Listview works with .au3 but NOT compiled for x64

HeidiR

I have a test script that works correctly by running the .au3 and by compiling it in x86 mode. However, it does not display icons when compiled in x64 mode and running on an x64 machine. What am I missing???

$FILE = "C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll"

;Constants
Global Const $LV_VIEW_DETAILS = 0x0001
Global Const $LV_VIEW_ICON = 0x0000
Global Const $LV_VIEW_LIST = 0x0003
Global Const $LV_VIEW_SMALLICON = 0x0002
Global Const $LV_VIEW_TILE = 0x0004
Global Const $LVM_FIRST = 0x1000
Global Const $LVM_SETVIEW = ($LVM_FIRST + 142)

;GUI Window
GUICreate("test", 1014, 730)

;Listview
$hLV_ICON_LISTVIEW = GUICtrlCreateListView("", 10, 60, 995, 586)
_GUICtrlListView_SetView($hLV_ICON_LISTVIEW, 1)

GUISetState()

For $i = -1 to -10 Step -1
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($i, $hLV_ICON_LISTVIEW)
    GUICtrlSetImage(-1, $FILE, $i)
Next

While 1
    sleep(2000)
Wend

Func _GUICtrlListView_SetView($hWnd, $iView) ;GuiListView.au3 (modified)
    Local $aView[5] = [$LV_VIEW_DETAILS, $LV_VIEW_ICON, $LV_VIEW_LIST, $LV_VIEW_SMALLICON, $LV_VIEW_TILE]

If IsHWnd($hWnd) Then
        Return _SendMessage($hWnd, $LVM_SETVIEW, $aView[$iView]) <> -1
    Else
        Return GUICtrlSendMsg($hWnd, $LVM_SETVIEW, $aView[$iView], 0) <> -1
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func _SendMessage($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam = 0, $lParam = 0, $iReturn = 0, $wParamType = "wparam", $lParamType = "lparam", $sReturnType = "lparam") ;SendMessage.au3
    Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", $sReturnType, "SendMessage", "hwnd", $hWnd, "int", $iMsg, $wParamType, $wParam, $lParamType, $lParam)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, "")
    If $iReturn >= 0 And $iReturn <= 4 Then Return $aResult[$iReturn]
    Return $aResult
EndFunc
HeidiRFind free applications, code examples and more on my site at:http://heidisdownloads.com/

Really? I had no problem. Did you Restart the machine?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Really? I had no problem. Did you Restart the machine?

Thanks for the quick reply. That's strange. I have actually tried it on two different Win7 x64 machines. But no go. I have tried both the Aut2Exe and SciTe compilers to create the x64 exe. Maybe I'm not selecting the correct compile options???

For Aut2Exe, I check the x64 option.

For SciTe, I check the x64 and UPX option.

HeidiRFind free applications, code examples and more on my site at:http://heidisdownloads.com/

Strange. If I could replicate the error I would probably be able to Help! But I am at a loss.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Strange. If I could replicate the error I would probably be able to Help! But I am at a loss.

Thanks for the info. I have attached the x64 exe I am having trouble with. It's the same code as in my original post. Can you tell me if it runs for you?

I respect you have been here a while, but I hope you can understand that I am not happy just running any EXE on my machine, despite telling me it's the same code. :) I would suggest checking that you have the latest version of AutoIt v3.3.6.1 and if you do then re-installing.

UDF List:

I respect you have been here a while, but I hope you can understand that I am not happy just running any EXE on my machine, despite telling me it's the same code. :) I would suggest checking that you have the latest version of AutoIt v3.3.6.1 and if you do then re-installing.

I understand your concern. btw, I'm running v3.3.6.0. v.3.3.6.1 has one bug fix that does not impact me so I have not upgraded.

Hopefully, someone else may have some ideas as to what the issue may be.

Edited by HeidiR

I understand your concern. btw, I'm running v3.3.6.0. v.3.3.6.1 has one bug fix that does not impact me so I have not upgraded.

Hopefully, someone else may have some ideas as to what the issue may be.

I have all the ideas. It's the manifest thing.

Install the latest version of AutoIt and there will be no more problems. I promise.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

See :) Glad you got it working.

Edited by guinness

UDF List: