run script exe with another script

fielpo

Help File -> Using AutoIt -> Running Scripts -> "Form 3"

; @AutoItExe will point to your compiled script, $path is the path to your uncompiled
Run( @AutoItExe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteScript  " & $path & "\yourscript.au3", $path)

Note: you can, of course also use RunWait

Hope that helps ...

Edited by whim

Not sure I understand, but maybe you mean :

Run("C:\myscript.exe", "C:\")

If not, please explain better ...

Edit: note that in your first post, you have neither provided a full path to your exe,

nor a working directory - see Help file

Edited by whim

ok i get it was simple :)

Run( @AutoItExe & " /AutoIt3ExecuteScript myscript.exe  ") ;

If the patch program is an executable, you don't need to do it this way. The method shown was so that you could run a script, from another script that was compiled. If it is an executable, just run it using Run("C:\Myscript.exe").

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The only time you would really want to use the command line switch /AutoIt3ExecuteScript is if you are running an AU3 script that you have compiled but wanted to use that compiled script to run an UNCOMPILED script, not to run an executable file. I'm not sure why you're saying that Run("myscript.exe") doesn't work or that it doesn't start, do you get an error message? I'm very confused about what exactly it is you're trying to do, and how you're trying to do it. You'll need to post some code that shows how you're starting the program, and not just a couple of lines that make no sense.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator