AutoIT EXE getting stopped on Windows logff or machine logOff

Any process a user starts when he is logged on is closed when the user is logged off. This is Windows design. For applications that should run without the user present are called services (daemons on Linux). To run your script as a service see this threaed: or you can use FireDaemon if you happen to have a license anyway.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I digged out this thread because I was searchung for a similar solution for a server, based on XP Professional that is only accessed by Remote Desktop.

Does anybody know if AutoIt - installed as a service - can still perform mouse clicks even when the remote desktop connection is disconnected? (and thus the respective XP user is kind of logged out, i guess)

Any advice is appreciated.

Any process a user starts when he is logged on is closed when the user is logged off. This is Windows design. For applications that should run without the user present are called services (daemons on Linux). To run your script as a service see this threaed: or you can use FireDaemon if you happen to have a license anyway.