inputbox

I have a compiled script from 2/2008 which works fine, compiled under whatever the release was at that time.

Went to modify the script today, using 3.3.6.1; and was surprised to find that the InputBox() commands no longer appear, but

functionally appear to no-op. That is, my inputbox() commands that are nested inside an infinite loop that can only be broken out of

with proper user input are now simply infinite loops.

I researched the "script breaking changes" link for v3 (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/script_breaking_changes.htm)

and there was no mention of inputbox anywhere that I could find.

The only change reference I could find related to the default location for inputbox display on multi-monitor setups.

this line does not create an input box on 3.3.6.1 ; but did back in the day when it was compiled.

$minimum_dollar_amount_to_include = InputBox("Minimum Dollar Amount To Include", "Please Enter a Dollar Threshold.  Categories with total receipts less than this threshold will be ignored.  Default is All Categories Included.", 0, " ", "-1", "-1", "-1", "-1", "30")
Edited by flyingboz

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

It was never documented that -1 equals default. Therefore it's not breaking change.

Umm. That seems a mighty thin hair to split. If code compiles / works as expected under version A, then fails to do so under version A+1 , that, in the world of what's real, is a script-breaking change.

Just did another search for "default" in the script breaking changes log, and there is no indication in the "Script Breaking Changes" documentation that the Default keyword was now required, instead of having allowed aliases. Of course, if sophistry and semantics such as that indicated above ("changes that break scripts aren't script breaking changes"), then any further rational discussion is unlikely.

Obviously, I will make the indicated changes to unbreak my broken script; and I appreciate the prompt response.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Wasnt here in 2008, but were those w,h,l,r params really strigs back then?

haven't looked at the internals, but they weren't they were (obviously) cast to values which yielded expected functionality.