V3 Question (RIFT BOT)

drizzlx

Hello V3 forum, I have been working with visual basic a little while now and just discovered V3. Although I don't fully understand it's features just yet, I have printed out the 55 page information guide and am studying diligently. My focus is to create a "botting" program for the new MMORPG RIFT, which is launching early March 2011. I have a few questions though, just looking for a few fingers pointing me in the right direction (If you're going to flame me please don't reply, this is a serious matter). Is it possible to make a login on the application that will validate via accounts stored on a web server. This validation process will be so that users can't use the botting program without logging in of course. If so, where should I start?

Second question: I know it's fairly simple to execute keystrokes (IE: to use skills and move character). However, how is it possible to get the player's health, mana, in-game location etc.. I have heard the term "injecting" before, I know it's risky and that's how botters get caught. Can anyone possibly explain on the subject? Also, how is it possible to have the program run these commands in "background" mode where the user can have full control of the keyboard while the game & bot are still running.

And one more quick question, in my previous experience of botting, users were able to make their own leveling scripts.. using commands such as GOTO (x,y). How are these commands implemented so the program recognizes them?

Thanks for future replies,

Drizzlx

Edited by drizzlx

First: Welcome to the forum!

Second: Did you read this thread?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I heard some people talking about an announcement, but I also saw tons of threads that did in-fact discuss gameplay bots. So I tried my luck. Honestly, I don't see why it is banned. Game modifications and addons/programs is the reason I am going to school for business oriented programming, this is what got me interested in programming.

Edited by drizzlx

I heard some people talking about an announcement, but I also saw tons of threads that did in-fact discuss gameplay bots. So I tried my luck. Honestly, I don't see why it is banned. Game modifications and addons/programs is the reason I am going to school for business oriented programming, this is what got me interested in programming.

That's how I got into AutoIt, but I do support the anti gamebot stance. I now use it for pretty much everything and my only regret is that I didn't learn about it sooner.

The anti gamebot announcement used to be more lenient, allowing disscussion of bots that didn't break the ToS of games, but that just caused every kid and his grandma to come on here claiming that their game allowed botting, or why their specific bot would not fall under the ToS for that game, so the rule was adjusted to what it is today.

I can't speak for the moderators when it comes to reasons why they would not want to support illigal/unethical, or rule-breaking requests, but it wouldn't be hard to make an argument for that stance and it's their choice to make.

The threads that did get a helpfull response might go back to when the game bot rule was less strict, or even precede the rule all together. If not, it probably slipped by the moderators.

The fact is that the discussion of game bots is not allowed here now, but you can still learn about AutoIt and use your knowledge for game bots, like I once did.

There will even be a good amount of help on the forums on non gamebot specific topics (don't make them gamebot specific in your post either dummy!), but most modern games now take active measures to stop automation, which is hard to bypass yourself and even harder to get help with here.