Automate WEB form input

jcpetu

Hello all, I would like to send dayly log files of remote servers of our network directly to my computer for further analysys if necessary. The computers are part of our network but due to the fact that they are connected with a very low bandwith link I prefer to use local Internet access to avoid overcharging the links with this traffic.

Due to the fact that I am using the local administrative account without access to the mail I am trying to use a drop-it-to-me account to send the files automatically everyday, but I can no manage to input login automatically.

I have the following code but it does not work. I will appreciate any idea or help.

Thanks a lot and regards.

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE =_IECreate ("www.dropitto.me/account")

If @error Then Exit

; get pointer to the password field

$o_form = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, "form0")

$o_password = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($o_form, "password") ;name="password" type="password"

;Set field value and submit the form

_IEFormElementSetValue ($o_password, "password") ;

_IEFormSubmit ($o_form)

Dialogs that use filename inputs have some security restrictions on synthetic inputs, intended to discourage malicious behavior.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

See my sig for a workaround.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble