hardware specs finder

kiboost

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to find some underground hardware specs with autoit. I need that to automate this process on several machines, to generate text file reports to plan some hardware updates.

What I absolutely need is :

- Ram installed specification (speed, cas)

- how many ram installed (size, how many pieces)

- how many ram slot on the motherboard (so with previous one, I can see if there is empty ram slots or not)

I know speccy and such tool can find them, but they are all GUI based. I didn't find anything like that in command line. I've become to search on some bios reader utility (dmidecode and such) but still not found how to get these informations, specially ram slots on motherboard (So I know if they are all full or I have some empty one).

If any of you have any idea or advice, I would be really thankfull.

Kib

Win7 pro x64. scripts compiled to x64. - Autoit v3.3.6.1 | Scite 1.79

Hello kiboost,

you could try catching these informatins via WMI. There's a good tool (Thanks to SvenP) on the forum (Example Scripts) that can be used to browse the WMI capabilities:

With WMI you can find the type of memory (It returns the type e.g. 21 for DDR2) and the number of devices installed.

How many slots you have on the mainboard you have you need to investigate through the tool.

I think this guides you to the right direction.

Regards,

Hannes

:)

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

Thanks Hannes, this script can access a lot of stuff, indeed. But not all information I need. I can have same informations with dmidecode.exe anyway.

I've finnally found SIW technician which is a full system information tool, and it works with command line ! I've just bought it and tested some batches, works nice ! So I generate xml files, and will just have to parse my xmls with autoit to display all informations I need for all machines.

http://www.gtopala.com/siw-command-line.php

Win7 pro x64. scripts compiled to x64. - Autoit v3.3.6.1 | Scite 1.79