")
    EndIf
    If StringRight($sRoot, 1) <> "\" Then
        $sRoot &= "\"
    EndIf

; Get array of network drives
    Local $aNetwork_Drives = DriveGetDrive("NETWORK")
    If @error Then
        Local $aNetwork_Drives[1] = [0]
    EndIf

; Check Mask
    If $sMask = Default Then
        $sMask = "*"
    EndIf

; Extract File mask (needed for hide extension code)
    Local $sFile_Mask = $aMaskSplit[1]

; Check Display parameter
    $iDisplay = _CFF_Check_Display($iDisplay, $sFile_Mask, $fShow_Ext, $iHide_HS, $fBoth_Selectable, $fDuplicates_Allowed)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(3, 0, "")
    EndIf

; Check return control
    Switch $cReturn
        Case 0
            ; Single select
            $fSingle_Sel = True
            ; Prevent from firing
            $cReturn = 9999
        Case Else
            ; Multi select
            $fSingle_Sel = False
            ; Check if valid ControlID
            If Not IsHWnd(GUICtrlGetHandle($cReturn)) Then
                ; Prevent from firing
                $cReturn = 9999
            EndIf
    EndSwitch

; If list passed check if valid ControlID
    If $cList And Not IsHWnd(GUICtrlGetHandle($cList)) Then
        Return SetError(5, 0, "")
    EndIf

; Fill treeview
    If Not _CFF_Fill_Branch($cTreeView, $cTreeView, $sRoot, $iDisplay, $sMask, $fShow_Ext, $iHide_HS, $aNetwork_Drives) Then
        Return SetError(6, 0, "")
    EndIf

; Create dummy controls to fire when
    $cCFF_Expand_Dummy = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ; fires when [+] clicked
    $cCFF_DblClk_Dummy = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ; fires on DblClk
    Local $cRet_Dummy = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ; fires on ENTER
    Local $cEsc_Dummy = GUICtrlCreateDummy() ; fires on ESC
    ; Create accel key array
    Local $aAccelKeys[2][2] = [["{ENTER}", $cRet_Dummy],["{ESC}", $cEsc_Dummy]]
    ; Set accel keys
    GUISetAccelerators($aAccelKeys)

; Change to MessageLoop mode
    Local $nOldOpt = Opt('GUIOnEventMode', 0)

; Clear flag for Ret key pressed
    Local $iRet_Pressed = 0

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()

Case $cRet_Dummy
                ; Set flag
                $iRet_Pressed = 1
                If $fSingle_Sel Then
                    ; Read selected item
                    $hItem = GUICtrlGetHandle(GUICtrlRead($cTreeView))
                    If $hItem Then
                        ; Determine item path
                        $sAddFile_List = $sRoot & StringReplace(_GUICtrlTreeView_GetTree($hTreeView, $hItem), "|", "\")
                        Switch $iDisplay
                            Case 2
                                ; Folders only
                            Case Else
                                ; Files only
                                StringReplace(FileGetAttrib($sAddFile_List), "D", "")
                                ; Is it a folder?
                                If @extended Then
                                    $sAddFile_List = ""
                                EndIf
                                ; Hide extension?
                                If $fShow_Ext = False Then
                                    $sAddFile_List &= StringTrimLeft($sFile_Mask, 1)
                                EndIf
                        EndSwitch
                    EndIf
                    ; Else
                    ; $sAddFile_List already filled
                EndIf
                ContinueCase

Case $cReturn
                ; Clear treeview and list
                _GUICtrlTreeView_DeleteAll($cTreeView)
                GUICtrlSetData($cList, "|")
                ; Restore previous mode
                ; Cancel Accel keys
                GUISetAccelerators(0)
                ; Return list of files selected
                Return SetError(0, $iRet_Pressed, $sAddFile_List)

Case $cCFF_DblClk_Dummy
                ; Clear flag
                Local $fPermit = False
                ; Check doubleclick selection is permitted (not default for folders only)
                If $iDisplay = 2 Then
                    ; Not permitted
                ElseIf $iDisplay = 3 Then
                    ; Check if any children
                    If _GUICtrlTreeView_GetChildCount($hTreeView, $hItem) < 1 Then
                        ; No children so selection permitted
                        $fPermit = True
                    EndIf
                Else
                    ; Permitted
                    $fPermit = True
                EndIf
                ; If selection permitted
                If $fPermit Then
                    ; Get item data
                    If $fNative_TV Then
                        $hItem = GUICtrlGetHandle(GUICtrlRead($cTreeView))
                    Else
                        $hItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetSelection($hTreeView)
                    EndIf
                    ; Determine item path
                    If $sSelectedPath Then
                        ; Valid item selected
                        If $fSingle_Sel Then
                            ; Clear treeview
                            ; Restore previous mode
                            ; Cancel Accel keys
                            GUISetAccelerators(0)
                            ; Return valid path
                            Return $sSelectedPath
                        Else
                            ; Check if Ctrl pressed
                            _WinAPI_GetAsyncKeyState(0x11) ; Needed to avoid double setting
                            If _WinAPI_GetAsyncKeyState(0x11) Then
                                $sAddFile_List = _CFF_List_Del($sAddFile_List, $sSelectedPath, $cList, $cTreeView)
                            Else
                                $sAddFile_List = _CFF_List_Add($sAddFile_List, $sSelectedPath, $cList, $fDuplicates_Allowed, $cTreeView)
                            EndIf
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                EndIf

Case $cCFF_Expand_Dummy
                ; Get expanded item hamdle
                $hItem = GUICtrlRead($cCFF_Expand_Dummy)
                If $hItem Then
                    ; Select item
                    _GUICtrlTreeView_ClickItem($hTreeView, $hItem)
                    ; Get expanded item data
                    If $fNative_TV Then
                    Else
                        $hItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetSelection($hTreeView)
                        $cItem = $hItem
                    EndIf
                    $sSelectedPath = $sRoot & StringReplace(_GUICtrlTreeView_GetTree($cTreeView, $hItem), "|", "\")
                    ; Check if dummy child exists or has already been filled
                    Local $hFirstChild = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetFirstChild($hTreeView, $hItem)
                    Local $sFirstChild = _GUICtrlTreeView_GetText($hTreeView, $hFirstChild)
                    ; If dummy child exists
                    If $sFirstChild = "" Then
                        ; Fill with content
                        _CFF_Fill_Branch($cTreeView, $cItem, $sSelectedPath, $iDisplay, $sMask, $fShow_Ext, $iHide_HS, $aNetwork_Drives)
                        ; Delete the dummy
                        _GUICtrlTreeView_Delete($hTreeView, $hFirstChild)
                        ;Else
                        ; Either already filled or empty
                    EndIf
                    ; Clear the flag to reactivate the handler
                    GUICtrlSendToDummy($cCFF_Expand_Dummy, 0)
                EndIf

Case $cEsc_Dummy
                ; Clear treeview and list
                GUICtrlSetData($cList, "|")
                ; Restore previous mode
                ; Cancel Accel keys
                GUISetAccelerators(0)
                ; Return
                Return SetError(7, 0, "")

EndSwitch

WEnd

EndFunc   ;==>_CFF_Embed

; Name...........: _CFF_RegMsg
; Description ...: Registers WM_NOTIFY to action doubleclick and item expansion on TreeView
; Syntax.........: _CFF_RegMsg()
; Parameteres....: None
; Return values .: Success: 1
;                  Failure: 0
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......: If the script already has a WM_NOTIFY handler then call the _CFF_WM_NOTIFY_Handler function
;                  from within it
Func _CFF_RegMsg()

Return GUIRegisterMsg(0x004E, "_CFF_WM_NOTIFY_Handler") ; $WM_NOTIFY

EndFunc   ;==>_CFF_RegMsg

; Name...........: _CFF_WM_NOTIFY_Handler
; Description ...: Windows message handler for WM_NOTIFY - reacts to doubleclick and item expansion on TreeView
; Syntax.........: _CFF_WM_NOTIFY_Handler($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
; Return values..: None
; Author ........: Melba23 - thanks to guinness for help with the #*@#*%# Struct !!!!
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......: If a WM_NOTIFY handler already registered, then call this function from within that handler
Func _CFF_WM_NOTIFY_Handler($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)

#forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam

; Create NMTREEVIEW structure
    Local $tStruct = DllStructCreate("struct;hwnd hWndFrom;uint_ptr IDFrom;INT Code;endstruct;" & _
            "uint Action;struct;uint OldMask;handle OldhItem;uint OldState;uint OldStateMask;" & _
            "ptr OldText;int OldTextMax;int OldImage;int OldSelectedImage;int OldChildren;lparam OldParam;endstruct;" & _
            "struct;uint NewMask;handle NewhItem;uint NewState;uint NewStateMask;" & _
            "ptr NewText;int NewTextMax;int NewImage;int NewSelectedImage;int NewChildren;lparam NewParam;endstruct;" & _
            "struct;long PointX;long PointY;endstruct", $lParam)
    Local $hItem = DllStructGetData($tStruct, 'NewhItem')
    Local $ID = DllStructGetData($tStruct, 'Code')
    Switch $ID
        Case 0xFFFFFFFD ; $NM_DBLCLK
            ; Fire the dummy control
            GUICtrlSendToDummy($cCFF_DblClk_Dummy)
        Case $TVN_ITEMEXPANDEDW, $TVN_ITEMEXPANDEDA
            ; Check that expansion is not ongoing
            If GUICtrlRead($cCFF_Expand_Dummy) = 0 Then
                ; Fire the dummy control
                GUICtrlSendToDummy($cCFF_Expand_Dummy, $hItem)
            EndIf
    EndSwitch

EndFunc   ;==>_CFF_WM_NOTIFY_Handler

; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY# ===========================================================================================================
; Name...........: _CFF_Combo_Fill
; Description ...: Creates and fills a combo to allow drive selection.
; Remarks .......:
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _CFF_Combo_Fill($iW, $sDrives, ByRef $sDefDrive)

Local $iInset = Int(($iW - 170) / 2), $aDrives

GUICtrlCreateLabel("Select Drive:", 10 + $iInset, 15, 65, 20)
    Local $cCombo = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 75 + $iInset, 10, 50, 20)

; Create drive array
    If $sDrives Then
        ; Use specified drive list
        $aDrives = StringSplit($sDrives, "")
        For $i = 1 To $aDrives[0]
            $aDrives[$i] &= ":"
        Next
    Else
        ; If no drives specified then list all
        $aDrives = DriveGetDrive("ALL")
    EndIf
    ; Add drives to combo
    For $i = 1 To $aDrives[0]
        ; Only display ready drives
        If DriveStatus($aDrives[$i] & '\') == "READY" Then
            GUICtrlSetData($cCombo, StringUpper($aDrives[$i]))
        Else
            ; If default drive not ready
            If $sDefDrive = $aDrives[$i] Then
                ; Clear it
                $sDefDrive = ""
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
    Return $cCombo

EndFunc   ;==>_CFF_Combo_Fill

; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY# ===========================================================================================================
; Name...........: _CFF_Fill_Branch
; Description ...: Fills a TreeView branch with folders and files on expansion
; Remarks .......:
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _CFF_Fill_Branch($cTV, $cParent, $sPath, $iDisplay, $sMask, $fShow_Ext, $iHide_HS, $aNetwork_Drives)

Local $hTV, $sFolder_Mask, $sItem, $cItem, $hSearch, $fFound = False

; Check if network drive
    Local $sDrive = StringLeft($sPath, 2)
    For $i = 1 To $aNetwork_Drives[0]
        If $aNetwork_Drives[$i] = $sDrive Then
            Local $aTV_Pos = WinGetPos(GUICtrlGetHandle($cTV))
            SplashTextOn("", "Indexing from" & @CRLF &  "Network drive..." & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Please be patient", $aTV_Pos[2], $aTV_Pos[3], $aTV_Pos[0], $aTV_Pos[1], 33)
        EndIf
    Next

; Check if native or UDF TV
    Local $fNative_TV = True
    If IsHWnd($cTV) Then
        $fNative_TV = False
        $hTV = $cTV
    Else
        $hTV = GUICtrlGetHandle($cTV)
    EndIf

; Force path with trailing \
    If StringRight($sPath, 1) <> "\" Then
        $sPath &= "\"
    EndIf

; Expand TV
    _GUICtrlTreeView_BeginUpdate($hTV)
    ; Search for folders if required
    Switch $iDisplay
        Case 0, 2, 3
            ; Set mask for folder search
            $sFolder_Mask = $sMask ; This is valid for folder only search
            If $iDisplay = 0 Then ; For file and folder search look for a folder_Exclude parameter
                If $aMaskSplit[0] = 3 Then
                    ; And use it if found
                    $sFolder_Mask = "*|" & $aMaskSplit[3]
                Else
                    $sFolder_Mask = "*"
                EndIf
            EndIf
            ; Now list folders
            Local $aContent = _RecFileListToArray($sPath, $sFolder_Mask, 2 + $iHide_HS, 0, 1, 1)
            If IsArray($aContent) Then
                For $i = 1 To $aContent[0]
                    ; Remove trailing \ if needed
                    $sItem = $aContent[$i]
                    If StringRight($sItem, 1) = "\" Then
                        $sItem = StringTrimRight($sItem, 1)
                    EndIf
                    ; Create item
                    If $fNative_TV Then
                        $cItem = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem($sItem, $cParent)
                    Else
                        ; Use correct function depending on TV type
                        If $cParent = $hTV Then
                            $cItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_Add($hTV, $cParent, $sItem)
                        Else
                            $cItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild($hTV, $cParent, $sItem)
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                    ; Look for content within the folder
                    FileChangeDir($sPath & $aContent[$i])
                    $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile("*.*")
                    ; If there is something
                    If $hSearch <> -1 Then
                        ; Set flag
                        $fFound = True
                        ; Need to determine type of content?
                        Switch $iDisplay
                            Case 0 ; Either folder or file
                                ; Create dummy child to force [+] display
                                If $fNative_TV Then
                                    GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem("", $cItem)
                                Else
                                    _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild($hTV, $cItem, "")
                                EndIf
                            Case Else
                                While 1
                                    FileFindNextFile($hSearch)
                                    ; End of content
                                    If @error Then ExitLoop
                                    Local $iExtended = @extended
                                    Switch $iDisplay
                                        Case 1 ; Files only
                                            If Not $iExtended Then
                                                ; Found file
                                                If $fNative_TV Then
                                                Else
                                                EndIf
                                                ; No need to look further
                                                ExitLoop
                                            EndIf
                                        Case Else ; Folders only
                                            If $iExtended Then
                                                ; Found folder
                                                If $fNative_TV Then
                                                Else
                                                EndIf
                                                ; No need to look further
                                                ExitLoop
                                            EndIf
                                    EndSwitch
                                WEnd
                                ; Close search
                                FileClose($hSearch)
                        EndSwitch
                    EndIf
                    FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir)
                Next
            EndIf
    EndSwitch
    ; Search for files if required
    Switch $iDisplay
        Case 0, 1
            ; List files
            $aContent = _RecFileListToArray($sPath, $sMask, 1 + $iHide_HS, 0, 1)
            If IsArray($aContent) Then
                ; Set flag
                $fFound = True
                For $i = 1 To $aContent[0]
                    $sItem = $aContent[$i]
                    ; Remove extension if required
                    If Not $fShow_Ext Then
                        $sItem = StringRegExpReplace($sItem, "(.*)\..*", "$1")
                    EndIf
                    ; Create item
                    If $fNative_TV Then
                        GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem($sItem, $cParent)
                    Else
                        ; Use correct function depending on TV type
                        If $cParent = $hTV Then
                            $cItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_Add($hTV, $cParent, $sItem)
                        Else
                            $cItem = _GUICtrlTreeView_AddChild($hTV, $cParent, $sItem)
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                Next
            EndIf
    EndSwitch
    _GUICtrlTreeView_EndUpdate($hTV)

; Hide Splash if used
    SplashOff()

Return $fFound

EndFunc   ;==>_CFF_Fill_Branch

; Name...........: _CFF_Check_Display
; Description ...: Checks for valid Dispaly parameter
; Remarks .......:
Func _CFF_Check_Display($iDisplay, $sFile_Mask, ByRef $fShow_Ext, ByRef $iHide_HS, ByRef $fBoth_Selectable, ByRef $fDuplicates_Allowed)

; Show hidden and system files
    If BitAND($iDisplay, 4) Then
        $iHide_HS += 4
        $iDisplay -= 4
    EndIf
    If BitAND($iDisplay, 8) Then
        $iHide_HS += 8
        $iDisplay -= 8
    EndIf
    ; Both files and folders selectable
    If BitAND($iDisplay, 16) Then
        $fBoth_Selectable = True
        $iDisplay -= 16
    EndIf
    ; Allow duplicate selections
    If BitAND($iDisplay, 32) Then
        $fDuplicates_Allowed = True
        $iDisplay -= 32
    EndIf
    ; Hide file extensions?
    If BitAND($iDisplay, 64) Then
        $iDisplay -= 64
        ; Check that only one ext is specified
        StringReplace($sFile_Mask, ";", "")
        Local $iExt = @extended
        If $sFile_Mask <> "*.*" And $iExt = 0 Then
            ; File exts hidden
            $fShow_Ext = False
        EndIf
    EndIf
    ; Check valid parameter
    Switch $iDisplay
        Case 0 To 3
            Return $iDisplay
        Case Else
            Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndSwitch

EndFunc

; Name...........: _CFF_Check_Valid
; Description ...: Checks selection is valid
; Remarks .......:
Func _CFF_Check_Selection($iDisplay, $sSelectedPath, $fBoth_Selectable, $fShow_Ext, $sFile_Mask)

Switch $iDisplay
        Case 0 ; Files and folders displayed
            ; Is it a folder?
            Local $fFolder = False
            StringReplace(FileGetAttrib($sSelectedPath), "D", "")
            If @extended Then
                $fFolder = True
            EndIf
            ; Both selectable?
            If $fBoth_Selectable Then
                If $fFolder Then
                    $sSelectedPath &= "\"
                Else
                    ; Check as a file
                    ContinueCase
                EndIf
            Else ; Only files can be selected
                If $fFolder Then
                    $sSelectedPath = ""
                Else
                    ContinueCase
                EndIf
            EndIf
        Case 1 ; Only files displayed
            ; Hide extension?
            If $fShow_Ext = False Then
                $sSelectedPath &= StringTrimLeft($sFile_Mask, 1)
            EndIf
            ;Case 2, 3 ; Only folders displayed
    EndSwitch

Return $sSelectedPath

EndFunc

; Name...........: _CFF_List_Add
; Description ...: Adds item to return list
; Remarks .......:
Func _CFF_List_Add($sAddFile_List, $sSelectedPath, $cList, $fDuplicates_Allowed, $cTreeView)

; Check for existing instance in list
    If StringInStr($sAddFile_List, $sSelectedPath & "|") Then
        ; If duplicates are allowed
        If $fDuplicates_Allowed Then
            ; Add to return string
            $sAddFile_List &= $sSelectedPath & "|"
            ; Add to onscreen list
            GUICtrlSendMsg($cList, 0x0180, 0, $sSelectedPath) ; $LB_ADDSTRING
        EndIf
    Else
        ; Add to return string
        $sAddFile_List &= $sSelectedPath & "|"
        ; Add to onscreen list
        GUICtrlSendMsg($cList, 0x0180, 0, $sSelectedPath) ; $LB_ADDSTRING
    EndIf
    ; Scroll to bottom of list
    GUICtrlSendMsg($cList, 0x197, GUICtrlSendMsg($cList, 0x18B, 0, 0) - 1, 0) ; $LB_SETTOPINDEX, $LB_GETCOUNT
    ; Return focus to TV
    GUICtrlSetState($cTreeView, 256) ; $GUI_FOCUS

Return $sAddFile_List

EndFunc

; Name...........: _CFF_List_Del
; Description ...: Deletes item from return list
; Remarks .......:
Func _CFF_List_Del($sAddFile_List, $sSelectedPath, $cList, $cTreeView)

; Check for existing instance in list
    If StringInStr($sAddFile_List, $sSelectedPath & "|") Then
        ; Delete last instance of item
        $sAddFile_List = StringReplace($sAddFile_List, $sSelectedPath & "|", "", -1)
        ; Replace list content with new list
        GUICtrlSetData($cList, "|" & $sAddFile_List)
    EndIf
    ; Scroll to bottom of list
    GUICtrlSendMsg($cList, 0x197, GUICtrlSendMsg($cList, 0x18B, 0, 0) - 1, 0) ; $LB_SETTOPINDEX, $LB_GETCOUNT
    ; Return focus to TV
    GUICtrlSetState($cTreeView, 256) ; $GUI_FOCUS

Return $sAddFile_List

EndFunc
Comments from anyone else also welcome of course! :)

M23

* Not really - although I was tempted. :whistle:

Spoiler

Wonderful "wait" dialog -- great job - "bloody wait" ---- maybe add it as easter egg on Halloween round midnight :-)

The DELETE button looks nice. But It work snot as close as I thought:

Working:

ADD file 1

ADD file 2

REMOVE button

(File 2 is gone)

REMOVE button

(nothing happens)

I would like to have (yes, show me the little finger and I take the complete arm  :-) )

If no file is selected in the selection box, remove always the last entry. If a file is selected in the list box, remove the file selected.....

And I use Vista+ (= Windows 7) - what's the name of the other 12 year old OS again ?

So I'm open for "new" style.

• Moderators

Tankbuster,

At the moment you add or delete the file selected in the TreeView - adding the ability to select and delete files from the list would complicate the code horribly and is, in my opinion, a step too far. You will have to put up with the arm only as far as the elbow! :D

I was considering a split button, but I have gone with the additional button as it meant less code. Just for interest, you can see what they look like here:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiButton.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiMenu.au3>

Global $hButton_1, $hButton_2, $hButton_1_Handle

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $hGUI

$hGUI = GUICreate("Buttons", 400, 400)

$hButton_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Initial 1", 10, 10, 120, 30, $BS_SPLITBUTTON)
    $hButton_1_Handle = GUICtrlGetHandle(-1)
    $hButton_2 = _GUICtrlButton_Create($hGUI, "Initial 1", 270, 10, 120, 30, $BS_SPLITBUTTON)
    _GUICtrlButton_SetSplitInfo($hButton_2) ; puts icon to left

GUISetState()

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_COMMAND, "WM_COMMAND")
    GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY")

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop
            Case $hButton_1
                ConsoleWrite("Button 1 Pressed - " & GUICtrlRead($hButton_1) & @CRLF)
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

Exit

EndFunc   ;==>_Main

Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)

#forceref $hWnd, $Msg, $wParam

Local $tNMBHOTITEM = DllStructCreate("hwnd hWndFrom;int IDFrom;int Code;dword dwFlags", $lParam)
    Local $nNotifyCode = DllStructGetData($tNMBHOTITEM, "Code")
    ;Local $nID = DllStructGetData($tNMBHOTITEM, "IDFrom")
    Local $hCtrl = DllStructGetData($tNMBHOTITEM, "hWndFrom")
    ;Local $dwFlags = DllStructGetData($tNMBHOTITEM, "dwFlags")

Switch $nNotifyCode
        Case $BCN_DROPDOWN
            _Popup_Menu($hCtrl)
    EndSwitch

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

EndFunc   ;==>WM_NOTIFY

Func _Popup_Menu($hCtrl)

Local Enum $iOption_1 = 1000, $iOption_2
    Local $hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup()
    _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, "Disable", $iOption_1)
    _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 1, "Enable", $iOption_2)
    Switch _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $hCtrl, -1, -1, 1, 1, 2)
        Case $iOption_1
            Switch $hCtrl
                Case $hButton_1_Handle
                    ConsoleWrite("Button 1 - Option 1" & @CRLF)
                    GUICtrlSetData($hButton_1, "Option 1")
                    _GUICtrlButton_Enable($hButton_2, False) ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                Case $hButton_2
                    ConsoleWrite("Button 2 - Option 1" & @CRLF)
                    _GUICtrlButton_SetText($hButton_2, "Option 1")
                    GUICtrlSetState($hButton_1, $GUI_DISABLE) ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
            EndSwitch
        Case $iOption_2
            Switch $hCtrl
                Case $hButton_1_Handle
                    ConsoleWrite("Button 1 - Option 2" & @CRLF)
                    GUICtrlSetData($hButton_1, "Option 2")
                    _GUICtrlButton_Enable($hButton_2, True) ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                Case $hButton_2
                    ConsoleWrite("Button 2 - Option 2" & @CRLF)
                    _GUICtrlButton_SetText($hButton_2, "Option 2")
                    GUICtrlSetState($hButton_1, $GUI_ENABLE) ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch
    _GUICtrlMenu_DestroyMenu($hMenu)

EndFunc   ;==>_Popup_Menu

; React on a button click
Func WM_COMMAND($hWnd, $Msg, $wParam, $lParam)

#forceref $hWnd, $Msg

Local $nNotifyCode = BitShift($wParam, 16)
    ;Local $nID = BitAND($wParam, 0x0000FFFF)
    Local $hCtrl = $lParam
    Local $sText = ""
    Switch $hCtrl
        Case $hButton_2
            Switch $nNotifyCode
                Case $BN_CLICKED
                    $sText = "Button 2 Clicked - " & _GUICtrlButton_GetText($hButton_2)
            EndSwitch
    EndSwitch

If $sText <> "" Then ConsoleWrite($sText & @CRLF)

Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG

EndFunc   ;==>WM_COMMAND
I will release a new version soon - keep your eyes open. :)

M23

Spoiler

The buttons looks very interesting and space saving.

Can't wait to see it in the UDF with "my" selectable file remover.....yes I still believe in fairies . Aren't those the little persons that code for you ? :sorcerer:

But it is ok. I could do it with the result. It does not ruin anything I created. So thx at least for thing about it. :thumbsup:

• Moderators

New version 3 Aug 13

Added:

- 1. Passing a filename as the $sRoot parameter opens the tree in the folder containing the file with the file highlighted as the default selection. Thanks to jmon for the suggestion (even if he ignored the Beta I posted). :P

-2. For multiple selections when using CFF_Choose there is now an "Add" and a "Delete" button which act on the selected item - double-clicking on a TreeView item will still add (or delete if Ctrl is pressed) the item. In CFF_EMBED double-clicking remains the only way to add or delete items. Thanks again to Tankbuster for the suggestion - even if this change does not go quite as far as he originally requested. ;)

New examples and UDF in the first post. :)

M23

Spoiler

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Hi,

I have been working on a version of the UDF that makes sure that the files in an opened folder are visible if only files can be selected. It seemed logical to me to emphasise the files if they were the only thing selectable - several other apps I use do the same thing. Obviously this means that you have to scroll around a bit more if the file you want is deeper in the tree, but I think it is a price worth paying.

Here is the modifed UDF and an example script:

Any comments welcome. :)

M23

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Tankbuster,

The "little fairy people" who code for me (see post #77 above) have been asked to realise your wish to be able to delete items directly from the "selected" list. So try this version and see if it meets with your approval:

In "Choose" mode you add by double clicking a TreeView item or selecting an item and using the "Add" button - you delete by selecting the item in either the TreeView or the list and then pressing "Delete". In "Embed" mode you still need to doubleclick the item in the TreeView to add and doubleclick with Ctrl pressed to delete as the list is not part of the UDF. :)

Good enough - or do you want even more? :P

M23

P.S. Comments from anyone else welcome of course. :)

Edited by Melba23

Spoiler