[ASK] AutoIT and Mysql

Hi,

I've been coding with AutoIT for a while for my personal use. Currently to connect to our office's database I login as root in the script.

I dont want to use root everytime since I afraid somebody take the exe file out of office, decompile it and found the root login.

I only need a user to read the mysql database, no write at all. Can I just create a new user at the mysql server that just have a privillage to read? I dont know if I have a wrong understanding about mysql: is the database tight to a user that has already defined before?

for example: database ABC has been defined that only user ABC can access, so anybody who login as user XZY can't read that database. Is that right?

Hope my english is not that bad so everybody can understand what I mean ;)

Thanks a lot :)

Yes you can and should use an account with the minimum permissions required to get the job done.

Ref: MySQL Users

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law