Mysql hosting / AUTOIT messenger

kra55

sorry if i am asking the wrong people. But any help would be appreciated.

Basically i am creating a instant messenger program for a game re in game logistics :)

I need to create a login system. Then once the user is logged in they will be able to view/modify upto about 10 differant values at a time. This i can do.

Thinking forward. When accessing MYSQL via autoit though a webhost. My ip address has to be entered in to the remote sql/allow list. I assume this is here for security and me allowing the entire WWW will cause friction between me and my host. So my understanding is i have 2 options at this time. I can either find a MYSQL host with unrestricted remote MYSQL access allowed(any ip can access DB) Or i can teach myself tcp/ip connections via auto it. Then make my home computer a "server" that recieves requests from the user's and pass's it on to my webhosts MYSQL database. The second option is obviously not prefered as it will slow the whole process down.

If what i have said makes sense :S. Can anyone suggest what to do here. If my thinking is correct?/are either of these the correct option?/what other options do i have?/Can anyone suggest a MYSQL host?.

Once again i understand if i have asked in the wrong place and i do very much thank anyone for any assistance they can provide....

you make a serverside script on a website with something like php.

make your autoit script send requests to the php script, which in turn deals with the database queries.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Posted 29 minutes ago

you make a serverside script on a website with something like php.

make your autoit script send requests to the php script, which in turn deals with the database queries.

This post has been edited by JohnOne: 28 minutes ago

So do you mean to actually create a page to be brought up in IE and the information accessed?/would i imbeded a webpage into the form somhow? or is there another way i can pass information between AUTOIt and PHP?

Posted 20 minutes ago

Make sure you don't store important information such as database log-in information in your AutoIt code.

This post has been edited by MirnesC2: 19 minutes ago

Hehe definitely will not do this. have thought about the logic behind the login process a little but as i have been focusing on the other workings of it. This will probably be the last step.