Script or UDF request.

LeXarT

I'm not too sure if autoit script can do what i need, but let me ask anyhow:

I want to automate a process that i currently do in MS publisher. Basically we run a local college that issues a course certificate for everyone that has completed the course. This certificate is just a plain a4 page size area that contains some graphics and the details of the course. The only thing that differs from one certificate to the next is only the name and ID-nr of the student.

I would greatly appreciate it if anybody can please just show me a simple code example of how to set up such a page that can contain some graphics and be send to the printer.

Warm regards.

Lex.

Take it from this Quadriplegic, life is beautiful. Don't know what a quadriplegic is? Check out my short bio.Starting an online business.

I'm not too sure if autoit script can do what i need.. I want to automate a process that i currently do in MS publisher.. The only thing that differs from one certificate to the next is only the name and ID-nr of the student.

That's what AutoIt is good at. You know what you want to put where; so one possibility is to use the AutoIt Window Info Tool (AU3Info) and the ControlSend function. This Tutorial, Simple Notepad Automation, may help you get started. Ask questions if they arise. Welcome to the Forum.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

I want to automate a process that i currently do in MS publisher. Basically we run a local college that issues a course certificate for everyone that has completed the course. This certificate is just a plain a4 page size area that contains some graphics and the details of the course. The only thing that differs from one certificate to the next is only the name and ID-nr of the student.

Also - in MS Publisher look under tools -> Mailings and Catalogs -> Mail Merge.

Will make life a lot eazier!