GUI with Radio buttons

anandnz

Hi

I am encouraged to make this script little user friendly.

Instead of users each time going to program and choose TRUE or False .. a GUI with a radio buttons would really help. Is it a big effort to create a GUI with display of items

$avScripts[0] should be in the GUI followed by a radio button to select, which does same action as $avScripts[$cnt][3] true or false.

How to say, for all the items selected with a radio button ??

Note: If the array inceases to 70, i presume it will i might change to drop down with double click selection.

Commands to do this any references will be greatly appreciated.

#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <Timers.au3>

Global $avScripts[10][4] = _
        [["a", $sScripsPath & "b.bat", 50000, True], _ ;    Are you sure you want $iBreak_Time to be 50 seconds?
        ["b", $sScripsPath & "b.bat", 500000, True], _ ;    Are you sure you want $iBreak_Time to be over 8 minutes?
        ["c", $sScripsPath & "c", 500000, True], _ ;    Doesn't this program have an extention?
        ["d", $sScripsPath & "d.bat", 50000, True], _
        ["e", $sScripsPath & "e.bat", 50000, True], _
        ["f", $sScripsPath & "f.bat", 50000, True], _
        ["g", $sScripsPath & "g.bat", 50000, True], _
        ["h", $sScripsPath & "h.bat", 50000, True], _
        ["i", $sScripsPath & "i.bat", 50000, True], _
        ["j", $sScripsPath & "j.bat", 50000, True]]

sorry, i just realized i should have posted this in GUI section .. i am not sure how to delete this post.

Thanks in advance

--Anand

Edited by anandnz

I don't understand. Do you try to set default value or create those RadioButtons in a loop?

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

I don't understand. Do you try to set default value or create those RadioButtons in a loop?

Thank you Xenobiologist, The intention is to give use the executable with options to choose, Sorry i hink i meant check box not radio buttons will replace the hard coded "True" or "False".

so instead of checking for element with True in loop, i would check if the check box is selected. and rest is same logic.. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

-- Anand

Just remember, you can't use a True/False comparison on whether a checkbox is checked or not. An unchecked checkbox gives you a value of 4, whereas the checked one will give you a value of 1. So if you used a true/false comparison it will always show as true.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

This should get you started. I used check boxes since only 1 radio per group can be checked.

#include-once
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <Timers.au3>

Local $sScripsPath = @DesktopDir & '\'
Global $AvScripts[10][4] = _
        [["a", $sScripsPath & "b.bat", 50000, ''], _ ;    Are you sure you want $iBreak_Time to be 50 seconds?
        ["b", $sScripsPath & "b.bat", 500000, ''], _ ;    Are you sure you want $iBreak_Time to be over 8 minutes?
        ["c", $sScripsPath & "c", 500000, ''], _ ;    Doesn't this program have an extention?
        ["d", $sScripsPath & "d.bat", 50000, ''], _
        ["e", $sScripsPath & "e.bat", 50000, ''], _
        ["f", $sScripsPath & "f.bat", 50000, ''], _
        ["g", $sScripsPath & "g.bat", 50000, ''], _
        ["h", $sScripsPath & "h.bat", 50000, ''], _
        ["i", $sScripsPath & "i.bat", 50000, ''], _
        ["j", $sScripsPath & "j.bat", 50000, '']]

#region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 625, 443, 192, 124)
Local $Checkbox[10]
Local $y = 30
For $i = 0 To UBound($Checkbox) - 1
    $Checkbox[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Checkbox" & $i, 40, $y, 97, 17)
    $y += 30
Next
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 216, 304, 147, 57, $WS_GROUP)
$Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Group1", 32, 8, 137, 315)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#endregion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    For $i = 0 To UBound($Checkbox) - 1
        If GUICtrlRead($Checkbox[$i]) = $GUI_CHECKED Then
            $AvScripts[$i][3] = True
        Else
            $AvScripts[$i][3] = False
        EndIf
    Next
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            _ArrayDisplay($AvScripts, "Current State") ;change this to launch your function
    EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by Varian

This should get you started. I used check boxes since only 1 radio per group can be checked.

Thank a ton Varian, yes i just changed to display "a", "b" etc instead of check box and that seems exactly what i want to do. Thank you very much.

Thank you BrewManNh for the tip. I am starter here and without help of varian and others, i could not have done anything. I will remember your tip, this will be my first GUI in many years. So i have some to rush to office tomorrow..

By the way, any tips, references to relate the coordinates of used in GUI to the screen size and color of the scree.

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", [b]625, 443, 192, 124[/b])
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", [b]216, 304, 147, 57[/b], $WS_GROUP)
$Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Group1", [b]32, 8, 137, 315[/b])
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", [b]-99, -99[/b], 1, 1)

Thanks a ton

Regards

--Anand